Nothern Riverina Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite surprised Group 20 came to the party and changed their final schedule,always thought they had their heads in the sand and would never consider something like that for the good of both codes.

Although are you serious guru that 2 griffith teams (i assume you mean 1st grade ) are playing off on the same day in west wyalong, thats laughable,

Does anyone have the schedule for NRFL Grand final day at WW and the G20 Final day at WW.

HDT 5, the old man tells me brad brown is going really well, tells me he was the man for CD, which really surprises me , apparently he could beat CD when ever he could make the contest of course he would get lost at some times ?

Any predictions for the Wesmeister Goals on GF day, he is probably due for a bag in a GF, although one of his best GF's was when he only kicked 2 against Ungarie in 03 but hell he did some work in the forward line

Hey boys,

Back from the wildernes had trails over the last to weeks so been busy havn a crack at them.

Would expect a big crowd after what i heard last w.E out of ungarie, $3,400 on the gate n thats on over 18s payn $5 to get in, they made over a grand on the bbq, so this w.e id say the only people at the league will be the guys playin.

Yer brad doing well that day cd kicked 5 n went of in the last quater wit a hammy, pies pritty disapointed with thier efforts on the finals, still believe that we would of been better playn cd a chb were he playd when we won all our games this year but im not the coach.

On the game this w.e i think that lake will get up, history over the past couple of years has seen barellan go into the g.F 2-1 up on their sides and blow it in the big 1, lake blokes are big game players and i would expect nutn less then them to come out hard at the pill all day, one player thats is vital for hilston is ruckman murphy if he get injuryed then i think hilston are shot.

Quite surprised Group 20 came to the party and changed their final schedule,always thought they had their heads in the sand and would never consider something like that for the good of both codes.

Although are you serious guru that 2 griffith teams (i assume you mean 1st grade ) are playing off on the same day in west wyalong, thats laughable,

Does anyone have the schedule for NRFL Grand final day at WW and the G20 Final day at WW.

HDT 5, the old man tells me brad brown is going really well, tells me he was the man for CD, which really surprises me , apparently he could beat CD when ever he could make the contest of course he would get lost at some times ?

Any predictions for the Wesmeister Goals on GF day, he is probably due for a bag in a GF, although one of his best GF's was when he only kicked 2 against Ungarie in 03 but hell he did some work in the forward line

I've only seen one game for the season big fella, but that was against Ungarie and he certainly held his ground. Chris did kick 4 or 5 but at least 3 of those were when he was on the lead with easy entry inside and i don't think many blokes would stop him then. For a bloke that hasn't played for the last couple of years he's done very well. Old man reckons he'd have had to been close to the league's new Rising Star award..

Wonder what funny things pressure will do tomorrow. Should be a corker. As far as i've heard both teams are fully fit. Hope the big dawg (wes) kicks a bag, if ya read this mate, good luck.

Go the mighty Tigers :thumbsu:

I've only seen one game for the season big fella, but that was against Ungarie and he certainly held his ground. Chris did kick 4 or 5 but at least 3 of those were when he was on the lead with easy entry inside and i don't think many blokes would stop him then. For a bloke that hasn't played for the last couple of years he's done very well. Old man reckons he'd have had to been close to the league's new Rising Star award..

Wonder what funny things pressure will do tomorrow. Should be a corker. As far as i've heard both teams are fully fit. Hope the big dawg (wes) kicks a bag, if ya read this mate, good luck.

Go the mighty Tigers :thumbsu:

Yer i agree wit you there mate he held his ground, he's done well in returing then as he quite an asset to the backline. Who no's wit that rising star business mitch ward won it, played on him all three games n he kicked 1 goal n hardly go a touch, its the decison of 1 bloke who wins it, brad would of deserved it more...

Should be a big day although things are looking over cast, i hope the psv of the league is in better knick then when we played coz it was shockn in round 9.
Tigers experience should come through today,Hilston havnt been here before and wouldnt b surprised if they wilter like they did in that prelim final last time argus coached...

