Game Day Now I'm feeling confident

Remove this Banner Ad

Good luck from a Geelong supporter!
Since we are playing drugthorn I know you are serious. So thank you kind sir :thumbsu:. You do realise though, if we beat them we won't have the joys of seeing you guys break their heart one more time ala Tom hawkins earlier in the year!

You do realise though, if we beat them we won't have the joys of seeing you guys break their heart one more time ala Tom hawkins earlier in the year!

In all seriousness - and I've said this on the main board and the Geelong board - I am still extremely worried about Collingwood this season. In paritcular, you remind me of Geelong 2009. We were brilliant in the first half of the season but dropped right off late in the season, losing a couple of games we wouldn't have expected to and had some key players injured/out of form. As soon as the qualifying final rolled around, it was like we flicked a switch and the rest is history. I am definitely expecting Collingwood to play as tough and fierce as it has all season tonight. And if Cloke, Pendlebury, Swan, Thomas, Jolly etc all fire - look out Hawthorn.

Quietly* confident. My confidence at work is scaring a few dawks supporters. I politely remind them about our last encounter in finals and how we've timed out run quite well. They then shat bricks (Gee they were cocky!)
Oh, & Walls can eat a bowlfull of big black cox.

(*So quiet about it that I'm posting on a forum for hundreds of people to read)

Since we are playing drugthorn I know you are serious. So thank you kind sir :thumbsu:. You do realise though, if we beat them we won't have the joys of seeing you guys break their heart one more time ala Tom hawkins earlier in the year!

Yep totally.

That sequence of emotions on Tom Hawkins' face is my ( non Collingwood ) highlight of the year so far.

Absolute gold :)

In all seriousness - and I've said this on the main board and the Geelong board - I am still extremely worried about Collingwood this season. In paritcular, you remind me of Geelong 2009. We were brilliant in the first half of the season but dropped right off late in the season, losing a couple of games we wouldn't have expected to and had some key players injured/out of form. As soon as the qualifying final rolled around, it was like we flicked a switch and the rest is history. I am definitely expecting Collingwood to play as tough and fierce as it has all season tonight. And if Cloke, Pendlebury, Swan, Thomas, Jolly etc all fire - look out Hawthorn.

Hope you're right, but I reckon it's more wishful thinking.

While 09 was arguably the 'worst' of your 3 premiership seasons, you weren't as bad as we have been this year.

You can't turn around 23 weeks of average form in 1 week. Hell, even 2. Doesn't work that way.

While 09 was arguably the 'worst' of your 3 premiership seasons, you weren't as bad as we have been this year.

You can't turn around 23 weeks of average form in 1 week. Hell, even 2. Doesn't work that way.

We haven't had 23 weeks of average form. We beat the puss-cats twice. We've beaten Sydney, West Coast and Adelaide. We've had more of a rollercoaster than anything else. And it feels like we're juuuuuuust at the top of the fastest and most exhilarating part of this year's ride. Hang on folks!

Haven't been this excited for a long time, even more than the entire finals series last year. Maybe because we are underdogs, who knows, there is just a different feel about tonight.

All I've got to say is form is thrown out the moment both teams step foot on the 'G tonight, it's 22 vs 22, and I'd back our 22 in any September day.

Carn the Woods!

I'm tipping Hawthorn by a strong 50 points and I expect them to dictate terms and force an outside style game which we won't have the skills to match.

We're too tall. Brown shouldn't be playing (matchups v Hawthorn don't suit him) and I'd probably leave Dawes out and just go small leaving Cloke with the forwardline. Have extras on the ball and behind the play so it's a completely inside, stoppage based game with no outside ball and extras behind the ball so that when Hawthorn do get it off a turnover they have nothing to kick to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need I remind you that you tipped Adelaide to beat us by about 80 points earlier this year, and we held them to 6 goals for the entire game?

I'm tipping Hawthorn by a strong 50 points and I expect them to dictate terms and force an outside style game which we won't have the skills to match.

We're too tall. Brown shouldn't be playing (matchups v Hawthorn don't suit him) and I'd probably leave Dawes out and just go small leaving Cloke with the forwardline. Have extras on the ball and behind the play so it's a completely inside, stoppage based game with no outside ball and extras behind the ball so that when Hawthorn do get it off a turnover they have nothing to kick to.

Well the Hawks has been your Tip all seasons

" ... and you can question the motives of Brownlow medalist Dane Swan"

Walls makes it sound like Swanny is working for the enemy! Either that or he just killed Professor Plum in the conservatory using a wrench.. Dane Swan- the Fifth Column?

Poor guy.. first he gets called fat, now he's being slandered as a Trojan horse- can't win.

Oh and Dave, I do love you passion but please don't lose the plot if we don't win. To be honest, I still fancy our chances next week and possibly the week after.

Relax and keep the faith. And don't start any negative threads. Pies have given you plenty to be grateful for.

Yeah if you can't hold on from losing your shit it'd be appreciated by all of us.

Well the Hawks has been your Tip all seasons

In the preseason I also liked Carlton but I don't like the way Hawthorn match up against us and the style of play we continue to play against them just doesn't work (and I don't see it changing - I expect another high scoring, open game which will work into Hawthorn's hands).

In the preseason I also liked Carlton but I don't like the way Hawthorn match up against us and the style of play we continue to play against them just doesn't work (and I don't see it changing - I expect another high scoring, open game which will work into Hawthorn's hands).
You are a good guy with a wealth of knowledge, but your post belongs in the other thread, cause this is the "Now I'm feeling confident thread".

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Now I'm feeling confident

Remove this Banner Ad

Back