NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

where are the big stories from the weekend?

Think East Ringwood would be pretty disappointed to drop out, season promised a fair bit for a long time. Still, a very good season first-up.

South Belgrave are a funny one, for an undefeated side they don’t seem to really smash teams, but just keep winning.

Boronia look to have little competition in D2. Waverley Blues seemed to start the season very well but then fell away with some very poor results later and two smashings in the finals for a straight sets exit. Maybe they got some injuries or maybe they were worked out.

Forget 16 weeks, if he’s found guilty of striking an umpire then he’s gone for many years.

But hard to know exactly what “striking” or attempting to strike means without having seen it… could be something like the old making contact with an umpire, doesn’t necessarily mean he’s belted him, which would be the worst case.
He was offered 20 weeks and elected to take it to the tribunal. I don't think he struck an ump, as such

where are the big stories from the weekend?

Went out to watch Surrey Park V Scoresby at East Ringwood. No sausages at he BBQ. Asked the lovely lady where the snags were, and she told me they dont do sausages at East Ringwood only kranskys. Stuffed if im paying $9 a pop for a fancy kransky for 3 kids. The burger was delicious however.

On the game, Surrey looked much better than Scoresby but struggled to shake them until midway through the last. Some of Surreys kids look great but boy do they whinge. Especially at their own team mates.

That Scoresby team was the worst looking side physically, I've ever seen playing finals in my life. Kudos to the coach who is obviously getting every ounce out of that team. But i said this years ago, and nothing has changed there, their supporters are the worst group in a long time. Constantly calling opposition players and umpires c*nts all game. Its not even young drunk under 19s, they dont even have 19s, its grown adult men. Absolute trash.

Went out to watch Surrey Park V Scoresby at East Ringwood. No sausages at he BBQ. Asked the lovely lady where the snags were, and she told me they dont do sausages at East Ringwood only kranskys. Stuffed if im paying $9 a pop for a fancy kransky for 3 kids. The burger was delicious however.

On the game, Surrey looked much better than Scoresby but struggled to shake them until midway through the last. Some of Surreys kids look great but boy do they whinge. Especially at their own team mates.

That Scoresby team was the worst looking side physically, I've ever seen playing finals in my life. Kudos to the coach who is obviously getting every ounce out of that team. But i said this years ago, and nothing has changed there, their supporters are the worst group in a long time. Constantly calling opposition players and umpires c*nts all game. Its not even young drunk under 19s, they dont even have 19s, its grown adult men. Absolute trash.
I wish I could say they're the worst supporters. They aren't.

Kids take a while to adjust to Senior footy. Standards are different in Juniors, where 'good' kids get a lot more leeway, usually.

Surrey's Under 19s are walking to the flag in Division 2 as well. If they can keep their players then they might be a club going somewhere.

Now time for the council to give them a decent oval, it's a cow paddock!

Surrey's Under 19s are walking to the flag in Division 2 as well. If they can keep their players then they might be a club going somewhere.

The ground would be fine if Council would fix the drains and put some top soil back on it

Mate’s nephew is captain of the 19s (injured though now i think) apparently it was player driven they all wanted to stay together post their juniors. Good outcome for surrey as is their coach who may lure some premier fringe players from
Blacky - there seems to be a bit of a pipeline between the 2 clubs

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club should be asking for that to be done at the same time the lower ground is resurfaced.
Whitehorse Council do 1 ground a year,Vermont,s turn this year,hopefully Surrey Park next year.Goal posts to be pulled out at the MCG of the East Walker Pork over the summer months.The net at the northern end attracts to much traffic even in the summer months and needs to be rested.Vermont also have their goal posts pulled out and hopefully all other Whitehorse grounds as well like most other councils do over the summer months.

Whitehorse Council do 1 ground a year,Vermont,s turn this year,hopefully Surrey Park next year.Goal posts to be pulled out at the MCG of the East Walker Pork over the summer months.The net at the northern end attracts to much traffic even in the summer months and needs to be rested.Vermont also have their goal posts pulled out and hopefully all other Whitehorse grounds as well like most other councils do over the summer months.
Surrey's goalposts haven't come down for more than ten years, and the club has been asking Council to fix the ground for at least ten years. CoW sent a guy to fix the drains 7 or 8 years ago and were told then that the drains had collapsed. Drainage was replaced in 2007 or 2008.

The club should be asking for that to be done at the same time the lower ground is resurfaced.
There isn't a ground there. That was lost when the Baseball field went in. It's open space and I expect it's LXRP who'll repatriate it

As usual, Blackburn will swoop and take a lot of their under 19s. It explains why Surrey Park always have strong under 19s, however their seniors have always been in 4th division.

Not guilty guys .6 weeks for abusive language .I know we are struggling for umpires and abusing an umpire is out of bounds but these guys had no control .we move on enjoy the finals
Umpires need to really reassess their charging methods. It can really damage reputations. There have been way too many reports this year that have been thrown out or found not guilty. Some umpires must have nothing to do on a Tuesday night.

To have a person charged with striking an umpire and attempting to strike another umpire, and have those charges found not guilty is pretty ordinary. Pretty ordinary for the umpires involved. Who is advising these people?

The lower ground is being resurfaced after the end of November.

As usual, Blackburn will swoop and take a lot of their under 19s. It explains why Surrey Park always have strong under 19s, however their seniors have always been in 4th division.

Let me guess, come and test yourself "at a higher level"... ie play Premier reserves, where every second week you'll be facing a team with 17 players that scores 1.4 for the entire game.

Umpires need to really reassess their charging methods. It can really damage reputations. There have been way too many reports this year that have been thrown out or found not guilty. Some umpires must have nothing to do on a Tuesday night.

To have a person charged with striking an umpire and attempting to strike another umpire, and have those charges found not guilty is pretty ordinary. Pretty ordinary for the umpires involved. Who is advising these people?
Getting paid crap doesn't mean you have to put up with crap. I suggest the EFNL need better prosecutors but alas they no doubt won't part with the cash.

I’d say it could be a case of there being few chargeable offences when it comes to umpires. To my knowledge there’s no “rough play” etc charges regarding umpires!

He’s been charged with striking an umpire, which makes you assume he punched an umpire. Without knowing the details I’m sure he didn’t, as he would’ve got years. Perhaps he’s made contact with the umpire in some less serious / forceful way and there isn’t really a charge for that, so they’ve charged him with striking, for which he is not guilty.

If so perhaps a “overt physical contact with umpire” charge is needed, if there’s isn’t already one. Obviously it’s serious, but it’s not striking.

I’d say it could be a case of there being few chargeable offences when it comes to umpires. To my knowledge there’s no “rough play” etc charges regarding umpires!

He’s been charged with striking an umpire, which makes you assume he punched an umpire. Without knowing the details I’m sure he didn’t, as he would’ve got years. Perhaps he’s made contact with the umpire in some less serious / forceful way and there isn’t really a charge for that, so they’ve charged him with striking, for which he is not guilty.

If so perhaps a “overt physical contact with umpire” charge is needed, if there’s isn’t already one. Obviously it’s serious, but it’s not striking.
This could be the case and in saying that if the Umpire felt threatened verbally or physically it's still assault.

Remove this Banner Ad

NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Back