Northern Football League Division 1 - Part VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
League Highest Score 40.41.281 by Macleod-Rosanna against the doggies.

Yippee....I get to spend the a day with Kickass on Saturday. I'll be wearing my duffle coat with #4 Geoff Raines on the back and I'll have a spare thermus of nice minestrone soup waiting for ya.
Kickass can sell the peanut bags frrom the boundary

Haha, good win, crap prize tho

Love iPhone. Can catch up on BF on Hospital... :D

League Highest Score 40.41.281 by Macleod-Rosanna against the doggies.

Yippee....I get to spend the a day with Kickass on Saturday. I'll be wearing my duffle coat with #4 Geoff Raines on the back and I'll have a spare thermus of nice minestrone soup waiting for ya.
Kickass can sell the peanut bags frrom the boundary

You're a genius Underbelly. MR kicked the highest score in divvy 1. Although the scores I have are Macleod-Rosanna 40.14.254 to North Heid 5.5.35

Enjoy your day with Kickass.

As the Treasurer of North I can confirm lack of numbers due to a horrendous injury toll that has rolled on from last year but we will manage. As for a disapearance of $$ I hope you are refering to our gate takings being down or you are a complete F-wit! I think 99% of executive committee members at footy clubs will tell you that not only do we have to contribute an enormous amount of time to keep a football club running but usually we are the one's contributing quite a bit of the funding as well. So whoever was your supposed source on this occasion I very much doubt is involved with our football club. Hopefully we can get back on track with a win this week against the old foe Mont and silence a few of the imbeciles out there!

any truth to the rumour there are only about 4 people on the committee at nth, and are struggling big time? i have also heard that nth are stuggling very bad financially also?

Going to be very hard!!

Bulls very impressive.

I would think as impressive as the Tigers in full flight of premiership years.

Have a great mix of in and under on-ballers, solid backline (don’t seem to panick) and unbelievable forward line. To think they have the luxury of playing Rodgers up the ground, or if he stays at home he gets the fourth defender

Very impressed with Farrelly and Penn on the ball

Defence with McIntosh now back there along with Hyde – good ball users – then link to the 6.4 wingman Dennis – they are very hard to stop!

Cloke is just a mountain and Morcroft – looks quite fit and has great hands.

Anyway that’s enough man love for the bulls… bring on the Bulldogs
Top bloke glad to hear he's doing well.
Hard pressed to find a defence in local footy beating a forwardline of Cloke and Moorcroft if given any reasonable standard of supply.

Talk about a cruel Twist of Fate > Unders wins and I somehow lose!! :confused:

Oh well, better than spending the day with the missus i suppose. :rolleyes:
shite you missus must be f*cking bad if you think a day with unders is better than a day with her...:D
make sure you take $100 with you cause you wont get out of there without him hitting you up for a 10k ticket.

shite you missus must be f*cking bad if you think a day with unders is better than a day with her...:D
make sure you take $100 with you cause you wont get out of there without him hitting you up for a 10k ticket.

Got the kids this weekend, so someone else is flogging the tickets on Saturday. Bit hard with 2 ankle biters

Any reason why Goody isn't playing for West Preston tomorrow? Essendon has the bye, so I had planned to go and watch him. Torn between that game and Macleod now.

Hopefully you went to the Macleod game. Heard Macleod got up by a point with Eltham having a shot late in the game which was touched on the line.

Hopefully you went to the Macleod game. Heard Macleod got up by a point with Eltham having a shot late in the game which was touched on the line.

Would've loved to have seen that, wasn't it a one pointer or a draw last year?

Luckily the Greensy-WPL game was an absolute ripper as well. Helps when you meet up with a few friends and the kids aren't asking to go home soon after HT. Had a couple of beers too, and stayed til almost an hour after the end.

The game had everything, great goalkicking (Greensy were 12.0 before two blemishes late in the game), a couple of punch ups, a game that went from Greensy in the ascendency, to WPL ahead at HT, to Greensy seemingly having a decent enough lead late on (and the momentum), to WPL turning it around and deservedly winning in the end. From memory the final score was 12.2 to 12.12.

