NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s footage

I wouldn’t call it a king hit myself, but it doesn’t look great.
Far from a king hit and looks like there are a few arms being thrown around. Think the article is being overly dramatic.

On Cloke he likes to throw his weight around and play the enforcer. Watched him a few weeks ago at The Basin and he certainly tried his hardest at times to ruffle their young players whilst pleading for free kicks regularly. I wasn’t particularly impressed considering his background. With the amount of money Templestowe are allegedly paying him and that he is nearly 40, I don’t see him as a good investment. Templestowe won’t win a premiership with him in the team. Can hardly run or move either.

That bloke should get 8 or more weeks
Apparently was a fairly good spray and not a great reflection on a fellow that can coach and is usually relatively calm and reserved. Probably a result of how things are going at Knox, they are in deep trouble and wouldn’t surprise me if they go winless in 2023. They have fallen badly in recent times as they couldn’t keep up with the Joneses when competing in the old first division. It nearly sent them to the wall.

There’s footage

I wouldn’t call it a king hit myself, but it doesn’t look great.
Thanks for posting. Looks like an elbow but it probably doesn't really matter if Cloke does have a broken jaw, and doesn't play again, as a result of contact by a clearly identifiable player with his back to the ball

If (as you’d suspect) the accused gets a big suspension, interested to see how it’ll affect Boronia. They’re undefeated and surely eyeing off a flag. Having the captain outed for maybe around half the season would leave a big hole in any side.

Far from a king hit and looks like there are a few arms being thrown around. Think the article is being overly dramatic.

On Cloke he likes to throw his weight around and play the enforcer. Watched him a few weeks ago at The Basin and he certainly tried his hardest at times to ruffle their young players whilst pleading for free kicks regularly. I wasn’t particularly impressed considering his background. With the amount of money Templestowe are allegedly paying him and that he is nearly 40, I don’t see him as a good investment. Templestowe won’t win a premiership with him in the team. Can hardly run or move either.

Whether he’s doing much or not, pretty big call to say they couldn’t win a flag with him. They’re 4-2 with two narrow losses to top sides, clearly can mix it with most and should be there when the whips are cracking.

If (as you’d suspect) the accused gets a big suspension, interested to see how it’ll affect Boronia. They’re undefeated and surely eyeing off a flag. Having the captain outed for maybe around half the season would leave a big hole in any side.

Whether he’s doing much or not, pretty big call to say they couldn’t win a flag with him. They’re 4-2 with two narrow losses to top sides, clearly can mix it with most and should be there when the whips are cracking.
Don’t think it will affect Boronia too much on field. They are undefeated and on top and reserves also on top so will still be flag favourite with or without Harry. Don’t condone what happened but would hope the club would get around him and check that he is ok mentally. Some of the crap you read on social media is way over the top.

Statement from Boronia Hawks FNC this morning.

MESSAGE TO ALL BHFNC PLAYERS, MEMBERS, AND SUPPORTERS

I wanted to write to you all to address an incident on Saturday during our senior game, between our captain Harry Burgess and Templestowe's Cameron Cloke. As a result of this incident, both players have been offered penalties for the reported conduct.

The BHFNC has decided to accept the penalty offered to Harry.

As a club, we pride ourselves on teaching and playing the game with the right spirit and Harry has consistently demonstrated nothing other than commendable conduct throughout his playing career.

We extend our best wishes to Cameron Cloke and the Templestowe Football Club.

Greg Hannon
Senior Club President

Remove this Banner Ad

NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Back