Northern Football League Division 3 - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tips and thoughts for round 3??

Hurstbridge over Heidelberg West by 96pts
Reservoir over St. Marys by 92pts
Parkside over Panton Hill by 11pts

Sth Morang to get on the board with the bye..

Stupid man, much closer game between Hurstbridge and West.

because they beat st. marys???

No cause we're a lot better side then people say, we have two good forwards, probably one of the best mid fields in the comp and a great game plan.

Lost to Reservoir who are a great side was in the game for almost every term but poor kicking cost us and I wouldn't be surprised if they go on and win the flag.

Just wait and see.

Re: 2009 Northern Football League Division 3 - Part I

We are looking just great, I was at training tonight and new faces arriving each week, We will certainly be fielding 1 side and still not beyond the realms of possibility of having a ressies also.

"Burks" is training the house down as well as all the rest of the guys, from what I saw tonight St MArys will not be easy beats this season.

All you guys that came to training pre Xmas, we wants to see you back, the numbers have swelled and the nucleus of the team will be strong. so come on down to the Burras for what will be an exciting year. Oh yea, the 19s are bigger and stronger as well, and have picked up some Div 1 players from last year. All's well down here and raring to go.

If you are interested to come down for either Senior or 19's have a look at our website and make contact with us.

Go The Burras

ps Mitch77, where are you, would love to see you back mate, it's all going well.

Yeah, it was a pity to see Adam (Buckets) Burkett go down 10 minutes into round 1 with a broken collarbone from being taken out after he kicked it by #48 from panton hill...steve .??? something. Was having a promising start to the game and season. He will be back in about a month. Good to see the boys not give up in their match against the redbacks or against west for that matter. Just need to not commit so many turnovers and do some scoreboard damage. The way in which they played both games was not indicative through the scoreline.

Hopefully the team can stay strong and show some good improvement through the year so that when the 19's come through(myself included) we will be a much fitter and stronger unit next year. As the 19's are looking like having a good season so far although we havent had much in the way of opposition so far.

Good luck to all division three sides this year and look forward to playing against you all next year.

Freddy Mercury are you for real one win in 2 years and you think you got a gun midfeild i watched the game against st.marys none of your midfield is good quiet laughable really

Freddy Mercury are you for real one win in 2 years and you think you got a gun midfeild i watched the game against st.marys none of your midfield is good quiet laughable really

****in' spare me.

26 would all get games in any divi 3 and probably divi 2 sides.

Just wait and see.

Hate ***** like you who just don't rate us.

****in' spare me.

Just wait and see.

calm down freddie, we have been down the bottom for a long time and beating st marys doesnt change our reputation, lets just get the results on the field and the respect will come...

Good Luck to all players tomorrow.
Reservoir to beat St Marys
Parkside to beat Panton Hill
Heidelberg west to beat Hurstbridge

Don't be shocked if Heid West beats Hurstbridge tomorrow!

We have underestimated them so far. They do have a strong mid field and potent forward line, however they lack some strength and experience down back.

If they can get more clearances than Hurstbride, on such a small ground, their forwards will dominate. Danny Butler has proven that it's never too late and your never too old to play footy. I understand that it's Div 3 footy, however, i have been playing Senior footy now for 14 years and i have seen many blokes come and go! Some even in their mid 20s, in their prime and still able to play but choose to sit on the couch eat pizza and drink piss!

At 41 years of age, he is an inspiration to many. He has gone to a club that hasn't won a game in 2 years and risks not only getting injured but his reputation! Yes he has some history with the DVFL days but he has certainly tryin to make amends! Let's not forget that he has already kicked 16 goals.

It's typical of some to always cut down people that try to achieve.
I bet it's the blokes with a green tinny in one hand, a hot dog in the other one, with a dart in their mouth, a gut full of piss, sitting on an esky in the back of their ute on the boundary line of a sat arvo that are not physically fit or even mentally fit enough to even train, let alone play 2s, that are bagging BUTLER! He is 41, has kicked 16 goals and is playing senior footy for a team which has a great leader and coach in Matt James.

If your reading this, and are one of these blokes than why dont you get off your fat lazy arse, get off the ciggies and piss, get to training and get a game yourself. I bet your full of excuses as to why you cant.

The NFL has a good image, however it's these larrikins on the boundary line that have alot to say but not much action that bring our game into disrepute!

You have no idea how much of a challenge it is to get to training and then be expected to play well on Sat for 20 weeks a year. Not to mention a pre season!

I applaud every bloke that plays footy on saturdays. We are real men and not losers like the ones i mentioned earlier! We resemble Aussie Diggers that go to battle with our mates and not the shirkers, 'has beens' or 'never weres' that critisise others that make the effort!

****in' spare me.

Just wait and see.

Settle JB... Just trying to get a rise out of you young fella. The best thing for us to do is go about our business and play competitive footy every week, hopefully build and get better every week and then the results will go our way, because we've worked hard at it.