Yer i agree wit you there mate he held his ground, he's done well in returing then as he quite an asset to the backline. Who no's wit that rising star business mitch ward won it, played on him all three games n he kicked 1 goal n hardly go a touch, its the decison of 1 bloke who wins it, brad would of deserved it more...

Should be a big day although things are looking over cast, i hope the psv of the league is in better knick then when we played coz it was shockn in round 9.
Tigers experience should come through today,Hilston havnt been here before and wouldnt b surprised if they wilter like they did in that prelim final last time argus coached...

Well Koops it seems you were wrong again like most of the statements you have made on this site.
What annoys me is you think that because a side like Lakes or your side Ungarie have played in GF's and have domintated the league over the past will win just because of those facts.
You have not taken into fact that Hillston coached by Argus for the first time as Pavese led them in the prelim the previous time have beaten all sides and flogged lakes in S/F but this was still not enough for them to win apparently.
Do not know the exact score but it seems it was a flogging and a win for the town to cherish for some time.
Argus had these guys playing for him and is a legend in his own rights.
It is great to see another side win in a league dominated by a few clubs.
A lot of work has gone unrewarded to people at Hilliston and yesterday was pay day for them.
I can imagine the celebrations that are happening and will occur and wish i was there to see the great man lift the cup.
This will be not the last time you will see it happen as i predict two in a row with Argus in command again next year!!
Koops it could be a long year again next year.................:thumbsu:

PS: I am good friends with Gus but did not have the pleasure to see the game as i live in Mildura but played with Gus in Griffith. Go MAN

Well Koops it seems you were wrong again like most of the statements you have made on this site.
What annoys me is you think that because a side like Lakes or your side Ungarie have played in GF's and have domintated the league over the past will win just because of those facts.
You have not taken into fact that Hillston coached by Argus for the first time as Pavese led them in the prelim the previous time have beaten all sides and flogged lakes in S/F but this was still not enough for them to win apparently.
Do not know the exact score but it seems it was a flogging and a win for the town to cherish for some time.
Argus had these guys playing for him and is a legend in his own rights.
It is great to see another side win in a league dominated by a few clubs.
A lot of work has gone unrewarded to people at Hilliston and yesterday was pay day for them.
I can imagine the celebrations that are happening and will occur and wish i was there to see the great man lift the cup.
This will be not the last time you will see it happen as i predict two in a row with Argus in command again next year!!
Koops it could be a long year again next year.................:thumbsu:

PS: I am good friends with Gus but did not have the pleasure to see the game as i live in Mildura but played with Gus in Griffith. Go MAN

Lol fair go mate, congrats must go to the boys from hilston for winning the flag...any side that spends that much money on a team and has players comming from everywhere should win, well what beats experience on the big day really.
Last time i checked it was a shield that got presented but you would no better wouldnt ya becuse you are from the league...
Who doesnt like the story of an underdog, everyone wants to see the silver spoon team get knocked of dont they..
I'd say that Julian Kelly would be having a massive one as he is the master mind behind the club and his shearin team might have a week of..
Lol mate can you tell me how many flags the pies have won??
I wouldnt say finishing 3rd in the regular season and dropping out early is a long year...

:thumbsu:
Lol fair go mate, congrats must go to the boys from hilston for winning the flag...any side that spends that much money on a team and has players comming from everywhere should win, well what beats experience on the big day really.
Last time i checked it was a shield that got presented but you would no better wouldnt ya becuse you are from the league...
Who doesnt like the story of an underdog, everyone wants to see the silver spoon team get knocked of dont they..
I'd say that Julian Kelly would be having a massive one as he is the master mind behind the club and his shearin team might have a week of..
Lol mate can you tell me how many flags the pies have won??
I wouldnt say finishing 3rd in the regular season and dropping out early is a long year...

Shield or Cup is it really relavant as he lifted it above his head as the premiership coach of 2007??

