Nth Gippsland Football League p2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaworskyj, 1997 was the game Coxy kicked five goals and got best on. Doesn't sound like much but he happened to strain his right quad at training and ended playing the whole game kicking with his left (opposite) foot.

Jaworskyj, 1997 was the game Coxy kicked five goals and got best on. Doesn't sound like much but he happened to strain his right quad at training and ended playing the whole game kicking with his left (opposite) foot.
I remember that nugget very well which was why i was so wrapped that he got drafted to Hawthorn a year later.I also remember the young kid Berry on the wing was absolute star on the day too ,who knows how far he could've gone ,that was a tragedy of mammoth proportions what happened there.

I'm completely neutral in this debate, as I have no affiliation with any football club whatsoever, however, in this instance, I have to take samebi's side. You make comments about Maffra poaching kids, and whether you mean it or not, the way you write your post, it comes across as though you feel they aren't doing the right thing, then you next post states that you believe Sale City should flick all their good kids to Sale. Double standards???
I say, good on Maffra for fostering the relationship in that region to get the kids to the club, and there is obviously some work ahead for Sale to ensure all the best kids in the local area are playing for their club, and not others.
If that's the way Maffra want to go good luck to them,all i'm saying and all i've ever said right from the initial post on the other forum that started this debate was that the Sale boys beat what was basically an east gippsland semi representitive side not just the Maffra FC, twice during the final series and i thought that that was a fair effort that rated a mention.

incredible game by Cox, BOG by a mile on one leg, any truth in the vacant heyfield coaching position that D.Birss could take over???

d.birss to coach heyfeild? i know he is an ex heyfield player but why would he leave after rosedale nearly went all the way.... also in saying that a side that from what i have seen is young and rosedale locals?

Good points there wanyen. Rosedale will be doing everything to convince him to stay. My impression is that Birssy will not be coaching anyone next year.

Interesting quote id like to share with ya'll

Player - Ive already signed with my club

Sale City comittee/ recruiters - Contracts mean nothing

Thats nice to know, im sure it works both ways

I remember that game. Gee he was brilliant. The greatest performance i've seen at a local level. Took a couple of good hangers as well. Pretty sure he also played in the 1998 GF and kicked 7 and was BOG again. Just goes to show how good you have to be to not only get drafted, but actually make it at an AFL level.

The only other local performance i've seen that came close was Rod Taylors efforts for Morwell vs Leongatha, which i think was in 1997 as well, where he kicked 9 goals. Pretty sure Morwell ended up getting up by less than a kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both have a year left on their contracts and Fraser won the B&F yesterday. Not F@#ken likely Robbie.

Anyway, getting back to this, since i have frase sitting right next to me.

Frase - My contract ended this year. Interesting how people know about my contract when its confidential. Im not bagging you 'yummy6' just setting it straight. CHF & CHB did not ring Sale City. Was other way round.

Anyway, getting back to this, since i have frase sitting right next to me.

Frase - My contract ended this year. Interesting how people know about my contract when its confidential. Im not bagging you 'yummy6' just setting it straight. CHF & CHB did not ring Sale City. Was other way round.

Ok no worries. Just heard from someone pretty reliable about it but if it's supposed to be confidential then I won't bother with his name. FWIW I didn't reckon you being in or out of contract would make a difference in a decision. :thumbsu:

OK so now the season is over what are the rumours with new signings and new coaches around the league. Anyone got any information we don't know about yet?

If my source is correct Damien Birss will not be coaching Rosedale, I am led to believe Brad Caldwell has been appointed.

Confirmed. Cox to coach Heyfield. Hack anyway.

T.Aitkin derserves to be in that league, its an Absolut joke how this pathetic gutless swine can kick 1 goal let alone be league leader.
A dead set travesty against the Gippsland League. No loss for Traralgon.
One gain for Traralgon is they wont have to pay a phcologists (Spell?) to come down to the club and speak to him about his shit goal kicking anymore. His blowse use to get in the way.

Floggo Hack of massive porportions!!

Confirmed. Cox to coach Heyfield. Hack anyway.

T.Aitkin derserves to be in that league, its an Absolut joke how this pathetic gutless swine can kick 1 goal let alone be league leader.
A dead set travesty against the Gippsland League. No loss for Traralgon.
One gain for Traralgon is they wont have to pay a phcologists (Spell?) to come down to the club and speak to him about his shit goal kicking anymore. His blowse use to get in the way.

Floggo Hack of massive porportions!!

Do you know what terms he left on? Was always going to return to Heyfield but did he dump Morwell or give them plenty of notice, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back