Nth Gippsland Football League p2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was concerned with the loss I hate Heyfield losing!!

True about the players missing should see a few return for the Cowwarr game.

Anyone know the story with the Cougars? Obvously a 1 point win isn't everything but they were considered no real chance at the beginning of the round. Does that just show that TTU's plethora of kids are simply that and won'tbe able to stand up to the tougher stuff or was it one out of the bag for Churchill and TTU just didn't fire??? Any thoughts...? Knowledge?

Anyone know the story with the Cougars? Obvously a 1 point win isn't everything but they were considered no real chance at the beginning of the round. Does that just show that TTU's plethora of kids are simply that and won'tbe able to stand up to the tougher stuff or was it one out of the bag for Churchill and TTU just didn't fire??? Any thoughts...? Knowledge?

Talking to a couple of Sale City boys on Saturday they weren't surprised that Churchill won, they said both teams were as dirty as each other and was just a matter of who come out the best from the rough stuff that was going to decide the winner!! Haha.

TTU had a few more scoring shots so will rue the chances that cost them four points.

Churchill managed to get over the line thanks to some quality performances from the young guys in the team in Jack Wyhoon and Chris Williams, both who are still eligible for 3rds.

Cougars are producing in patches at the moment but not doing it for 4 quarters, will be very competitve with Sale and Glen when they do.

TTU didnt run the game out strongly, so perhaps fitness is an issue for some blokes.

No dirty stuff during the game at all, not sure where the Sale City blokes are coming from Nugget! lol!

Heyfield have beaten teams sitting 8th, 9th and 11th on the ladder so far this year, until they can knock off a team above them it will be hard to make finals. Havent beaten a top 5 side for a long time now.

Heyfield have beaten teams sitting 8th, 9th and 11th on the ladder so far this year, until they can knock off a team above them it will be hard to make finals. Havent beaten a top 5 side for a long time now.

What??

Heyfield beat Glengarry last year second last game by about ten goals.

They do need to knock off multiple teams in the top five to make finals, so does Churchill, Woodside, TTU and Cowwarr??

I don't know if they are back but I am sure they are alot better and fitter now than when we had terrible losess to Cowwarr and Woodside.

Thoroughly enjoyed Glengarry v Heyfield on saturday despite tricky conditions the standard was of a good quality and the play moved well. It was probably a game that the score doesn't truly reflect the closeness in the contest.

At the end of the third quarter Harry Cross took an absolute screamer of a mark but subsequently missed the goal from five metres out (which would have put us one point down going into the last), the ball then gets run out Glengarry kicks a goal and lead by thirteen into the last.

Heyfield made a good effort in the last and had there chances but a couple of turnovers and the fact our two of our stronger players didn't play/came off injured (Cox and Harris, first quarter) meant that the mature Glengarry team ended up kicking away in red time to win.

On a side note was asked to move away from the Glengarry huddle at quarter time!! Very strange indeed, didn't want to cause a scene so after a quick protest ended up doing so, It was a bit unexpected considering Glengarry supporters were listening to Coxy speak!!

David Kelly back for the year or just a one off Nugget?

Nah for the year. Got cleared friday night.

It was getting too hard for him to travel to play with Lakes (has recently become a Dad) after relocating for work to Traralgon, has decided to come back and play at Heyfield which is a really good pick up.

In another transfer I am hearing of is that Andrew Gieschen is playing at Sale City, certainly a massive pick up if he plays and can play key forward or back.

In another transfer I am hearing of is that Andrew Gieschen is playing at Sale City, certainly a massive pick up if he plays and can play key forward or back.

Not happy in Mafrra Reserves?

Obviously going to Sale for the love of the game!

But seriously if this is true it makes it hard to see anyone really pushing Sale come finals time.

Not happy in Mafrra Reserves?

Obviously going to Sale for the love of the game!

But seriously if this is true it makes it hard to see anyone really pushing Sale come finals time.

I would be leaving too, went back to Maffra to reach a milestone (200 senior games) played one game got injured has only played three games in the two's and been in the best twice while kicking nine goals. I don't know why or care why that is the case, but let's be honest he could play a part in this years Maffra senior side.

