Northern Football League Division 1 - Part VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now Bruce, even a man of your intelligence would understand that a man of JJ's intellegence wouldn't (or for a more acurate description couldn't) write a piece of literacy genius that the Great White Hope delivered in all its essence.

However, I will pass comment on a few issues here :

1 ) I don't care who you are or which club you represent, anyone who urinates in Public should have the decency to go over to the toilets and wash their hands.

2 ) It is not acceptable practice to open cans of beer before 10.29am on any day of the week. We have approved a 10.30am commencement time

;)
ah at last some fun on bigfooty. and it has taken someone from MRNH ( MACLEOD/ ROSANNA/ NORTH HEIDELBERG ) to get it going.back to the footy. it ended up a close game after it was blown away in the 1st !/4. thanks to all who stayed after the game and had a few drinks with us all. good to see humour is back and MRNH are setting up etiquette rules, from president underbelly.

ah at last some fun on bigfooty. and it has taken someone from MRNH ( MACLEOD/ ROSANNA/ NORTH HEIDELBERG ) to get it going.back to the footy. it ended up a close game after it was blown away in the 1st !/4. thanks to all who stayed after the game and had a few drinks with us all. good to see humour is back and MRNH are setting up etiquette rules, from president underbelly.

Who knows after this season...we may end up being renamed Macannaberg

Laughable swipe at club culture GWH given the behaviour of the young neanderthals camped by the cricket nets. NFL official standing behind the river end goals none too impressed either.

Pity really - was in complete contrast to the spirit shown by the young Joeys on the park.

GWH I have to say the U19s were unbelievably abusive to the umps, especially given that plenty of kids were in the vicinity. Also one of them was p1ssing on the back wheel of one of the utes parked there just as the two kids I was with walked past. Would not have been too hard to wonder 20m over to the trees where at least the rest went.

Surely no more abusive towards the umps than those in and around the Heidelberg coaches box during the two`s, when it seemed like Heidelberg were on the wrong end of some loose decisions.

Surely no more abusive towards the umps than those in and around the Heidelberg coaches box during the two`s, when it seemed like Heidelberg were on the wrong end of some loose decisions.

I believe most are in that frame but public mischief now that's an entirely different matter. Absolutely disgraceful! ... Scandalous even! ... Tarnishing the good name of a footy club. Particularly in light of what would seem certain individuals living in glass houses. Scurrilous vagabonds.

I wonder if heidelberg 2's lose a few more games and find it a bit hard to spend money on their reserves side how long before they ask to go back to division 2 to make it a bit easier for them.
spoke to a few people from other leagues and they didnt believe me when i told them that (1st) they asked to go back to div 2 and (2nd) that the league allowed it.
Love to hear how u morons from h/berg defend this, should give everyone else with a brain a bit of a laugh.:thumbsu:
Give everyone with a brain a laugh,well that excludes you honky. Left yourself wide open there genius.

OK, I'll take back the crack about the officials etc...understand lot of hard work goes into the running of a footy club. But I stand by my comments re the under-19s dropping back to Div 2. The way the NFL handled that decision (letting clubs know via en email) was a joke and I think you will find most clubs agree with me.

And to Always Happy, we make no excuse about getting pumped by Eltham yesty. Obviously we lost to a far better side. Thanks to the above situation, we get to play Eltham again this week (go figure) and we hope the margin is a little closer.
You said in an earlier post that YOU are a person of some standing at MFC, well that explains a fair bit right there, as for the under 19 situation your club's U/17 folded recently with kids going to Banyule and Heidelberg your U/19s are struggling I think the words u used were "getting pumped" so next year it looks like YOU have a big decision to make, because those pumpings could turn into absolute floggings everytime they take the field and I hope YOU elect not to"WIMP IT" like HFC did but I'm sure YOU'LL make the right decision being the person of "some standing" that you are!

big game this week for the roosters against the borough but i think the roosters will be able to manage with some massive ins this week with goodwin, presti and robertson!!

go the roosters :thumbsu::)

You said in an earlier post that YOU are a person of some standing at MFC, well that explains a fair bit right there, as for the under 19 situation your club's U/17 folded recently with kids going to Banyule and Heidelberg your U/19s are struggling I think the words u used were "getting pumped" so next year it looks like YOU have a big decision to make, because those pumpings could turn into absolute floggings everytime they take the field and I hope YOU elect not to"WIMP IT" like HFC did but I'm sure YOU'LL make the right decision being the person of "some standing" that you are!
lets move on, bergs much to good on the weekend, as a macleod player it was very flat before the game and you could sence what actually happened, to our credit we fought it out well in the end and actually made the scoreboard look a little respectable, look forward to the next clash with the bergs hopefully we can be on from the start.
now for eltham, whos up for a slab???

whittlesea v west preston
great game, whittlesea got off to a flyier, but west clawed their way back and kicked 7 goals in the last quarter (4 coming in the last 5 mins). score board did flatter west, they did not look like a premiership team

whittlesea v west preston
great game, whittlesea got off to a flyier, but west clawed their way back and kicked 7 goals in the last quarter (4 coming in the last 5 mins). score board did flatter west, they did not look like a premiership team

