Review Nowaynowaynowaynoway

Remove this Banner Ad

On Anzac Day in 1982 we scored a goal after the final siren to draw the game against Glenelg after we had given up a six goal lead at half time.

I can't remember who kicked it but I do remember it came from a pretty lucky free kick.

Somewhere on youtube there is video of it. After the goal goes through, there is a shot of Glenelg coach John Halbert on the boundary line shaking his head and in the background there is the 18 year old version of me jumping around, not for joy, but out of relief we didn't lose.

We lost a game to South at Adelaide Oval in 1984 on a goal after the siren after an errant short pass from Russell Ebert of all people.

They are the only two I can remember for Port in the SANFL. There was also a goal that Graham Cornes kicked after the siren in 1977 at the parade to win a game for Glenelg against Norwood. If I remember correctly, that game came the week after Port had beaten Norwood by 2 points in front of 23,000 people at Alberton Oval.
Was it Darren Harris who kicked the goal?

BT is so pro-Melbourne the umpires are listening.

I'm still getting over his comment that when you think of the NT you think of a road train.

Peter Mead in the 65 (?) Prelim to get us in the grand final. Famous for our feral supporters jumping the fence and crowding the players, stopping the defenders from being able to get a run at the ball and touching it before crossing the line (lol). Peter Mead's golden ball was on display in the club for years, not sure if it's in the museum now.

Ford Fairlane 1954 might have been amongst the culprits in the goal square
I was there in my usual spot on that terraced bit in front of the grandstand between the wing and the right half forward flank, but I could see much older blokes than me like Raptalia ;) had the situation well under control, so there was no need for me to get involved.

Was in the same year as Brenton at high school. Pretty handy footballer but surprised he got games at North.
I played footy with him at Reynella as a kid. I remember him being not very impressed with my skill level and lack of pace (fair - but I thought his sledging would have been better directed at opposition players)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that in the Lycett pre game fitness test footage Josh Carr is the one there talking to him... almost like he is the coach.

Mid field coach talking to the key ruck pre-game is not that surprising is it?
No, but it had nothing to do with midfield, it was to do with if he could play or not. You think the Head Coach might want to be a part of that discussion.

I was there in my usual spot on that terraced bit in front of the grandstand between the wing and the right half forward flank, but I could see much older blokes than me like Raptalia ;) had the situation well under control, so there was no need for me to get involved.
Ha!. You lot contributed zip. I was the lone cop at that end valiantly? trying? to hold back the invading hordes with Kerley politely suggesting it would be a good idea if the mob could be cleared.

Last edited:
Interesting that in the Lycett pre game fitness test footage Josh Carr is the one there talking to him... almost like he is the coach.
Interesting that the ruck is part of the midfield warm up and Carr is the midfield coach. You’re right, it’s fascinating. And why was Lobbe there? Almost like he’s the ruck coach.

He was one of travelling emergency where the plan was to rest Lycett next week.
He had told his folks the Visentini familiy may have to come to Adealide next week as he would debut against the Gold Coast.

With footy bloodlines, Dad is a physiotherapist and reputable name at Old Xaverians Football Club providing a source of knowledge and connection for Dante.
Hi mum, Angela, has the Richmond Football Club in her bloodline, as the daughter of Ian Hayden, who played 30 games for the Tigers in the early 1960s.

They have other kids playing in Melbourne; older sister, Siena, won the VAFA Division one Best and Fairest in 2019 as playing in the ruck for Old Brighton.
His younger brother Vigo 203 cms 97KGsi s an ex-volley baller in the Sandringham Dragons’ under 18’s program (where Ollie Lord also comes from).

And he is in this year draft.

Vigo is only 17 a little bit younger than most the other Rucks going around in the 18 comp.

By the time he's 21 he's probably about 205-207 cm and 110-115 kilos (4 pre-seasons)
A very intelligent and very good kid along with being a bigger version of Dante.

I'll keep selling him until the draft. Really want him here.

No, but it had nothing to do with midfield, it was to do with if he could play or not. You think the Head Coach might want to be a part of that discussion.

Interesting that the ruck is part of the midfield warm up and Carr is the midfield coach. You’re right, it’s fascinating. And why was Lobbe there? Almost like he’s the ruck coach.
Just to help you out knackers.

I'm sure he was- just not on camera.

Never been an AFL coach. But my guess is that the point of a highly paid coaching panel is that on game day the Head Coach has a competent team handling the various components of the team handling issues and structure leaving the Head Coach to deal with the big picture.

We have a very competent coaching panel this year with everyone knowing and doing their job is what I'm seeing. But I'm just guessing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Nowaynowaynowaynoway

Remove this Banner Ad

Back