Northern Football League Division 1 - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I see it, the three best teams behind Heidelberg are:

Mont
Northcote, and
Eltham

I think West are just behind these three (but will finish 3rd)

However, just looking at the ladder and the fixutre-it seems one of Eltham or Nortchote are going to miss the finals.

I see Bundoora beating Boro in the last round leaving them with 36 pts and the best %.

I see Eltham losing and Northcote winning this weekend

That will leave Nortchote and the Panther battling it out in the last round, for a winner takes finals block buster.

Being at Eltham - I see the Panthers winning that.

make sense?

The way I see it, the three best teams behind Heidelberg are:

Mont
Northcote, and
Eltham

I think West are just behind these three (but will finish 3rd)

However, just looking at the ladder and the fixutre-it seems one of Eltham or Nortchote are going to miss the finals.

I see Bundoora beating Boro in the last round leaving them with 36 pts and the best %.

I see Eltham losing and Northcote winning this weekend

That will leave Nortchote and the Panther battling it out in the last round, for a winner takes finals block buster.

Being at Eltham - I see the Panthers winning that.

make sense?

Probably no doubt, the Panther v Couger game in the last round is a all or nothing game. Should be a cracker of a day.

With the season getting to the pointy end why dont we start hearing about the season so far.

1 who is the best player in league
2 who is the most improved in the league
3 best young player coming thru you've seen
4 who have been the gun recruits
5 who are the best and worst coaches
6 who are the best and worst captains
7 your one prediction for what is still to happen in 2010:thumbsu:

With the season getting to the pointy end why dont we start hearing about the season so far.

Best young player coming through would have to be Patrick Fitzgerald from Mont. Thomas from Lalor also handy....

1 Justin Murphy
2 Eltham
3 Nick Millar
4 Saul Caddy Dean Limbach Saad Saad
5 Best Craig Hayes Worst Phil Maylin
6 Best Blair Harvey Worst Steve Marshall
7 North Heidleberg to be in Division 3 within 4 yrs.

1 Justin Murphy
2 Eltham
3 Nick Millar
4 Saul Caddy Dean Limbach Saad Saad
5 Best Craig Hayes Worst Phil Maylin
6 Best Blair Harvey Worst Steve Marshall
7 North Heidleberg to be in Division 3 within 4 yrs.

You have no idea! Your worst captain and coach is a joke!!! Marshall is the most courageous player at Lalor, and leads from the front. Maylin took Bundoora to a GF in his 1st year, and who knows what will happen come sept. Much better young players than Millar too. Sounds like you are an Eltham or Heid Supporter based on your comments. I also cant wait for the Nth supporters to give you a mouthful too!

You have no idea! Your worst captain and coach is a joke!!! Marshall is the most courageous player at Lalor, and leads from the front. Maylin took Bundoora to a GF in his 1st year, and who knows what will happen come sept. Much better young players than Millar too. Sounds like you are an Eltham or Heid Supporter based on your comments. I also cant wait for the Nth supporters to give you a mouthful too!

loser.jpg

Its an opinion mate, get over it.

Has the food scare gone around the Den again? :eek:

Under 19s forfeiting? What will I do with my early morning....off to Heidelberg West to watch Eltham's SECOND U19 team have a kick, cool, lucky they have two sides to save my morning.:rolleyes:

Mate the way Lalors season began was a disgrace and the captain has a big say in the way things are done. If he doesn't, then he should, hence the opinion of him being an average captain. They are getting relegated end of story.

Watched Phil Maylin coach against Heidleberg and on that game alone deserves to be in contention for worst coach. What he did last yr doesn't matter in relation to this year.

North Heidleberg have got some big problems and they are no longer a powerhouse in this league. They will end up going down sooner rather than later and once they do they will struggle to come back up.

Now just relax mate its not the end of the world what i think.

Mate the way Lalors season began was a disgrace and the captain has a big say in the way things are done. If he doesn't, then he should, hence the opinion of him being an average captain. They are getting relegated end of story.

Watched Phil Maylin coach against Heidleberg and on that game alone deserves to be in contention for worst coach. What he did last yr doesn't matter in relation to this year.