No i don't know everything about the league but have followed this site from day dot and was going to join the Hillston a few yrs ago under Adrian Pavese who im also mates with but took a job based in Mildura.

Julian Kelly is a big part of Hillston FC and would be a very proud man as would quite a few others.

Not sure what magpies you are talking about?

No finishing 3rd is not dropping out early but in a league of not many that is still a fair way off where Hillston was this year.

Argus will coach again next year and will have the same team apart from a couple and will recruit at will as he had others wanting to be there but could only have so many players when you have only one senior side.

Just spoke to Argus an hour ago and they still all have a can in their hands sitting around a fire soaking in their first flag.:thumbsu:

Can you tell me who won the B&F in the league & leading goalkicker?
Was it Matt Bunn (B&F) & Gary Argus (Goalkicking)?

Is the big oath on line still? Would like to know how the Lake boys are going and whether he was there to see the game.

Goose...................:D

:thumbsu:

Shield or Cup is it really relavant as he lifted it above his head as the premiership coach of 2007??

No i don't know everything about the league but have followed this site from day dot and was going to join the Hillston a few yrs ago under Adrian Pavese who im also mates with but took a job based in Mildura.

Julian Kelly is a big part of Hillston FC and would be a very proud man as would quite a few others.

Not sure what magpies you are talking about?

No finishing 3rd is not dropping out early but in a league of not many that is still a fair way off where Hillston was this year.

Argus will coach again next year and will have the same team apart from a couple and will recruit at will as he had others wanting to be there but could only have so many players when you have only one senior side.

Just spoke to Argus an hour ago and they still all have a can in their hands sitting around a fire soaking in their first flag.:thumbsu:

Can you tell me who won the B&F in the league & leading goalkicker?
Was it Matt Bunn (B&F) & Gary Argus (Goalkicking)?

Is the big oath on line still? Would like to know how the Lake boys are going and whether he was there to see the game.

Goose...................:D

Lol fair enough then mate just though u woulda known that...

Sounds like u missed out on winning the big 1 rig, unlucky..

Yer Julian has been the man behind it all for the club and im sure alot of people there are thanking him for his tireless work..

So Gus has confirmed that he will lead the boys again? from the line or in the action... In regards the blokes that will peel 1st year players Arnold,Bunn,Merrils are they gunna stay. Club will have to give Murphy brothers even more money as they would be recieving big offers from around as they have had a great year again and they played well in the rep game in wagga...

If the club wants to pack more blokes in what are the under 17's boys going to do that are coming up into the 1s gunna do...

Gus would still be loving it, what does the bloke do for a living...

Your boy bunn was up their in the top 5 but Brendon Murphy took it out again by 1 point over dan bendall who is very unlucky not to hav a hand on it i might say.. Big wes from lake beat gus by a bag full, Thats blokes 1 it for years 'wats news'.

Yer mate its all bout hilly, we could only dominate them for 2 quaters out of 8 so that makes them 4 times better than us this season...

Ungarie magpies mate do you know them....

Wasnt at they game but from my sources, Hilly got the jump on lake and where never headed in what was a plasid game..

Over $6,000 on the gate which is good as the league was on and some people were able to walk in from the school gate...

Goose,
Mate i could not be much further away being here in the top end,
last time i saw a game down that way was in 2004, and i watched a lot that day from CHF in a beaten GF side.
Good luck to gus ,but mate bloody burky getting a medal i could do without.
Actually mate the last time i played hillston, had the job of tagging Gus, you should have seen the 2 old dinosaurs running around .
Will congratulate big Wes on another Sanson trophy (leading Goalkicker)
and they still bag him at lake
and I did see a pic on the herald sun picture desk of one of the murphy boys picking up the league B&F from Neale Daniher
cheers goose

