Nth Gippsland Football League p2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

is churchill dropping away or jus having a couple of off games? they showed spirit this week but didnt hav the legs in the last quarter. r they doing a sale city and falling behind? wat r ppls thoughts on this?

I wasnt at the game but they had a few people sent of against stratford in critical periods (surprise surprise). Not taking away anything from stratford but if churchill had not been so undisciplined the result may have been different. As for Heyfield beating them this was no surprise as they are on top. From what i have seen and played against this year, It looks like they still move the ball well and are dangerous but there are questions over there leg speed. In previous years they have had the depth all over the ground to cover this and have afforded to have Mcnamara in the backline where as now there depth is lacking meaning players have to play in different positions. They miss Chris Burke and noticeably i saw on the NGFNL website that Steve Patterson, Jo Whykes played seconds.

is churchill dropping away or jus having a couple of off games? they showed spirit this week but didnt hav the legs in the last quarter. r they doing a sale city and falling behind? wat r ppls thoughts on this?

This is a tough question Bushboy. I maintain that they have dropped off from last season (as per my comments 6 weeks ago) and that they have struggled all year. If you look at the sides that they have defeated, they have beat Gormy in Round 1 (who started the year depleted by injuries and went on to lose the first 4), Sale City (on the day when Hider had his jaw broken, and apparently they were well in control of that game until that happened), Cowwarr (who lost the first 5 or 6, before winning the next 4), Rosedale (in a close one), Glengarry (who have only won 2 games) and Woodside. Now, the Woodside game is the one that stands out, however, looking at the scores, there were only 7 goals kicked by each side, I assume it was poor weather conditions.

When you take all those factors into account, they are probably not really doing all that well overall, rather than dropping off at all. A reasonably accurate indicator of this is the percentage of the sides. Churchill's percentage is just above 100, where, if you compare it the other sides in the 5, including Gormondale who have won 1 less game, they actually all have a percentage of at least 113.

I'm not sure whether they have had a mid season slump, or their draw in the early rounds was favourable.

Heard from the rumour mill (and on TV) that there was a bit of spite between Heyfield and Churchill, especially between the two coaches and that there was a minor scuffle this apparently stirred the pot and resulted in Churchill coming back?? Bush Boy????

Heard from the rumour mill (and on TV) that there was a bit of spite between Heyfield and Churchill, especially between the two coaches and that there was a minor scuffle this apparently stirred the pot and resulted in Churchill coming back?? Bush Boy????

Yes there was spite and a scuffle....no one got sent off but there was a little bit of clarrot.

As for Stu, much had been talked about him by Churchill. He was just telling Leigh Mcdonald how he is a proud competitive person. Nothing more.

I wasnt at the game but they had a few people sent of against stratford in critical periods (surprise surprise). Not taking away anything from stratford but if churchill had not been so undisciplined the result may have been different. As for Heyfield beating them this was no surprise as they are on top. From what i have seen and played against this year, It looks like they still move the ball well and are dangerous but there are questions over there leg speed. In previous years they have had the depth all over the ground to cover this and have afforded to have Mcnamara in the backline where as now there depth is lacking meaning players have to play in different positions. They miss Chris Burke and noticeably i saw on the NGFNL website that Steve Patterson, Jo Whykes played seconds.

They actually outscored Stratford in the periods where they were down to 17/16 players. The time that cost them was the first 15 minutes of the 3rd quarter when Stratford put Tim Light forward and he took 83 marks in the 3rd quarter, and then Steve Nicholls got his right boot hot and kicked 5 goals in 10 minutes, cos the bloke playing on him was trying to hurt Stratford setting play up going out of defence. Stratford outscored them 9 goals to 1 in the 3rd, with no goals being scored in the last 5 minutes of that quarter when they were down to 16 men. Most of the damage was done early.

Inside goss from the north gippsland board that its official Corey McKernan has been cleared to Heyfield...

The true question is... Do they really need him when they are going so well....? Thoughts????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Inside goss from the north gippsland board that its official Corey McKernan has been cleared to Heyfield...