Will be a massive pick up, be interested to see where he plays forward or back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just for the record Nugget he didn't get dropped he had an injury and other circumstances have prevented him from playing every week.

Yeah I can fully understand his position running your own business and having a family are more important than trying to play football at any level, regardless of what milestone you want to acheive. I would prefer to finish my career as a premiership player and not a footballer who ended up playing bit parts in the two's for Maffra.

While we are at it I see that clearances have been put in for Shane Morrison (son of Pete) former Richmond and Brisbane Lions player to Stratford and Nick Graham who it looks like has walked away from Traralgon and the Gippsland Power system to join the other Graham boys at TTU.

Nick Graham who it looks like has walked away from Traralgon and the Gippsland Power system to join the other Graham boys at TTU.
Might have jumped the gun on this one. I was talking to one of his brothers - he's only playing this week, and is back at Power next week.

The most idiotic thing i've heard in a long time. Was hoping it's not true, but NGFL Website confirms it. Quite sad really. You only get 1 chance at Power, and have the next 20 years to chase cash in NGFL/MGFL etc. Hope it's only for a week till he wakes up to himself.

Wouldn't have thought it would be for one week, seeing as Traralgon play but he might want to play a game with his brothers?? If it is for the year something must have happened, but I think that would be strange because Veg is involved at power.

Probably will be for a week but this has always pissed me off the way players will transfer for a week and then have a transfer in before they even play the game to go back to their original club. Should be a rule in place that means they cant transfer back for at least 2 weeks.

I have no dramas with it if its a junior, as it may help a struggling team field a team for that week.

Just a thought though, maybe young Graham is only leaving Traralgon and not Power? I would have thought his Power representation has nothing to do with whether he is with TTU or Traralgon.

Probably will be for a week but this has always pissed me off the way players will transfer for a week and then have a transfer in before they even play the game to go back to their original club. Should be a rule in place that means they cant transfer back for at least 2 weeks.

I have no dramas with it if its a junior, as it may help a struggling team field a team for that week.

Just a thought though, maybe young Graham is only leaving Traralgon and not Power? I would have thought his Power representation has nothing to do with whether he is with TTU or Traralgon.

The league did try and introduce a by law to stop this but I think the VCFL rejected it lately, so the rule was in place for say the first nine weeks, then scrapped.

I think that league was obviously dissapointed in this happening and I know for a fact that they were trying to stress for clubs to play in the right spirit and not do it (transfer players for a week). I am not against it entirely but see little or no value in doing it, having said that Corey Mckernan played for us and it was great for the club (gate takings, honur of playing with a former star), but I think that was under different circumstances then what young Graham is doing.

It could be true that he is still continuing on at power through Tyers. I assume Power would have no problem with it as he will play senior football I presume at Tyers.

Still it seems a bit suspect when TTU are facing Heyfield in a potentially season defining match this week he is moving now!

Traralgon dont play Morwell until Monday so maybe Power wouldnt let him play that game due to a short rest until next weekend? All conjecture, but will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Wouldn't have thought it would be for one week, seeing as Traralgon play but he might want to play a game with his brothers?? If it is for the year something must have happened, but I think that would be strange because Veg is involved at power.
I stand corrected. Was talking to one of his brothers, and it's only for a week, and is back at Power next week. Suprised that Power would allow them to play in NGFL rather than GFL.

I stand corrected. Was talking to one of his brothers, and it's only for a week, and is back at Power next week. Suprised that Power would allow them to play in NGFL rather than GFL.

Don't worry Heyfield have a big in tommorow too :):thumbsu::thumbsu:

Don't worry Heyfield have a big in tommorow too :):thumbsu::thumbsu:
Interesting. If i had to guess i'd say it's either of the Stevens brothers.

In terms of big inclusions, i don't reckon Heyfield will ever top the inclusions for the Prelim Final vs Gormy about 12 years ago when in came three handy players in Cox, Brown and Wojcinski. Think they just snuck home by about 80 points, and ultimately went on to win the flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back