NRL panicked in Sydney!

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by mantis
Maybe, if you Rugby people stopped posting on our board, telling us we should support your game, then posts like this wouldn't be started.

Understand, some people don't like Rugby & never will, same as some Rugby people will never like Aussie Rules.

Mantis, find me the last time a RL topic was STARTED on the AFL board by a rugby league person.

Cheers,
Moffo

Originally posted by MoffOnTou
Mantis, find me the last time a RL topic was STARTED on the AFL board by a rugby league person.

Cheers,
Moffo

They've all been moved to the 'Thugby League/No Neck/Bum Sniffers' board.

Im sure they would if they could moff. Its hard to post if you cant type. And its hard to type if you cant read. And its hard to read when your iq is lower than your shoe size.

No matter what you all think, Rugby League is the biggest rating football code in the country and will always be here.

And if you think I am talking Eddie, just think about the State of Origin. A much bigger and better spectacle than any AFL game during the season.

I grew up in Bleak City, played at a reasonable level (VFA and QAFL), but realise that RL is a bigger game than Aussie Rules. This has nothing do do with what game is better, just which game is more popular.

The majority of people here just regard Aussie Rules as a game of knock ons!!!

No matter what you all think, Rugby League is the biggest rating football code in the country and will always be here.

And if you think I am talking Eddie, just think about the State of Origin. A much bigger and better spectacle than any AFL game during the season.

I grew up in Bleak City, played at a reasonable level (VFA and QAFL), but realise that RL is a bigger game than Aussie Rules. This has nothing do do with what game is better, just which game is more popular.

The majority of people here just regard Aussie Rules as a game of knock ons!!!

The best laugh ive had in ages. I think if you check your facts numnutz you'll find The afl is watched by more people. They play less games yet more people watch it.

The state of origin is state vs state. and a one off during the year. The collingwood vs ess game in rnd 22 was watched by nearly as many as the state of origin and this was just two clubs playing a home and away game.

More people play afl
More people watch afl
More people attend the afl
The afl has the biggest sponsership revenue
The afl has the biggest membership base
need i go on dip****

God help rugby league if the pokies go. You can only rely on your leagues club for so long.

Tell him he's dreaming!!

Have a look at who watches what.

Obviously you haven't travelled much, as if you have travelled further north than Wagga you would know that RL is a much bigger game in the states that matter.

Don't get me wrong, Aussie rules is a great game, but RL will always have it over Aussie Rules if only from the perspective that if you play RL you can represent your country.

Who was the last Aussie rules bloke to captain his country?

Originally posted by rabs68
Who was the last Aussie rules bloke to captain his country?.

More people turn up to see Australia in a hybrid game than do see Australia play RL...

Tell him he's dreaming!!

Obviously you haven't travelled much, as if you have travelled further north than Wagga you would know that RL is a much bigger game in the states that matter.

Don't get me wrong, Aussie rules is a great game, but RL will always have it over Aussie Rules if only from the perspective that if you play RL you can represent your country.

Dont forget you ****ing moron that victoria is the second biggest state and by some margin. RL dominates qld and wa. and the afl the rest. We have a foothold in qld and nsw. Especially in the riverina where the afl ****s it in. RL has **** all influence other than qld and nsw and thats going to be the death of it. How can you represent australia in a game where australia isnt truely represented. At least an all australian afl side has players from every state and territory

Originally posted by MoffOnTou

Cheers,
Moffo

Check out the "Support your City", topic by lebanese forces.

You just have to scroll down a couple of topics.

What did James Hird captain Australia at?

Ludo or Cluedo?

Tell me where else, apart from once a year this "magical" game is played?

I captained Australia in 1979 against the kids over the road who were representing the West Indies. We used to invent games all the time when I was little.

I am not having a go at Aussie rules, but people from Melbourne have to realise that their game is not appreciated in capital other than Adeloid, Perth and Hobart, with the exception of when Brisbane and Sydney are doing well.

Believe me, very few people north of the Murray even know Melbourne exists, apart from 3 minute in November when the Melbourne Cup is run.

Not that I expect anyone from Melbourne will believe me. You lot still obvoiusly believe that you are living in the worlds most "liveable city"!!!

Take me to the hospital to stich my side up.

As a former Prime Minister put it "if you aren't living in Sydney, you are camping out"

As a former Prime Minister put it "if you aren't living in Sydney, you are camping out"

Yeah and if you live in sydney your just camp.

Take your delude bull**** and **** off somewhere else. Maybe to the fantasy board. With the **** you sprout you will fit right in

Great come back Marcuz.

Have you ever been anyfurther than Geelong or Bleak City?

Gee, I reckon a trip to Bleak City would be like a tropical holiday from the hubub of greater Bannockburn.

And, yes I do know where Bannockburn is. A little dot on the map between Geelong and Ballaarat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great come back Marcuz.

Have you ever been anyfurther than Geelong or Bleak City?

Gee, I reckon a trip to Bleak City would be like a tropical holiday from the hubub of greater Bannockburn.

And, yes I do know where Bannockburn is. A little dot on the map between Geelong and Ballaarat.

Travelled this big brown land i have.

Bannockburn and the golden plains region is one of the fastest growing areas in victoria.

Yes it is boring but so are a thousand small towns in this country.

Ive visited every capital city in this country and melb ****s it in for things to do. Sydney apart from its harbour struggles. But thats just my opinion everybody has one as im sure you do

The AFL has it all over Rugby League.

A major point at the moment are the respective salary caps:
$6 Million vs $3.25 Million

Rugby League is getting squeezed in the Northern states by Soccer, AFL and Union.

