NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Yet if the victim was Cameron Smith, then the only people defending the Boronia player would be those from Boronia.

Trying to compare AFL suspensions to local leagues is just laughable, don’t think the EFL offers a $100 fine for first 2-3 levels of offences.

But if some people think it wasn’t a cowardly act with no place on a football field, then maybe they’d be better off watching some boxing instead.

What I can't work out and what's at odds with the "king hit" sob story that Cloke and others are peddling is that he was also reported for the incident.

What actually happened?

Of course punches have no place on the footy field but there needs to be some context around what actually happened before the "cowardly" "king hit" calls are made and the reputation of a league is sullied - a league that unlike some others does certainly not appear to have a violence problem.

What I can't work out and what's at odds with the "king hit" sob story that Cloke and others are peddling is that he was also reported for the incident.

What actually happened?

Of course punches have no place on the footy field but there needs to be some context around what actually happened before the "cowardly" "king hit" calls are made and the reputation of a league is sullied - a league that unlike some others does certainly not appear to have a violence problem.
I am not sure what happened on the day but I go back to the game at The Basin where he ran around and continually tried to hit and intimidate young players. His behaviour on the day was pathetic And if they had more senior/ experienced players I am sure someone would have stood up for their teammates.

He is no angel and needs to stop playing the victim. He didn’t get a broken jaw despite all the claims. This sort of reporting isn’t uncommon in the Cloke family with the boy who cried wolf approach.

Whilst violence isn’t condoned sometimes what goes around comes around unfortunately. More experienced fellows find a way to do it in a more discreet manner.

What actually happened?

Well the footage seems to clearly show him get whacked by someone he’s not looking at. Plus he is yet to be found guilty of anything, unlike his opponent who couldn’t accept his light penalty quick enough.

Well the footage seems to clearly show him get whacked by someone he’s not looking at. Plus he is yet to be found guilty of anything, unlike his opponent who couldn’t accept his light penalty quick enough.

So what actually happened?

Why was he reported?

He and others have claimed it was a “king hit”.

It’s been made to sound like he was just standing there and somebody ran up behind him and belted him.

So what actually happened?

Why was he reported?

He and others have claimed it was a “king hit”.

It’s been made to sound like he was just standing there and somebody ran up behind him and belted him.

Well the footage is more in line with his version than yours.

What happened first, who knows? If the EFL tribunal ever sits maybe we’ll find out. From the footage maybe he gave him a little rib tickler, which usually doesn’t result in a bloke hitting you in the head when you’re not looking.

Well the footage is more in line with his version than yours.

What happened first, who knows? If the EFL tribunal ever sits maybe we’ll find out. From the footage maybe he gave him a little rib tickler, which usually doesn’t result in a bloke hitting you in the head when you’re not looking.

A little rib tickler

Ok

Reckon he absolutely was looking at him, btw. He just didn’t see the punch coming.

probably shouldn’t be talking to the media until his case has been heard. It’s a bit much to be publicly commenting on violence in the sport when you have a charge hanging over your own head.

I wonder what Talia did to be charged with 22.2.2 (cc) engaging in any other act of misconduct or serious misconduct?
Can't be any of the usual stuff.

Cloke cleared At tribunal.
Makes you wonder if the tribunal takes into account whether the person you are charged with striking is also reported or if they are innocent when they determine the set penalty. At the moment it looks like it makes no difference whether you are assaulted without warning or you have struck someone during a fight and they have retaliated. It seems to me that one is far more serious than the other and you would think that any suspension would reflect that. How can you make a fair ruling, without knowing the verdict for the other person involved. Maybe the MRO needs a review?

Makes you wonder if the tribunal takes into account whether the person you are charged with striking is also reported or if they are innocent when they determine the set penalty. At the moment it looks like it makes no difference whether you are assaulted without warning or you have struck someone during a fight and they have retaliated. It seems to me that one is far more serious than the other and you would think that any suspension would reflect that. How can you make a fair ruling, without knowing the verdict for the other person involved. Maybe the MRO needs a review?
Looking at the full footage that has been released. Cloke did nothing. Should have been 16 weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone posted it on social media and i just clicked on the link. It's on a guys instagram page named Swoopluke.

It actually looked all amicable, with all players shaking hands before the game. Not sure what got into his head to do that.
Thanks. No provocation -- if that even makes a difference. That President's statement implying fault on both sides:

"I wanted to write to you all to address an incident on Saturday during our senior game, between our captain Harry Burgess and Templestowe's Cameron Cloke. As a result of this incident, both players have been offered penalties for the reported conduct."

looks a bit odd now...but I guess they accept what their captain tells them at face value

The footage is the same footage that’s already been released.

There’s a claim in the comments that Burgess was punched in the back of the head and retaliated.

You really can’t tell, they’re obscured.

I’m sure something happened. For a player who has never been reported in his life to just run past somebody and turn around and whack them for absolutely no reason… I don’t buy it.

Of course, doesn’t mean the reaction wasn’t totally out of proportion and not deserving of the 8 week ban.

Max Otten a great mid season recruit for Donvale from Blackburn. Kicked 10 goals in the Blackburn 2s a couple of weeks ago, not sure whats happened there.

The footage is the same footage that’s already been released.

There’s a claim in the comments that Burgess was punched in the back of the head and retaliated.

You really can’t tell, they’re obscured.

I’m sure something happened. For a player who has never been reported in his life to just run past somebody and turn around and whack them for absolutely no reason… I don’t buy it.

Of course, doesn’t mean the reaction wasn’t totally out of proportion and not deserving of the 8 week ban.
Yeh he was cleared of any strike, his case was thrown out. As all parties agreed it was an arm chop, which happens 100 times a game. Unfortunately the the player who's hit Cloke has just snapped and made a big mistake. It happens sometimes and hopefully he learns.

Whole incident seems a bit weird

An arm chop followed by a punch to the face before the game had even started ?

I ventured out last night to watch the U14 interleague, bloody good setup down at RSEA park

Remove this Banner Ad

NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Back