Game Day Nothing better than a Saturday arvo 8 pointer - Bulldogs v Port @1:45 in a crucial game

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heading to the game today, how nice it’s a day game in good weather for a change. Pretty windy though, so could be factor.
Jones and Cody out hurt, but still think we have the better team overall.
Play our best, we win. Should be a good game, as Port and dogs tend to be.

Feeling pretty nervous about this one. When we lost Jones last year it really killed us. He is the rock that holds our defence together. And Cody is our most reliable goal kicker.

So it will be tough for sure. We need to play like we did against Freo and hopefully we blew out the cobwebs last week.

It’s been a week from hell for me, injured my knee and unable to walk. Finally had surgery yesterday and hopefully recovering. I will be watching from the couch. Would be great to see the Doggies win this one and push into the top 8. We don’t have many chances for slip ups. Damn that game against Hawthorn has cost us. But we now need to make up for it by winning both games in Adelaide.

Go Dogs!!

Amazing what the loss of just player can do to the look of a team. The backline looks creaky if both Coffield and Khamis play. Also, heavy reliance on Lobb maintaining recent form as a KPD. Finlayson and Marshall are no world beaters but they will still need to be contained and not allowed to be given space. Could be a tough afternoon for the defense if our flankers and mids don't provide a lot of support.
Best course of action: keep it out of their forward half.

I fear that Jones out of our backline and Cody not providing his usual forward excitement may be our downfall. Horn-Toad worries me.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought it would be a bit wet?
Is it heavy underfoot? Our tall side is either a stroke of genius or idiocy.

Really expected Khamis to be the sub. Think I’ve been the only one.

Defensive matchups will be interesting, no real obvious options. Got a fair bit of intercept threat if we have a lot of pressure on the ball. Not sure how we’ll hold up if there isn’t.
Where do you think Buku plays?

Buku named FWD? Do you expect that to continue during the game or could even odonnel go fwd?

Surely he’ll be playing back unless they send Darcy back which seems crazy to me. Would think Naughton, Ugle-Hagan and Darcy are forward and Lobb, O’Donnell and Khamis are back.

Gamble responsibly.

Really expected Khamis to be the sub. Think I’ve been the only one.

Defensive matchups will be interesting, no real obvious options. Got a fair bit of intercept threat if we have a lot of pressure on the ball. Not sure how we’ll hold up if there isn’t.
Sends a strange message. Freijah seemed to have been getting better week by week. Do MC think he's not doing enough? Or are they just giving his 18yo body a bit of a break?

I had assumed Khamis would be sub too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back