Goose,
Mate i could not be much further away being here in the top end,
last time i saw a game down that way was in 2004, and i watched a lot that day from CHF in a beaten GF side.
Good luck to gus ,but mate bloody burky getting a medal i could do without.
Actually mate the last time i played hillston, had the job of tagging Gus, you should have seen the 2 old dinosaurs running around .
Will congratulate big Wes on another Sanson trophy (leading Goalkicker)
and they still bag him at lake
and I did see a pic on the herald sun picture desk of one of the murphy boys picking up the league B&F from Neale Daniher
cheers goose

Did not know your were up the top end. Was in Darwin in June if i had known that i would have caught up for a beer. What you doin up there married yet?? Have you heard from the Joker lately?
Played in a couple of losing ones myself so no what its like.
Gus is a legend and deserves what he gets but agree on the the burkey comment. Had only a couple of Griffith guys play with him but had a few others from elsewhere that i do not know much about. Billy May won BOG medal.

seems this thread is dead til next may. any word on whether this years coaches will be staying around for next year?

seems this thread is dead til next may. any word on whether this years coaches will be staying around for next year?

yer shes gone dry jst like the land around hear, not much to look foward to since footys finised no headers and a dry cricket ground....

Pies had their footy trip on the w.e down to melbourne to watch the footy n so, no news on whos gunna coach next year, clubs got a bit of money and will have to use it 5-6 players wont be their next year so will be out for possibely a coach n some handy players...

any from around the area hear any news from the wash-up of the 07 season...

Hey Goose,
You still there mate,sorry it took me so long to get back to ya,
cant believe you were in darwin and i missed ya,its only a small place and you pretty much run into everyone.Even ran into alan wallet at Darwin Cup in 06 and a heap of leeton boys,
so whats been going on , you coming back this way???
the big oaf!!!

Can you believe nathan sanson is getting married on saturday. Has anyone slapped him behind the ear and told him its AFL grand final day. There are 365 days in a year and he picks the one day on the calendar worth anything. I know its the long weekend and that makes it easier and all that but i'm still not impressed.
I'm thinking bout not attending the ceremony as a silent protest. I'll be at the reception though. Cheers Harry!!!!

Wot do you think 21goals4?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Goose,
You still there mate,sorry it took me so long to get back to ya,
cant believe you were in darwin and i missed ya,its only a small place and you pretty much run into everyone.Even ran into alan wallet at Darwin Cup in 06 and a heap of leeton boys,
so whats been going on , you coming back this way???
the big oaf!!!

Hey Oaf,
Old empty wallet he would be good value to run into!! Leeton boys well if ya missed them it would not be a drama i would say.
Up there once every 12 mths on a fishing trip for work.
I run a promotion and take a couple up for a week and feed them plenty of seafood & piss.
Not much luck this year as picked the coldest day in history apparently so fish were scarce.
Living still in Mildura married again with another little one. Got kids from Griffith coming this weekend for the school holidays so should be good.
Alls well mate what about you? Married with kids? Single and loving it?:D
Good to hear from will talk again.:thumbsu:
The Goose.....................

Can you believe nathan sanson is getting married on saturday. Has anyone slapped him behind the ear and told him its AFL grand final day. There are 365 days in a year and he picks the one day on the calendar worth anything. I know its the long weekend and that makes it easier and all that but i'm still not impressed.
I'm thinking bout not attending the ceremony as a silent protest. I'll be at the reception though. Cheers Harry!!!!

Glad i'm not alone,a mate of mine-Taswegian of all things-is getting married on satday,like you sadi, of all 365 days he picks the big one.Piss weak,as our pub is putting a good chunk of cash on the bar for us.Spewing. On a side note, can anyone on here keep me up-to-date on the Temora 15s when it rolls around??Am keen to bring the boys out next year, and finally Koop and i can sort out this Jets v Pies pre-season Version 2.

Well mate if you attended the wedding you will know, that not only did i miss the Grand final but had to work all afternoon, capturing there special day!!!
Spewing because i was going to back steve johnson for the norm smith, and last time i checked sportsbet he was at 26 dollars

Well mate if you attended the wedding you will know, that not only did i miss the Grand final but had to work all afternoon, capturing there special day!!!
Spewing because i was going to back steve johnson for the norm smith, and last time i checked sportsbet he was at 26 dollars

yeh ya shoulda come to the royal mate, second half went off!