TBH they didn't look like a premiership team most of last year. :p

TBH they didn't look like a premiership team most of last year. :p
How many wins for fifth and third,Bundoora will get top spot and probably in everyone's interest if they keep winning,all teams in the mix except Nth. Jury still out on Boro,West going ok,Bergs trying to kickstart their year,Northcote and Eltham up and down but on their day hard to beat,Macleod and Whittlesea will take some big scalps,Monty may come home with a rush. I reckon 10 or 11 wins for fifth,12 or 13 for third. What do ya reckon?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many wins for fifth and third,Bundoora will get top spot and probably in everyone's interest if they keep winning,all teams in the mix except Nth. Jury still out on Boro,West going ok,Bergs trying to kickstart their year,Northcote and Eltham up and down but on their day hard to beat,Macleod and Whittlesea will take some big scalps,Monty may come home with a rush. I reckon 10 or 11 wins for fifth,12 or 13 for third. What do ya reckon?

10 wins would be the target for fifth. Eltham made the five with that number last year.

Mont would want to get a spurt on. with this estimate they would have to win 9 out of last 12 to scrape in.

Not sure who you support Johnny Come Lately, however, I can assure you that the fate of our Under 19's rests squarley on the results of the senior team.

As for our Under 17's, we are cashed up and will probably go out a buy a team next year - no worries :thumbsu:

10 wins would be the target for fifth. Eltham made the five with that number last year.

Mont would want to get a spurt on. with this estimate they would have to win 9 out of last 12 to scrape in.

Perhaps who can win and win well/percentages between now an the 5?

I don't think they can do it. Best they start Tanking for priority draft picks in 2012! :D

Going to be very hard!!

Bulls very impressive.

I would think as impressive as the Tigers in full flight of premiership years.

Have a great mix of in and under on-ballers, solid backline (don’t seem to panick) and unbelievable forward line. To think they have the luxury of playing Rodgers up the ground, or if he stays at home he gets the fourth defender

Very impressed with Farrelly and Penn on the ball

Defence with McIntosh now back there along with Hyde – good ball users – then link to the 6.4 wingman Dennis – they are very hard to stop!

Cloke is just a mountain and Morcroft – looks quite fit and has great hands.

Anyway that’s enough man love for the bulls… bring on the Bulldogs

Bit of a story following the Eltham v Nth Heid clash from one of the few Nth supporters that turned up. Seems that problems are not only with lack of results onfield but also issues off, with lack of numbers and possibly dissapearance of $$$$$!

Bit of a story following the Eltham v Nth Heid clash from one of the few Nth supporters that turned up. Seems that problems are not only with lack of results onfield but also issues off, with lack of numbers and possibly dissapearance of $$$$$!

As the Treasurer of North I can confirm lack of numbers due to a horrendous injury toll that has rolled on from last year but we will manage. As for a disapearance of $$ I hope you are refering to our gate takings being down or you are a complete F-wit! I think 99% of executive committee members at footy clubs will tell you that not only do we have to contribute an enormous amount of time to keep a football club running but usually we are the one's contributing quite a bit of the funding as well. So whoever was your supposed source on this occasion I very much doubt is involved with our football club. Hopefully we can get back on track with a win this week against the old foe Mont and silence a few of the imbeciles out there!

Big Footy Trivia Quiz:

In this round 40 years ago - round 7, 1971 - a record was established in the DVFL that still stands today.

What record was set in round 7, 1971 ??

First correct answer can have a choice of one of the following awesome prizes:
- A Saturday at Warringal Park with The Boof
or
- A Saturday at Panther Place with Kickass
or
- A Saturday at DeWinton Reserve with Underbelly

Wasn't there then. Only stating what I saw/heard. I do not want to stick the knife into Macleod btw.

Was an interesting day at Warringal Park with all three local teams at home, and quite a few people strolling in through the trees from a dry Bev Rd oval for a drink. Parking was difficult to say the least for a late arrival like me. So I missed the first few Heidelberg goals. They were kicking towards the car park with the breeze going diagonally across the oval and if anything helping Macleod. So it was a fine first quarter to lead by 4 goals.

With what there was of the wind, they won the 2nd quarter 3 goals to nothing, moving the ball forward easily and getting a few easy marks in the fwd 50. I left during the third terms due to child duties and regrettably missed the Macleod fightback.

Big Footy Trivia Quiz:

In this round 40 years ago - round 7, 1971 - a record was established in the DVFL that still stands today.

What record was set in round 7, 1971 ??

First correct answer can have a choice of one of the following awesome prizes:
- A Saturday at Warringal Park with The Boof
or
- A Saturday at Panther Place with Kickass
or
- A Saturday at DeWinton Reserve with Underbelly

League Highest Score 40.41.281 by Macleod-Rosanna against the doggies.

Yippee....I get to spend the a day with Kickass on Saturday. I'll be wearing my duffle coat with #4 Geoff Raines on the back and I'll have a spare thermus of nice minestrone soup waiting for ya.
Kickass can sell the peanut bags frrom the boundary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back