Now for the delistings...

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do people keep bringing up guys like Jacobs, Osborne and Clarke. They have all fully recovered from their injuries and operations and will commence full training when pre-season starts in a couple of weeks. They are clearly not going to get delisted and will be important players for us in 2008.

Vanders, Dickson and Smith retired.
Thurgood will go.
Little likely to go.
Murphy should skip a delisting this year, so 2008 will be huge for him.
Dawson 100% for 2008 but needs to show he can play or he will be gone.
Every other senior player not mentioned will be playing at Hawthorn in 2008.

Would love to see more of rookies Gibson and McEntee at Hawthorn, both could be good players, but whether we re-rookie them will be another matter as we may not have space to promote them to the senior list depending on what we want in the national and pre-season drafts. My bet is we are looking pick up a player from the PSD, with a number of options, age 23 or under. Suckling and Collins may be unlucky as they both had injuries this year and must be unlikely to be given another chance.

I reckon Thurgood, Little, Murphy will all probably go. And as with last year they will continue to train with us with the real possibility of being redrafted. Im sure there is at least a few young fellas on the radar for our third pick. But we will not want to limit the possibility of picking a fourth if someone we like falls through by not having space.

When is the date of rookie elevation? I take it that it is prior to the National Draft.

If Thurgood doesn't get delisted the club is a '****ing embarrassment! He is literally the worst player on our list and probably would struggle to get a game at the reserves of Geelong for example. I'll spew up if he doesn't get delisted becuase pick 175 in the draft would be a far better player than that slug!
Bit harsh, but seriously.

Look mate, no need for this sort of vitriol. Thurgood's only a kid and if he is de-listed fair enough. But let him leave with his dignity intact, as far as I know he has shown no disloyalty to HFC.

I

When is the date of rookie elevation? I take it that it is prior to the National Draft.

Correct

Details are: Wednesday Oct 31 (2pm) NEXT MAJOR EVENT
List Lodgement One, including rookie promotions, retained second year rookies and father / son selections

We have to get down to a list of 35 senior players. If we promote McEntee which I and others expect 2 more players have to go.

We also find out if Collins, Suckling and or Gibson are retained as 2nd year rookies. imho Collins and Gibson should go again.

To: Ant V. How many AFL games have you played?

Chris Pelchin has stated the Thurgood and Little are gone. McEntee to be elevated. There might be more to go but they are guaranteed.

Your almost certainly right but Pelchin has only stated that their were two / possibly three to delist. Nowhere has he named names yet. One would hope that Thurgood and Little already know what's happening. If not it would be pretty poor in my book!

Your almost certainly right but Pelchin has only stated that their were two / possibly three to delist. Nowhere has he named names yet. One would hope that Thurgood and Little already know what's happening. If not it would be pretty poor in my book!

We missed the opportunity to do a Richmond and have someone thank them at the PCM before the announcement was made. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My Prediction - Little and Thurgood to be delisted. McEntee elevated. The other rookies given the flick - If one survives it would be Collins.

Kudos to Bootsie16 for his clear explanations - people either didn't know or didn't understand the list numbers.

From the Box Hill site....

Second Runner Up was recently delisted Hawthorn player Josh Thurgood on 61 votes who only played in 14 matches for the year. More suprising was the fact that Thurgood polled 49 of his 61 votes in the last four matches alone where he was either best or second best afield in each match.

http://www.boxhillhawks.com.au/news-read.aspx?NewsId=304

Those votes from the Box Hill's Col Austen Trophy say a few things.YES, that seems to be the first of any kind of official confirmation of many peoples' prediction about Josh's demise. A big endorsement of Nick Smith as a HAWTHORN defence option. He did not only carry the BH defence, albeit with great assistance from JT, and Zac, but then he was in the ruck on many occasions and kicked some goals as a fwd option too. The glaring and for me surprising thing is the missing name of Thomas Murphy. The poor scoring of Matty Little. The very PROMISING performance of Travis Tuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The much beloved Captain. GEEZ, I wish he could kick. With all the kicking craftsmen we have within the HAWTHORN/BOX HILL fraternity, it continues to stun me how an individual can be left languishing in the basic skill that defines and names our great game...."FOOTBALL". Otherwise, like Richie, Kristan Height is the heart of the team, thoroughly inspirational.

Remove this Banner Ad

Now for the delistings...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back