The true question is... Do they really need him when they are going so well....? Thoughts????

good question.. if north gippy footy is anything like fifa 09 i predict that the moral of the players, especially the one that gets dropped, will go down a little bit.. but im pretty sure this post was pointless

good question.. if north gippy footy is anything like fifa 09 i predict that the moral of the players, especially the one that gets dropped, will go down a little bit.. but im pretty sure this post was pointless

Hows this post pointless... Considering its the truth... & its going to be a positive for the club... Corey McKernan has been cleared to the Heyfield Football Club from Heidelberg Football Club today & is set to take the field against Woodside... Pointless or not its going to happen... I just had it confirmed by Nugget that the transaction has occured & thats Stuarts plans....

Hows this post pointless... Considering its the truth... & its going to be a positive for the club... Corey McKernan has been cleared to the Heyfield Football Club from Heidelberg Football Club today & is set to take the field against Woodside... Pointless or not its going to happen... I just had it confirmed by Nugget that the transaction has occured & thats Stuarts plans....

will do wonders for the club in terms of publicity and financially with gate takings etc.

for the player that gets dropped well its bad luck but its your own imperative that you are in a position to get dropped and also can be used to put your name forward by regaining form. you have to look at the postive to improve not the negative.

Northern Football League - Heyfield Football Netball Club - Mckernan, Corey - Approved 16/06/09 19/06/09

What is he like as a player now? Has he been keeping fit? I know he's only 35 of age which is considered just above average in the North Gippy but over 230 games in the AFL would of had a toll on his body.

What is he like as a player now? Has he been keeping fit? I know he's only 35 of age which is considered just above average in the North Gippy but over 230 games in the AFL would of had a toll on his body.

Yes it may have taken a toll. has been playing and is fit. Raring to go. Wonder where he will play??? Just float wherever he wants this forward line is fairly hot now...at some point or another Heyfield could have three premiership afl players on there half forward line

Yes it may have taken a toll. has been playing and is fit. Raring to go. Wonder where he will play??? Just float wherever he wants this forward line is fairly hot now...at some point or another Heyfield could have three premiership afl players on there half forward line

So he will be the real deal? Will look forward to seeing him play.

I remember watching 2 seasons ago, Mark Stevens at his best just floating around the backline then moving up forward hitting goals 55m out in the wind. Will be a fascination to see what McKernan does..

At least Carey won't be at Heyfield anytime soon...

So he will be the real deal? Will look forward to seeing him play.

I remember watching 2 seasons ago, Mark Stevens at his best just floating around the backline then moving up forward hitting goals 55m out in the wind. Will be a fascination to see what McKernan does..

At least Carey won't be at Heyfield anytime soon...

Just remember Mark Stevens was playing afl the year that he played in 05. He was a star especially in the grand final. Corey hasnt played at that level for a while...still expecting him to have an impact though.

How was that reporter on Careys one game comeback...so how many games will you miss mate??? only playing the one game mate so probably the next three and a half quarters haha pure gold

Just remember Mark Stevens was playing afl the year that he played in 05. He was a star especially in the grand final. Corey hasnt played at that level for a while...still expecting him to have an impact though.

How was that reporter on Careys one game comeback...so how many games will you miss mate??? only playing the one game mate so probably the next three and a half quarters haha pure gold

That reporter has the same skill level as Craig Hutchinson

I think the top 5 is fairly set.

The only possible change I could see would be Glengarry replacing Gormandale

The only possible change I could see would be Glengarry replacing Gormandale[/quote]

Could not see Glengarry winning 3 more games than Gormandale for the rest of the year. That is what they need to do to make it. No matter how well they play from now 3 extra wins is alot.

My side was given a lesson on how to play footy and on how to rebuild a club. I think it comes down to one thing when you are down for a long period of time and that is money to quality players. Woodside have spent some bucks but they all deliver. The swans players were taught on preperation, game time and after game activities. It is a pleasure playing against Woodside as they are a truly country football club with PLENTY of support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back