Review Nowaynowaynowaynoway

Remove this Banner Ad

I would love for someone to generate some stats on how many times we've allowed the opposition to kick 2-3 late to pinch a lead, or bring a game that should've been locked up, close.

I enjoyed the game winner, although the need for the review didn't allow the real passion to just flow, but I can't help but be so disappointed when these leads are coughed up. 16 points up, with a shot to go 22. We miss then they bang on 3 in no time. It just shouldn't happen in those conditions.

Reminds me of a game at Marvel many years ago where Broadbent missed a shot to put us 4 up against Carlton, they proceed to bang on 3 in a hurry and pinch a sewn up game.

I reflect back on the Sydney win where we kept pushing ahead but letting them back in and ultimately letting them have a game winning shot.

The last time we played Essendon we also let them have a late sniff and late chance to level it.

The Showdown last year where we were over 3 goals up and let them get back, then Boak had the chance to seal it and then they go down the other end and a stupid moment from Mayes costs us the game.

The Motlop showdown when we had the game wrapped up but allowed 3 late goals to go behind before pulling out a fluke win.

Just feel like there's been so many of these instances. The best teams are far more ruthless, they don't stop like we do when we think we have it wrapped up. They step on the jugular.

Hey it's great we found a way to win despite having a shit house game, but I'm sorry the PTSD side of me that's watched our failures for 10 years struggles to just forget how broken we have been for a long time.

I would love for someone to generate some stats on how many times we've allowed the opposition to kick 2-3 late to pinch a lead, or bring a game that should've been locked up, close.

I enjoyed the game winner, although the need for the review didn't allow the real passion to just flow, but I can't help but be so disappointed when these leads are coughed up. 16 points up, with a shot to go 22. We miss then they bang on 3 in no time. It just shouldn't happen in those conditions.

Reminds me of a game at Marvel many years ago where Broadbent missed a shot to put us 4 up against Carlton, they proceed to bang on 3 in a hurry and pinch a sewn up game.

I reflect back on the Sydney win where we kept pushing ahead but letting them back in and ultimately letting them have a game winning shot.

The last time we played Essendon we also let them have a late sniff and late chance to level it.

The Showdown last year where we were over 3 goals up and let them get back, then Boak had the chance to seal it and then they go down the other end and a stupid moment from Mayes costs us the game.

The Motlop showdown when we had the game wrapped up but allowed 3 late goals to go behind before pulling out a fluke win.

Just feel like there's been so many of these instances. The best teams are far more ruthless, they don't stop like we do when we think we have it wrapped up. They step on the jugular.

Hey it's great we found a way to win despite having a s**t house game, but I'm sorry the PTSD side of me that's watched our failures for 10 years struggles to just forget how broken we have been for a long time.
Collingwood seem to do it a lot too, tbh.

Bonnet wasn’t the worst but is an easy target for the low brows. Next target for dumbasses is Marshall.
He was terrible. Half arsed chasing and soft as butter all night.

And I was one defending him and saying he was poorly treated earlier in the year.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Travis Boak's 8 disposals against the Bombers is the lowest possessions total ever in a game for him.
He had single figures, that is 9 possies, only once in his first ever game of AFL.
Lets crank it up Boaky.

Last edited:
He should be. But he won’t be. They’ll give his spot to an inside mid that wasn’t good enough to be AA inside mid.

He’d be the first defender picked at the moment. Hes had a shit tonne of press this year. Hes a lock

Bonner cruises around not wanting to get involved in defensive pressure when that is clearly something we are trying to make a feature in our game.

In particular, when the opposition overlaps, our players are sprinting off their man to pressure the ball (next man covers, and so on). Multiple times in defensive 50 last night Bonner wouldn’t leave first gear to do this.

Maybe he has specific instructions not to, but that would be odd, because it’s one of those all-in strategies where the weak link in the chain messes it all up. In basketball terms, he’s not making his help rotation.

He’d be the first defender picked at the moment. Hes had a s**t tonne of press this year. Hes a lock

Yeah, particularly after last night, he has a signature play to hang his hat on.

Reckon Aliir would be getting very close too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bonner cruises around not wanting to get involved in defensive pressure when that is clearly something we are trying to make a feature in our game.

In particular, when the opposition overlaps, our players are sprinting off their man to pressure the ball (next man covers, and so on). Multiple times in defensive 50 last night Bonner wouldn’t leave first gear to do this.

Maybe he has specific instructions not to, but that would be odd, because it’s one of those all-in strategies where the weak link in the chain messes it all up. In basketball terms, he’s not making his help rotation.
Yeah, definitely.

I noticed in the last quarter he laid a few tackles but I have a feeling the whole team got that rocket during the break.

Dan Houston after kicking the goal

burn-oh.gif

It's acceptable to lose your s**t when it's a 50m kick after the siren. That actually succeeding happens probably about once a decade. Some things call for going off your tit and that was one
I guarantee if it were Hudson calling it would have been something like "Houston we don't have a problem anymore" or some crappy iteration of that. I'm happy with commentators letting the actions on the field tell the story

People realise we've had the staggered byes for years and it's never been an issue?

It's purely a coincidence that a bunch of games were fixtured where the better team wasn't coming off the bye so they won.

There's nothing in it. Obviously there's nothing in it. Playing after 7 days or 14 days obviously makes no difference.
Ingore the shitty formatting as I didn't create but there is "something in it"

Its always a danger game

RDT_20230702_1355301571457931581841256.png

How soggy? Maybe Mckenzie pulled a dry footy out of the bag when Parish kicked a point 3 or 4 minutes earlier. Its not like the old days where you only used 2 footys, 1 at the start of the game and then its changed at half time.

estimate at least 5 pints soggy like my brain was at that moment

He was terrible. Half armed chasing and soft as butter all night.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I reckon Bonner & McEntee are only in the side because they are reluctant to change a winning team.
Forced changes for injuries may assist them to keep his spot; where Lycett and Charlie should be out this week.

Dare they, dare they slelect Hays this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Nowaynowaynowaynoway

Remove this Banner Ad

Back