The Greensborough players weren't afraid to throw Presti around either and he did well not to retaliate at times. WPL also did well not to let some poor umpiring decisions take their focus off winning the game - one bloke got done for running too far when he crumbed the ball 10m out and was not even halfway to the 50m line when the whistle went. Very harsh.

Great game.

Umpires helped Macleod get away to a 40pt lead in the 3rd term then they helped Eltham get back into in the last term and maybe even steal it. At least they were consistant in being inconsistant! Best team won and think Eltham people would say the same.

Looking forward to the next encounter!

Bundy V Whittlesea.
Don't under estimate the Eagles. Thay are a young team who have a fair dinkum crack at the ball and are only lacking a bit of height up forward to be a two or three goal better side. They will worry some.
Game was fairly tight at the start until Moorcroft banged on three in five minutes just before the quarter opening a slight gap.
Whitts continued to play in fits and starts with some excellent tackling and scragging slowing the game down, but as in the first quarter, bundy would get some excellent feed from the backline, clean delivery resulting in a rush of goals in a short period of time.
Scary third quarter where for a long period Bundy had four very young midfielders that next week could possibly all be in the two's and they were still winning the clearances.
Gary went off in the last leaving cloke and harro to clean up the spoils.
Between 4-6 players coming back in next week for the Boro match at Yulong.
Come on down for what should be a cracker.:cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great game.

Umpires helped Macleod get away to a 40pt lead in the 3rd term then they helped Eltham get back into in the last term and maybe even steal it. At least they were consistant in being inconsistant! Best team won and think Eltham people would say the same.

Looking forward to the next encounter!

Heard the two's umpires were even worse

thanks for bringing that slab in the rooms denny crane:(
Hey Musta, can you shed some light on the spray recieved by the Eltham boys by the coach after the game, apparently it was a one of the best bakes going around and heard by everyone in both change rooms.:D

Hey Musta, can you shed some light on the spray recieved by the Eltham boys by the coach after the game, apparently it was a one of the best bakes going around and heard by everyone in both change rooms.:D
haha yeah it was a ripper, something about make sure u boys bring ya bloody mouth guards to training this week lol.
jewlesandbullet we on again this year???

It was the spray they had to have. Twice now, we have gone to "The Slant" with a complacent attitude, and twice we have come away 1pt Losers.

Not taking anything away from Macleod as they were very good, but our blokes should be better.

This was the game that kick started that Panther Bandwagon last year. Lets hope it does the same in 2011. :thumbsu:

It was the spray they had to have. Twice now, we have gone to "The Slant" with a complacent attitude, and twice we have come away 1pt Losers.

Not taking anything away from Macleod as they were very good, but our blokes should be better.

This was the game that kick started that Panther Bandwagon last year. Lets hope it does the same in 2011. :thumbsu:

the Eltham V Macleod games have become a highlight of the year, always seem to be hard forght, tight, close games, lets hope we get plenty more like these in the years to come:thumbsu:
As for the Panther Bandwagon i jumped on them on the tips this week and true to form with my tipping Macleod got up. Good luck for the rest of the season.

thanks for bringing that slab in the rooms denny crane:(

Sorry, was there but rushed to emergency halfway through the 2s, have been ****ed up onme back and still will be for a while. I will pay up:thumbsu:

Unless you visit ward 8 at Austin.....actually there is bigwig shop nearby so ya gunna have to wait,sorry.

Sorry, was there but rushed to emergency halfway through the 2s, have been ****ed up onme back and still will be for a while. I will pay up:thumbsu:

Unless you visit ward 8 at Austin.....actually there is bigwig shop nearby so ya gunna have to wait,sorry.
no worries mate hope all is well..
romper i also remember playing the panthers back in 2000 when we had a 1 point win (thats when you would have been in full flight running around like dean cox). I think the last 3 times we have played them at home its been a 1 point victory to us.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back