Norwich Rising Star Award

• Thread starter eagles_rule
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

E

eagles_rule

I think it's about time that the trophy is engraved with Paul Hasleby's name. How good is this kid. I think he needs to work a little on his kicking, but he can improve this. Other players who may come close to Hasleby are Spriggs from Geelong, Brown from Fremantle, and Glass from WCE. There are probably a few other but i can't think of them at the moment. What do the other's out there think.

Spriggs, Haselby, Brown.
With Haselby the clear outstanding player of all 3.
Says it all Round 4 and he is being tagged.

speaking of trophys.....there is onther small medal at the moment i which i reckon has the letters B U C K engraved on it already.
I men, the guy polled awesome last year in a team that only won four games. This year, they've one four already.
Watch out.....

------------------
2000: year of the bomber

Haselby by a mile so far, but from a West Coast POV, watch for young Chaddie Fletcher. He's been a solid contributor in our midfield so far, and was especially good in our second quarter blitz on the weekend. It's often hard to believe he'd only played one game prior to season 2000.
I've heard good things about Spriggs, but have yet to see him play. I guess this week will tell....

Actually Fletcher turns 21 this year. Is he still eligible?

Speaking about the Norwich Rising Star, the first year of that award was in 1993. Some of the nominations for that year included: Peter Everitt, Shane Crawford, Joe Misiti, Scott West, David Neitz, Nathan Buckley, James Hird, Dustin Fletcher, Matthew Richardson, Glenn Archer, Sav Rocca, Duncan Kellaway, Mark Riccuito, Ang Christou, Ricky Olarenshaw, Mark Mercuri, and Leigh Colbert.

By my reckoning <Start Dan24 MODE>, there are 8 Premiership players, 1 Norm Smith medallist, 2 Brownlow medallists, 3 club captains, 1 ex-club captain, 11 All Australians <End Dan24 MODE>. I wasn't game to count the number of club best and fairest awards. I don't think any other year has had such a crop of players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RULES FOR NORWICH

1. Must be under 23 (I thought Fitzgerald was)

2. Must be 1st or 2nd season of senior AFL Footy (J Johnson is in his 3rd)

3. Must have played no more than somewhere around 7 - 10 games.

Matt

Matt,
Fitzgerald is 23 (24 in October) and Johnson is in his 4th year (debut 1997 3, games), so both miss out. Hasleby looks good, but I'd say had he been young enough Fitzgerald would have given him a run for his money!

I knew Johnson had played at least in 98 cause he dominated in parts that year. Injure dlast year though, right?

Fitzgerald was drafted fairly old then?

He was taken with the pick Collingwood gave Sydney for Licuria and Orchard (and 2 draftpicks) prior to 99.

That was pick #3 in the 98 November draft, right?

Why was someone so talented taken so old?

Or am I mistaken about when he was taken?

Matt

JJ sounds like he's ineligible (sheeds likes to play people in the twos for ages) - but Matt I think you're mixing him up with Mark Johnson who broke his collar bone after a gun start last year against North I think.

Cheers anyway
Dutch

Ps. Anzac day should be huge!

I know about Mark Johnson, but wasn't Jason juge the year before (1998) in parts.

I only remember that because quite a few people were dissapointed with his 1999 (injury probs.) after a good 1998.
And in my fantasy league someone got J Johnson last year thinking he was going to kill and then he didn't play a game.

Matt

Another mindless plug - http://www.dreamwater.com/mtffafl/

Remove this Banner Ad

Norwich Rising Star Award

Remove this Banner Ad

Back