North Heidleberg have got some big problems and they are no longer a powerhouse in this league. They will end up going down sooner rather than later and once they do they will struggle to come back up.

Unusual for me to $upport a $heidleberg $uck, but I agree with everything you have said Furious. :thumbsu: However, i do think it a little unfair to blame Marshall on Lala being a pack of average hack footballers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unusual for me to $upport a $heidleberg $uck, but I agree with everything you have said Furious. :thumbsu: However, i do think it a little unfair to blame Marshall on Lala being a pack of average hack footballers.

KA mate i don't blame Soppa for what happened, i just named him worst captain for the season and MISTER X had a meltdown. I thought i'd state a couple of reasons behind my choice, thats all.

true nth heidelberg have had a disappointing year but injuries to key players hasn't helped.get shane harvey back next year too he might be worth another hundred.bit early to be writing them off just yet.

North's problems re. demograhics of the area are longer term & a quick fix of recruits well they don't have the coin of days gone by. Structurally not great with no U/19s & a junior club that has struggled for years & of those injuries list those that have missed the greater part of the year. Was always going to be hard to replace the likes of Saul, Harvs & the Ryan boys.

North's problems re. demograhics of the area are longer term & a quick fix of recruits well they don't have the coin of days gone by. Structurally not great with no U/19s & a junior club that has struggled for years & of those injuries list those that have missed the greater part of the year. Was always going to be hard to replace the likes of Saul, Harvs & the Ryan boys.

Wise words from out on the Gulf. Neil Harvey & Large have filled in for the Doggies 2nds in recent weeks - gutsy effort but an indication of how bare the cupboard is.

no pressure on bundoora at all KA, i wouldnt be worrying about richie cole either if i was you i would just concentrate on winning this week.

Anyone suspect a big day over the pantha next sat? I ask knowingly!

Yep, an absolute massive day to be had @ Hayes Reserve, Eltham (formerly known as Central Park and for a brief moment Shark Park)

First of all, We have a Past Players Reunion, incorporating celebrating the
  • 1970 "Div 1" A Grade Flag,
  • 2000 " Div 2 " A Grade Flag &
  • 2000 " Div 2 " B Grade Flag.
Secondly, K.A will get a chance to re-aqquaint himself with two of his former alltime favourite coaches in Gary Jessop & David Cloke

And Thirdly, apparently a seemingly meaningful must win game against the "cougars" is on too!

Let's hope masses of people come for the Player Reunion & the K.A /Jessop -Cloke reuniting, as I know N.P don't a very big following unless of course somebody can find a way to mobilise the Housing Commish Block from next door to westgarth street. ??

Anyway, equation is very simple, Panthers need a win or draw or otherwise the NFL Finals series will be plain old boring, and the house wives of Eltham will be up for some unwanted affection up until cricket season / spring carney commence.

Yep, an absolute massive day to be had @ Hayes Reserve, Eltham (formerly known as Central Park and for a brief moment Shark Park)

First of all, We have a Past Players Reunion, incorporating celebrating the
  • 1970 "Div 1" A Grade Flag,
  • 2000 " Div 2 " A Grade Flag &
  • 2000 " Div 2 " B Grade Flag.
Secondly, K.A will get a chance to re-aqquaint himself with two of his former alltime favourite coaches in Gary Jessop & David Cloke

And Thirdly, apparently a seemingly meaningful must win game against the "cougars" is on too!

Let's hope masses of people come for the Player Reunion & the K.A /Jessop -Cloke reuniting, as I know N.P don't a very big following unless of course somebody can find a way to mobilise the Housing Commish Block from next door to westgarth street. ??

Anyway, equation is very simple, Panthers need a win or draw or otherwise the NFL Finals series will be plain old boring, and the house wives of Eltham will be up for some unwanted affection up until cricket season / spring carney commence.
Northcote Park have a slightly higher percentage than Eltham K.A. so it will come down to whoever wins plays finals.
The battle of the big cats - cougars v panthers. Which side will finish as kittens?
Panthers to roar and win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back