NRL NRL 2024 - Grand Final Melbourne vs Penrith

Remove this Banner Ad

Look at the tweet posted in this thread. It's clear 100% - 0:02 of the tweet, clearly is the ball on the grass

It’s above the ground there doesn’t show the ball on the ground

That image the ball isn’t even on the ground! Try again. At no point is it conclusively on the ground. It might have been but it’s not a howler. Refs call is fine. Should have come back as inconclusive though it’s the same decision anyway
Wrong - watch the x video

I said on the bay 13 thread that baldy ref would ride the Panthers home.
I thought kleins initial call was fair enough, at home I didn’t think he got down so no issue with that (actually think Klein was good all night).

The bunker ****ed it up completely

Whilst I disagree that it doesn’t conclusively show a try (I think it’s crystal clear) the issue for me is the bunker didn’t say insufficient to overturn he clearly said it’s clearly “held up” that’s wrong, the vision absolutely does not show it held up.

If the bunker called insufficient I could accept that (albeit I’d disagree) but the calls completely wrong.

Only mistake was it not coming back as inconclusive. It will be coming back the same call though

Wrong - watch the x video

And it doesn’t show it hit the ground. Might have hit the ground. Not enough to overturn despite John’s thinking otherwise

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate Penrith so much but where does it hit the ground conclusively. Was sent up no try has to be 100% conclusive evidence why it wasn’t a no try. If it was sent up a try it would have stood. Refs call stood
Nah, bunker called held up, accordingly he would have overruled it Klein called try.

That image the ball isn’t even on the ground! Try again. At no point is it conclusively on the ground. It might have been but it’s not a howler. Refs call is fine. Should have come back as inconclusive though it’s the same decision anyway

Lol. You can clearly see that hitting grass. It's a blunder.

And it doesn’t show it hit the ground. Might have hit the ground. Not enough to overturn despite John’s thinking otherwise
The ball goes towards the ground then stops and bounces up a bit, because it's hit the ground, that's how gravity works

Whilst I disagree that it doesn’t conclusively show a try (I think it’s crystal clear) the issue for me is the bunker didn’t say insufficient to overturn he clearly said it’s clearly “held up” that’s wrong, the vision absolutely does not show it held up.

If the bunker called insufficient I could accept that (albeit I’d disagree) but the calls completely wrong.
You can’t get much conclusive than than no hand between the ball and grass and to top it off actually bounce up after hitting the ground.

It’s a indefensible and absolute howler of a call that turns the momentum of the game.

Only mistake was it not coming back as inconclusive. It will be coming back the same call though
Pretty big mistake when it’s kind of you’re one job though.

I’m pretty clear it’s a try so he’s made that mistake but to call held up and not just inconclusive onfield is staggering

You can literally see the ball touch the grass:

View attachment 2133722

With a hand under the ball yes. Just isn’t enough to overturn its close but it’s 50/50 and they always go to the refs call.

The mistake was not coming back as “inconclusive”. Its still the same call though so what’s the big deal

You can’t get much conclusive than than no hand between the ball and grass and to top it off actually bounce up after hitting the ground.

It’s a indefensible and absolute howler of a call that turns the momentum of the game.
I’m not sure about the momentum thing (Penrith were all over the storm all night). The rest I agree with

With a hand under the ball yes. Just isn’t enough to overturn its close but it’s 50/50 and they always go to the refs call.

The mistake was not coming back as “inconclusive”. Its still the same call though so what’s the big deal
There’s no hand under the ball, certainly not on the vision we see.

Remove this Banner Ad

NRL NRL 2024 - Grand Final Melbourne vs Penrith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back