That's three sports that are increasing in popularity.

Rugby League cannot and will not grow, its in decline.

In 10 years time, League players will earn peanuts compared to AFL and Union players.

It becomes a vicious cycle...

A downward spiral...

League will get less coverage in the Northern States and nothing in the Southern states.

The AFL and the ARU will be cashed up and ready to take on League.

Once there are 2 AFL sides in Sydney, the odds are that one of them will make the finals!

Max TV audience for Bris/Adel game on Fri Night in Sydney 76,000, Port/Essendon on Sat Night....95,000, Quoted off the radio this morning
Remember, Friday's game was on at 10.40 and Saturday's game was on at 9.30.
It's not really even close. On Average, more people in Melbourne watch Friday night football than people in Sydney do - and we've got about a million extra people.

Then there is the fact that there are another 4+ games on Melbourne TV - Rugby League shows one other game in Sydney (during the regular season).

Originally posted by rabs68
Tell him he's dreaming!!

Please don't feed the troll.

Originally posted by billy big ears
The NRL are so scared of getting a poor crowd for the Warriors game this weekend that they are GIVING away 10,000 tickets to NZ passport holders! what a ****ing joke that sport is. LOL

Get to know the REAL facts before your sprout them on the internet.

Those tickets were PAID FOR with money and given to NZ people residing in NSW.....look at afl and how money freebies they have given away over the years to promote the Bear/Lions and the Swans......or are you too young to remember......and the afl is still doing it.

Secondly, you know zilch about rugby league and you are a ****ing joke.....not rugby league.

Hampster

Originally posted by grayham

Free tickets never work. Swans and Bears, Storm, etc can attest to that. As someone said, all it does is devalue your product, and provide ammunition for the opposition.
In a finals game it points to a code on the ropes, especially as there will be 80,000 people down the road who will have paid $60+ each.

Hampster, why do you make up things and lie!

The Storm don't ever give away freebies, apart from promotional tickets to sponsors on radios and a few sponsor tickets.
Ribot knows what happens when you start giving away tickets for free.....it devalues the game......and there is no way he would ever do it. He oftens talks about it at the fans forums and flatly refuses to do it.

The only other free tickets that are given out are to the kids that play league in Melbourne..;exactly what the afl do, but the afl do it in bigger numbers because they have more kids playing the game.

And you have conveniently forgotten to tell everyone how many freebies the afl have given away to the Stadium Aust. games. Swans have featured in.:mad:

Originally posted by walker_jd
i go to a rugby dominated school in queensland and all rugby people will talk about the afl beofore they even mention the nrl becuase of the poor way the nrl played finals with big margins - 1vs 8 ect it dosent make good tv and isnt exciting

Again another one who doesn't know his sport.

Its the 1st week of finals for the NRL.....and if anyone has blow out scores in games...its the afl not the NRL......as a whole, the majority of NRL games are much closer and more interesting games than afl.

Originally posted by walker_jd
i go to a rugby dominated school in queensland and all rugby people will talk about the afl beofore they even mention the nrl becuase of the poor way the nrl played finals with big margins - 1vs 8 ect it dosent make good tv and isnt exciting

Again another one who doesn't know his sport.

Its the 1st week of finals for the NRL.....and if anyone has blow out scores in games...its the afl not the NRL......as a whole, the majority of NRL games are much closer and more interesting games than afl.

Originally posted by MarkT
The difference being the foriegn code gets some coverage and acceptance and more importantly the primary code with AFL is not in the shape RL is in. AFL has plenty of problems but it's future is absolutely assured adn it's growth is as near to certain as you can get. AFL will never out strip RL in NSW and QLD but RL will never even be accepted at all in melbourne. As I sai, Strom won the cup and they are in the finals. I love my sport and I couldn't tell you who the coach or the captain is and I couldn't against who or where their next final is being played. RL in Melbourne is just a total irrelevance. I don't mind watching the odd game and I went to a few matches at Olympic Park in the early days with a keen RL mate. It will never ever take off. The only reason a team is here is because there is an AFL team in Sydney.

Biggest load of crap I have ever read, or very close to it.....especially about the Storm......

Mr. Expert, who has gone to a couple of rugby league games......and league has taken off here in Melbourne.....whether you like it or not........in its first 6 years its got bigger crowds than the Swans and Bears got......its only just a baby in terms of new teams in a state foreign to the code and is doing very well.

Re: NRL

Originally posted by Chapo
Hello,
I have been an RL fan ever since I was a baby but that was back when there was no NRL there was NSWRL which I think was much better where the RL went wrong was when they let Melbourne in then New Zealand especially New Zealand because the name is NRL which stand's for National Rugby League not IRL which would stand for International Rugy League cause how are Australian's suppose to feel proud about there game Rugby League if we have Kiwi's trying to win the Grand Final.But the biggest mistake of all when that stupid Super League opened that completely scrud the game up forever because the game went from being a sport that people played for fun to a money hungry sport but in the end they would have been richer if they stuck to playing for fun.I see in RL future the way it is going now.A lot of people in Sydney have had it with the crap that NRL keep doing and are converting to AFL for a Aussie Sport to be Proud in.

Thank You,
Chapo.

Have you ever attended school.......they teach you to read and write:D ;)

And also they may teach you that the afl is a money grabbing code as well....if you take off your blinkers, that is.

And a few thousand extra people going to Swans games in a city of 6m........my goodness, that means the whole state is converting to afl.......seems to me those figures don't add up.:cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

NRL panicked in Sydney!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back