NRL NRL 2024 - Grand Final Melbourne vs Penrith

Remove this Banner Ad

Hate tipping them but if I have to make a tip it's Penrith, their best is still the best and they have the best player and two of the top 3 (edwards the second) players in the game. I'll go Penrith by 4-6 points.

Hate tipping them but if I have to make a tip it's Penrith, their best is still the best and they have the best player and two of the top 3 (edwards the second) players in the game. I'll go Penrith by 4-6 points.

That’s a big call on Edwards. It’s debatable if he’s even in the best two fullbacks in the game.

Not that I don’t think you could make a good case for him in said debate, for what it’s worth - he’s exceptional.

That’s a big call on Edwards. It’s debatable if he’s even in the best two fullbacks in the game.

Not that I don’t think you could make a good case for him in said debate, for what it’s worth - he’s exceptional.

NSW changing FB’s was a huge reason they won this year, CC medal last year. Cleary is 1 by streets but Edwards would be in the top 5 at worst he’d be 3rd on my list only as I rate Hass that highly.

NSW changing FB’s was a huge reason they won this year, CC medal last year. Cleary is 1 by streets but Edwards would be in the top 5 at worst he’d be 3rd on my list only as I rate Hass that highly.

He didn’t win the CC medal last year, Cleary did, I think you mean the year before.

Tedesco actually had a huge year - like a genuinely huge year. I don’t know if the Blues would have won if he played games two and three or not but he has probably still been our best player in a season where only really Walker and Tupou could be relied on to turn up every week they were fit.

Haas I agree is a colossus not just physically - just a giant of a player and when fit he is only behind Cleary as the first player I pick in any side.

I would probably pick a fully fit Ponga ahead of Edwards if it were for an Aussie team though the combination aspect gets Edwards some extra points

He didn’t win the CC medal last year, Cleary did, I think you mean the year before.

Tedesco actually had a huge year - like a genuinely huge year. I don’t know if the Blues would have won if he played games two and three or not but he has probably still been our best player in a season where only really Walker and Tupou could be relied on to turn up every week they were fit.

Haas I agree is a colossus not just physically - just a giant of a player and when fit he is only behind Cleary as the first player I pick in any side.

I would probably pick a fully fit Ponga ahead of Edwards if it were for an Aussie team though the combination aspect gets Edwards some extra points

Arrh got those two GF’s wrong. Edwards for me has been the best FB consistently for the last 3 years, both Walsh and Ponga have higher peaks but one is still prone to a shocker (Walsh) and one can’t stay fit (KP).

Tedesco was done at Origin level should have been the year prior but he did have a good club season for sure probably gets the fullback award this year as Edwards missed a month. Be good for him to focus on club footy in his last year or two.

Haas is a gun best forward in the game a huge reason Brisbane struggled him
Being out for 2/3 of the year

If my team isn't playing - and let's face it, they won't be playing in the GF again for a friggen long time - I'll always cheer for the story, or cheer for greatness.

4 in a row makes Penrith an all-time team that you can tell your kids about, that's what I want to see happen.

The Storm will never be a great story while Bellamy is still in charge, rightly or wrongly they'll be seen as a team that bent the rules and singlehandedly had about 6 different grubby acts outlawed from the game under his management.

Arrh got those two GF’s wrong. Edwards for me has been the best FB consistently for the last 3 years, both Walsh and Ponga have higher peaks but one is still prone to a shocker (Walsh) and one can’t stay fit (KP).

Tedesco was done at Origin level should have been the year prior but he did have a good club season for sure probably gets the fullback award this year as Edwards missed a month. Be good for him to focus on club footy in his last year or two.

Haas is a gun best forward in the game a huge reason Brisbane struggled him
Being out for 2/3 of the year

I still have Walsh a tier below the others. He has some tricks a lot of players don’t but his positional play is so weak that it is not just his mistakes that make him a liability but he leaves his backline teammates in such vulnerable spots in defence sometimes that it’s just too hard for me to ignore. And I say that as a Queensland fan.

Ponga is never going to be a Minichiello or someone who can take down a rampaging forward but he at least knows where to be.

You’re probably right about Teddy maybe another origin campaign was a year too much but I think he would have handled it if needed.

If my team isn't playing - and let's face it, they won't be playing in the GF again for a friggen long time - I'll always cheer for the story, or cheer for greatness.

4 in a row makes Penrith an all-time team that you can tell your kids about, that's what I want to see happen.

The Storm will never be a great story while Bellamy is still in charge, rightly or wrongly they'll be seen as a team that bent the rules and singlehandedly had about 6 different grubby acts outlawed from the game under his management.

To me they’re the best rugby league side I’ve seen: never thought I’d see a side match the Brisbane and Canberra sides of the 90s and I guess people older than me would say the same about the eels and dogs of the 80s but the relentlessness with which Penrith play while still being exciting, coupled with the fact that they just keep filling every gap that opens up when a player leaves just makes them the most remarkable team. I hope they get it done

They are not the most exciting side to watch, though, are they? It's all about relentless efficiency, making the right decisions, and a bare minimum of errors. Not That There's Anything Wrong With That, of course!

Remove this Banner Ad

NRL NRL 2024 - Grand Final Melbourne vs Penrith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back