NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

This is akin to saying it's pretty ordinary of sexual assault victims when the cops can't pull together enough evidence to bring up charges.

Really? What a horrible comparison.

He either made contact with an umpire and attempted to strike an umpire or he didn't. I have much more faith in the tribunal panel than the two umpires on the day. There would have been plenty of witnesses, unlike in many sexual assault cases.

Getting paid crap doesn't mean you have to put up with crap. I suggest the EFNL need better prosecutors but alas they no doubt won't part with the cash.

Getting paid crap doesn't mean there shouldn't be responsibility either. There has already been a witness on here that made it clear last week that it didn't happen. We need the truth, not better prosecutors. People need to leave their egos at home.

I’d say it could be a case of there being few chargeable offences when it comes to umpires. To my knowledge there’s no “rough play” etc charges regarding umpires!

He’s been charged with striking an umpire, which makes you assume he punched an umpire. Without knowing the details I’m sure he didn’t, as he would’ve got years. Perhaps he’s made contact with the umpire in some less serious / forceful way and there isn’t really a charge for that, so they’ve charged him with striking, for which he is not guilty.

If so perhaps a “overt physical contact with umpire” charge is needed, if there’s isn’t already one. Obviously it’s serious, but it’s not striking.
You can be charged with contacting an umpire. It can be graded as careless or deliberate. So again who is advising the umpires. They need to get it right.

Last edited:
The club should be asking for that to be done at the same time the lower ground is resurfaced.
If you are talking about Surrey Park and lower ground the cost of that will be not be paid by the Whitehorse Council as I have said they only do 1 ground a year,Vermont this year.Begs the question if you are talking about lower ground at Surrey Park I thought it was a baseball ground.Question does Surrey Park have a 2nd ground especially for juniors.

Last edited:
If you are talking about Surrey Park and lower ground the cost of that will be not be paid by the Whitehorse Council as I have said they only do 1 ground a year,Vermont this year.Begs the question if you are talking about lower ground at Surrey Park I thought it was a baseball ground..Question does Surrey Park have a 2nd ground especially for juniors.
there are two grounds at Surrey - the main oval, a little ground in front of Aqualink (ok up to about U11s) and juniors also play on Bennettswood (at Deakin)

I posted earlier that the lower area is no longer an oval since the baseball field was built, and it'll be repatriated by LXRP, not WCC

Another huge tribunal decision that was overshadowed by the debacle of the umpire striking case.

Kieran Gray - 2 weeks for striking - will miss the Div3 Grand Final. Huge loss for Ferntree Gully.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They'll be stronger next game with Mitchell Sruk back after playing for Box Hill in their losing final.
I notice that Zac Hanlen is playing for Vermont 2nds who lost by 2 points.
Come back Zac!
He's a chance to come back unless he's happy playing in the two's. EB is busy resigning a lot of players and I hear the new recruitment manager is very busy.

It's been discussed previously in this thread (Page 109). I haven't taken much notice until people I consider in the know have mentioned it to me.

Ok seems like two things… first they can’t field two sides… who would know that in September?

I reckon they’d be stupid to ask to drop an extra division, promoted and relegated sides show there’s not much difference between D1 and D2. If they battle in D1 they’ll battle just as much in D2.

Ok seems like two things… first they can’t field two sides… who would know that in September?

I reckon they’d be stupid to ask to drop an extra division, promoted and relegated sides show there’s not much difference between D1 and D2. If they battle in D1 they’ll battle just as much in D2.
I agree and in saying that I haven't heard about the players being an issue it's more about the finances. Mind you if you're struggling with $100k, your going to struggle with $70k.

Last edited:
I agree and in saying that I haven't heard about the players being an issue it's more about the finances. Mind you if you're struggling with $100k, your going to struggle with $70k.

Surely the sharks survive- as long as united continues to put fuel in tanks…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Back