Anyone herd and news on the league regarding clubs and player movements......

AGM was held on the w.e havnt herd much out off it....

Wagga Tigers Coaching Positions 2008 Season
[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The Wagga Tigers Football Club [FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]seeks expressions of interest for coaching for season 2008 in the following grades:[/FONT][/FONT]
  • [FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]First Grade (RFL) - Playing or Non Playing[/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]New players are also very welcome. Please contact the club if you would like information regarding lifestyle, employment or accommodation details.[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The club has a strong tradition and is a premier club in the RFL competition. It offers excellent facilities, a strong Committee and a region offering a great lifestyle with many employment opportunities.[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Wagga Tigers has a very strong junior base and we are looking to build on an excellent 2007 with the First Grade being premiers.[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Applications for the coaching job and any players that are interested in playing please email me at[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Email: tom@jupitermotors.com.au[/FONT]

I asked for playin coming into the league not players getn nabbed from the league sunshine.. got some key advice for you, players over here like to play infront of crowds and hav passionte supporters base somethings tigers may struggle with...

I asked for playin coming into the league not players getn nabbed from the league sunshine.. got some key advice for you, players over here like to play infront of crowds and hav passionte supporters base somethings tigers may struggle with...

Too true Koop Tigers have a great record of "recruiting " youngsters from other clubs on the promise of playing for an elite club and being noticed but never want to give anything back or send any of their past it players back to help out. Any of you northern riverina boys are more than welcome in farrer league as you all seem to fit right in on and off the field.

Too true Koop Tigers have a great record of "recruiting " youngsters from other clubs on the promise of playing for an elite club and being noticed but never want to give anything back or send any of their past it players back to help out. Any of you northern riverina boys are more than welcome in farrer league as you all seem to fit right in on and off the field.

lol to rite you have as much chance n e where else as the afl setup incorportates all clubs at junior level....hav played 2 years of 16s before was good experience but playn 1st grade out here is miles above playn 16s or 18s...yer mate half of ya league could join ours if ya like lol, got atmosphere around the clubs out here n such...

Having spent a bit of time around your club Young Koopie before you were old enough to speak up for yourself, I think you are actually talking a fair bit of crap. There are plenty of clubs in both the RFL and FFL that have plenty of spirit and play in front of the generous sized crowds you speak of.

lol to rite you have as much chance n e where else as the afl setup incorportates all clubs at junior level....hav played 2 years of 16s before was good experience but playn 1st grade out here is miles above playn 16s or 18s...yer mate half of ya league could join ours if ya like lol, got atmosphere around the clubs out here n such...

You are using a computer not a mobile phone mate:mad:. I think you missed my point. Iwas talking about clubs taking youngsters and not being prepared to send older players back to help out. As for your last comment we could send some Farrer clubs up North however I dont think your blokes would like getting flogged every week.

Having spent a bit of time around your club Young Koopie before you were old enough to speak up for yourself, I think you are actually talking a fair bit of crap. There are plenty of clubs in both the RFL and FFL that have plenty of spirit and play in front of the generous sized crowds you speak of.

Bush i was refering to the minority the wagger tigers and turvey...i agree that clubs in rfl have equal or propably better than nrfl...one of the games i watched this year at maher oval coolamon was the away side and still ouweighed supporters...
Were are ya now bush..

You are using a computer not a mobile phone mate:mad:. I think you missed my point. Iwas talking about clubs taking youngsters and not being prepared to send older players back to help out. As for your last comment we could send some Farrer clubs up North however I dont think your blokes would like getting flogged every week.

yer its a blog not a essay....didnt i talk about the 16s and 18s...having watch one of the finals there isnt that much difference but use definately have the better...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back