You also left out #2 and 24 who both made the Div 3 team of the year last season :)

Tips and thoughts for round 3??

Hurstbridge over Heidelberg West by 96pts
Reservoir over St. Marys by 92pts
Parkside over Panton Hill by 11pts

Sth Morang to get on the board with the bye..

Well here we are, Round 3 already. My thoughts on the round are:
Hurstbridge, at home and a bit too experienced, except for West Heidelberg's Old Man Butler, to bring the Hawks back to earth.
Reservoir to continue on their winning way with a big win over St Mary's, assuming the Reza boys find the ground. Where the hell is it?
Premiership favourites Parkside to be way, way too good for Panton Hill.

Oh, and even the Bye will beat South Morang as the league isn't giving any points for teams that draw the bye. so bye, bye Morang !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Settle JB... Just trying to get a rise out of you young fella. The best thing for us to do is go about our business and play competitive footy every week, hopefully build and get better every week and then the results will go our way, because we've worked hard at it.

You also left out #2 and 24 who both made the Div 3 team of the year last season :)

Honestly, those that made the div 3 team of the year judged on 6 games , get real a season is 18 weeks if you make the team of the year after 18 games then claim it ?????

Re: 2009 Northern Football League Division 3 - Part I

Yeah, it was a pity to see Adam (Buckets) Burkett go down 10 minutes into round 1 with a broken collarbone from being taken out after he kicked it by #48 from panton hill...steve .??? something. Was having a promising start to the game and season. He will be back in about a month. Good to see the boys not give up in their match against the redbacks or against west for that matter. Just need to not commit so many turnovers and do some scoreboard damage. The way in which they played both games was not indicative through the scoreline.

Hopefully the team can stay strong and show some good improvement through the year so that when the 19's come through(myself included) we will be a much fitter and stronger unit next year. As the 19's are looking like having a good season so far although we havent had much in the way of opposition so far.

Good luck to all division three sides this year and look forward to playing against you all next year.

Next year? , maybe stay focused on this year first??

poor old toftsy is copping a hiding,cant argue with the running around nude stunt,however the bloke is being blamed for bringing down a club,ALL CLUBS have blokes who are prone to mucking up on the odd occaison.they are pulled into line and people move on

to blame shaun for the rabble that is morang is an easy cop out.he saw the light and decided to move on.people change clubs all the time

concentrate on your 113th time to build your club.

Good onya Shaun loyal club people dont change clubs mate they stick fat

So the fall out at Sth Morang so far over pre-season and round 1:

1x Footy Manager
1x Operations Manager
Committee people
3x players so far

yeah looks like still a rabble.

we have to be very careful about what we post about the MIGHTY MORANG,there people dont take to kindly to the general opinion people express about there awesome footy club.

fantastic junior club in there own right being let down by a senior disaster.

some things never change[/quote]

Maybe those that have left were not that committed to start with and some maybe had a history that was not that good and cannott handle the truth, for what Morang have lost they have gained much more and the atmosphere is much better from what i hear. easy to focus on what people have departed but maybe the focus should be on who has replaced them as all positions have been refilled, not to mention the 30 odd new players cleared to the club this year.

The challenge for the new coach is to to get them all to gel and from all accounts he is doing a great job, not an easy task. To all keep up the great work.

As for the juniors with all due respect they are not as fantastic as stated and have thier issues as do most clubs but are the future of the club and I hear that the senior guys are working with the junior club with emphasis on the future that can only be good for all.

As always the work load is left to too few more help is needed in general then they may be able to fully reap the rewards

New on here so be gentle. I need to know why sth morang have lost 5 of their 6 back men, O'rourke their best forward, bar dowell, harradopolous (excuse spelling)? On top of that lost the u/19s, and recruited wash ups. So much for the emphasis on junior football. Now all you make believers, here's your chance to make excuses and tell us you have a plan, "again"..
I've read all your posts before and have a feel for who you are so don't hold back. Irate supporter for 30 yrs. And before you go me, yes, i have served the club many times, so i'm not on the fence.

Come to the club introduce yourself an you will get your answers

Last year the Junior Commitee wished to take over the Seniors of the Club at Sth Morang.
I did watch a bit of the Sth Morang vs Parkside match on the weekend.
Sth did look quite deplorable. It seemed as though they had a game plan, however not the talent to execute it.
Losing these players to Lalor will effect them greatly.
J.Robinson (U/17) played in the 1sts team. Good to see the coach asked him to play wide of the contest. So wide, he was even on the outside of the Qtr time huddles!
Pagan's paddock was used, however there was no Carey. Or Longmire. Or even a 'Fridge' Roberts. Hell, there was not even a poor man's J.O.N.'s.
St Mary's may have just altered their 'sight scope' from H.West to South Morang!

Goose , if the juniors wished to take over why did they not attend the AGM ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back