Norwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Interested to see if Norwood's recently de-listed AFL players (Campbell, Jericho, Massie) end up at the Parade in 2009.

Think you'll find Norwood hasn't even spoken to him, and has no intention of doing so.

I'd imagine most of the club's recruiting drive for 2009, will be centred around attempting to retain it's AFL delisted players. Even if they're only succesful in getting a couple of the four players involved, you'd think we'd be getting pretty close to that "imaginary" cap.

Norwood aren't looking at Courtney Johns, it's all paper talk.
Cockshell training with Richmond, could get picked up.
Jericho training with Carlton .. they pick up everyone.
Campbell looks like staying at Norwood.
Massie unsure of future at this point .. hopefully Norwood hold onto him.
Norwood has picked up "key" forward and "key" defender (names to be be released later), and may be in the market for another ruckman, depending on whether Cockshell is picked up by the Tigers.

Norwood aren't looking at Courtney Johns, it's all paper talk.
Cockshell training with Richmond, could get picked up.
Jericho training with Carlton .. they pick up everyone.
Campbell looks like staying at Norwood.
Massie unsure of future at this point .. hopefully Norwood hold onto him.
Norwood has picked up "key" forward and "key" defender (names to be be released later), and may be in the market for another ruckman, depending on whether Cockshell is picked up by the Tigers.

Any idea who AH? PM me if necessary....

Any idea who AH? PM me if necessary....

Sorry, I should have added that's all I know. I've been told we've got those players "stitched up" but haven't been told who they are. That's a good thing because in the past we've had players in the bag, word got out, and then they were stolen by other clubs. Let's hope these 2 players are as "stitched up" as they are saying. We really do need a good player at both ends of the ground.

Unless they're picked up in the Draft, Jericho, Massie and Lee (Essendon) appear set to play at The Parade in 2009.

Campbell signed a 3 year deal yesterday, and Terlich joins an ever expanding list of former Swans at The Parade.

From the clubs website I am excited!

Key Signings

Ladies & Gentleman

We are very pleased today to announce the key signings of Kris Massie (1 year), Andrew Lee (2 years), Dean Terlich (2 years) & Bryce Campbell (3 years).

Kris’s record speaks for itself playing a total of 131 AFL games (88 Adelaide & 43 Carlton).

The experience, leadership & most of all the versatile playing capabilities that Kris will bring to the Norwood football club will continue to help in our quest to become one of the most powerful football club’s within the SANFL.

Andrew is a strong marking, well skilled 196cm and 93kg Key position player from the Essendon Football Club who has played 5 senior games of AFL football.

Originally taken at pick 30 in the 2005 National draft from the Burnie Dockers in Tasmania, Andy is a good replacement for either Stuart Bown (retired) or Taylor Walker (who is likely to spend time with the Adelaide Crows).

Dean Terlich joins us after spending season 2008 on Sydney’s Rookie list. A skillful and quite powerful midfielder/half forward Dean chose Norwood in front of a number of other interstate & local club’s due to a strong relationship he has with fellow teammates Sam Rowe, Mal Dougals & Crow listed Taylor Walker.

Bryce Campbell returns to the Club he loves, the Club he calls home & the only club he was ever going to play for after a couple of frustrating seasons at AFL level with the Adelaide Crows. Bryce has spent the past two months home on the farm in Wagga Wagga freshening up both his body and mind before coming across & signing with the Club yesterday. Bryce always wanted to be at Norwood & has decided not to return home or pursue other options as his preference was to stay at the Parade.

All these gentlemen’s signings are subject to being re-drafted in this year’s National or Pre season drafts.

The Club is generally excited about the prospect of having these boys for season 2009 & beyond & we look forward to their contribution towards our quest to win our first flag since 1997.

Mark Ross

Football Operations Manager

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stopp, Speight, Cockshell, Pfeiffer (Carl.), Jericho, Hughes, Lee, Donohue,
all chances to be picked up today - nervous wait.

Minimal losses in this year's drafts, good off-season recruiting, adminstration moves back to the oval, grant for improved lighting - all looks good for 2009.

A mate just mentioned that Adam Cockshell has left Norwood not sure where he's going, is this true?

Does anyone know anything?

He was training with Richmond in the hope of getting picked up but didn't so no idea what his plans are now.

Cockshell was originally linked with Westies, but now appears to be heading to South. Won't be playing for us, it appears.

Very impressive win by the Legs against Glenelg last night.

It may have been at a cost however, as Kite and Jericho have both copped potentially serious knee injuries - damn trials.

Remove this Banner Ad

Norwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back