not enough

Remove this Banner Ad

I think people are missing the point, it was a positive thread I think, just not expressed clearly. I think the only reason this thread was made was because we had won the game at 3/4. Because of this, everyones excitement of a win was felt then, so to loose the last quater put a bit of a damper on it afterwards I think. The main point I think was that the 4th quarter still needs improvement, because that efort suggested again that if we are level with a team at 3/4 time, we will lose. I think people have been too critical, obviously everyone is extactic with the win. Its just been so long since we've had the game won at 3/4, that we are not use to watching the last quarter more critically. This thread has been blown out of porportion, read his other post, you honestly think he isnt excited about the win.
On a positive note, hopeully it means we saved some energy for hawthorn, which they had to spend in their last quater.

I think people are missing the point, it was a positive thread I think, just not expressed clearly. I think the only reason this thread was made was because we had won the game at 3/4. Because of this, everyones excitement of a win was felt then, so to loose the last quater put a bit of a damper on it afterwards I think. The main point I think was that the 4th quarter still needs improvement, because that efort suggested again that if we are level with a team at 3/4 time, we will lose. I think people have been too critical, obviously everyone is extactic with the win. Its just been so long since we've had the game won at 3/4, that we are not use to watching the last quarter more critically. This thread has been blown out of porportion, read his other post, you honestly think he isnt excited about the win.
On a positive note, hopeully it means we saved some energy for hawthorn, which they had to spend in their last quater.

And when our young list gets more experience into them, then this issue will slowly fade. Why do you think that this has been such a consistent factor throughout the year? Surely it's not that difficult to understand? (That last statement was not directed at you damage)

And when our young list gets more experience into them, then this issue will slowly fade. Why do you think that this has been such a consistent factor throughout the year? Surely it's not that difficult to understand? (That last statement was not directed at you damage)
not difficult to understand, but impossible to accept.

for the sake of discussion then..

if we go by the evidence, then how could we possibly be up by 10 goals when this hasn't happened before? How could we beat port when we haven't done it since 2001? The evidence doesn't support these outcomes. Nonethless, these were the outcomes.

If i were Pagan, i would have been out to the boys at 3/4 time to tell them that the job wasn't done. To tell them that good teams go on from here to boost percentage. Good teams play 4 quarters of football. I think he did go out and say that, but it didn't work out the way he planned.

most people on here have disagreed with my view, yet i wouldn't be able to find one of them who were championing the cause for playing 3/4's of football. All the talk on the forum has been about playing 4 quarters, but it turns out that was all fluff. People don't care if we play 1 quarter or 4, so long as we win. Well, I do care and I want us to be able to play 4 quarters of football at will.

This is where you are right.........and the evidence says we are not a good team yet. At no point have I stated that I'm happy we are only winning 1 Q of footy......or three for that matter. Yes, we have more improvement to become a good team.

I know this, you know this.......everyone knows this. What got most people rilled here is that after such a positive match for the club, one of the first things you did was to bag the performance for not being good enough............by what standards?
The standards of our team over the past three years......or the standard of a premiership team.
We are a wooden spoon team on the improve. That is not to say we accept that that is good enough and we don't improve.........its to say that we acknowledge another positive step and know that we need to do better.
Judge us by the standards of a premiership team and you are not going to enjoy the next few years.

Do good teams ALWAYS win 4 quarters? I think we both know the answer to this one.;)

This is where you are right.........and the evidence says we are not a good team yet. At no point have I stated that I'm happy we are only winning 1 Q of footy......or three for that matter. Yes, we have more improvement to become a good team.

I know this, you know this.......everyone knows this. What got most people rilled here is that after such a positive match for the club, one of the first things you did was to bag the performance for not being good enough............by what standards?
The standards of our team over the past three years......or the standard of a premiership team.
We are a wooden spoon team on the improve. That is not to say we accept that that is good enough and we don't improve.........its to say that we acknowledge another positive step and know that we need to do better.
Judge us by the standards of a premiership team and you are not going to enjoy the next few years.

Do good teams ALWAYS win 4 quarters? I think we both know the answer to this one.;)

by the standard of a premiership team, which is what i will always measure Carlton against.

good teams don't always win/play 4 quarters, but good teams CAN always win/play 4 quarters.

by the standard of a premiership team, which is what i will always measure Carlton against.

good teams don't always win/play 4 quarters, but good teams CAN always win/play 4 quarters.

Exactly. We are not a good team yet. We are an average team playing very well.
Complaining that we don't play out 4Q's tells me that you think we are already a good team..

Exactly. We are not a good team yet. We are an average team playing very well.
Complaining that we don't play out 4Q's tells me that you think we are already a good team..

i believe we are a good team who had tough breaks this year and last.

But when does that point come, that we are confirmed as a good team? At what point does the dial tick over? I would argue that playing the four quarters on the weekend past would move the dial a bit. Beating Hawthorn this week will move the dial some more. Beat Hawthorn and the Dockers and some might start thinking we are a good team.

i believe we are a good team who had tough breaks this year and last.

But when does that point come, that we are confirmed as a good team? At what point does the dial tick over? I would argue that playing the four quarters on the weekend past would move the dial a bit. Beating Hawthorn this week will move the dial some more. Beat Hawthorn and the Dockers and some might start thinking we are a good team.

Just like everyone thought the Power were a good team after being 6-1?

Judging this can only ever come towards the end of the year for those teams in transition.
We know WCE are a good team, we know the Tiges are not........for many in transition we won't know for another 6-7 rounds.........but that's my opinion.

it was great to win, but it wasn't enough. a real top side wouldn;t have given the opposition a free ride in the last quarter. because we slacked off, we robbed ourselves of a 10 goal win, a 10 goal win that we deserved.

We still sit in 14th rather than 13th because of the last quarter.

Just another thing our boys need to learn.

we are 13 th buddy but i do agree with the fact that we took our foot off the pedal:thumbsdown:. if we had of been up by only 5 goals we probz would have lost:thumbsdown:, but we didn't loose:thumbsu: so lets just take it because, after all, we were good enough to get in front by 10 goals in the first place.:thumbsu:

It would of been nice to bury a team into humiliation for what we've all been through over the last few years, but we never looked like losing and i'll take 39 points every week :) also it didn't hurt my multi having carlton under 39.5points got that one in just....lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

not enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Back