Nth Gippsland Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe current form would suggest Anderson, L.Mcdonald, Plozza, Emery, Dowse, Stockdale, Kelly, Wellins, Jansz, Cahill, Brighton and Domaille would be the premier midfielders.

My top five in no order would be:
Anderson
Mcdonald
Stockdale
Emery
Wellins

u would class wellins as more a premier foward than midfielder!! id nearly rate kelly up there in the top 5 after getting a few best ons aswell being in the best for heyfield every week!!

u would class wellins as more a premier foward than midfielder!! id nearly rate kelly up there in the top 5 after getting a few best ons aswell being in the best for heyfield every week!!

True but wellins is playing as a midfielder. Goalkicking midfielders are fairly high om my list in imo.

Mitch Dowse is obviously a good player. he definately has improved his field kicking. To think of the players who have been drafted or close to, you would think he would be a chance. To play such good footy in a mens league at that age and with his physique, surely this means something....imo

To play him as a run with player would be a massive waste of talent, his skills are alot better than anyone gives him credit for, if he were to be drafted he would play as a midfielder or half fowars flank.

The problem is as i see it is that he isnt in any rep squads. Therefore conforming that he prob is not considered as an elite player. Yeah he is good and everyone sees that but when your not training or getting picked in talent squads it makes it harder for him to get drafted. Because of his size this works against him, unless he is an out and out stand out every week which he isnt at the moment.

His best chance is to get drafted as a run with player, play good footy and go from there. A great example is Kane Cornes who isn't as gifted as every player but plays on the oppositions best player and is super fit, works hard defensively but will still hurt you attackingly.

This is not a waste of talent but an integral part of all teams. Players like Shaun Hart, Gary O'Donnel, Brad Sewell, Cameron Ling, Damien Peverill, Kane Cornes all played in premierships and were in the best players in there winning teams grand finals.

Not taking any sides here.
As a team mate and friend of Mitch's i would love to see him get drafted as he has hit some good form with us after nearly getting dropped. He is great and winning the ball and strong over head for his size.
The only problem is from power alone he's competing with koby stevens (top 5 or 10 potential) and Edward Carr (mid draft potential) plus David donchi another quality hard ball winner. So given this being his first year tac cup andtop age he is unfortunately out on the back foot given the system.
I can't see him drafted as a HFF as he plays strictly mid? Sorry and no offence nugget but playing north gippy seniors doesn't mean much to AFL recruiters =\

Id like to see the kid get drafted but it will be tough for him though!!
I think he might get picked up by a vfl side but hopefully he goes to an afl side!!

Was thinking of a mid year draft for North Gippsland - Bottom club on ladder has first pick of player within the league, then next team so on and so on, can be anyone to aid your weaknesses. This is a mock draft which is quite interesting...some of the best players just dont suit some sides as to where they are.

1. Cowwarr - L.Mcdonald desperate need of some class in the middle, he would provide that and more.

2. Stratford - T.Ronaldson the big fella would give a big body using his skills to free up the runners for Stratford.

3. Glengarry - S.Anderson great ball user who would be suited to Glengarrys hardness and ball winning ability, providing efficient smart disposal.

4. Sale City - A.Stevens the most versatile big man in the league who would solve Citys problems as a forward/ruckman.

5. Gormandale - J.Schuback in desperate need of speed and this fleet footed left footer would be forced to play in the midfield, wher his skills and ability would stand out.

6. TTU - J.King a strong forward who can turn the game on its head would be great at TTU.

7. Rosedale - D.Domaille would love a mature hard bodied midfielder, who will be consistent week in week out.

8.Churchill - N.Hider/J.Staley both would be great at churchill i can see plusses for both as Hider adds to a strong midfield and Staley would be a headache in anyones team.

9. Boisdale Briagolong - W.Knight/N.Dowse both have become fast midfielders who love to kick goals there defensive pressure and speed would top Boisdale off.

10. Woodside - J.Emery/N.Wellins these two blokes roving off a dominant ruckmen in Trav Ronaldson would love it. Wellins is a clearance king and has an uncanny knack of finding space. As evidenced by his goal kicking ability. he is a tough man to play on i know...

11. Heyfield - Adam Brander probably best defender in league can play on small and talls. A great competitor who would free up some of Heyfields prime movers.

Was thinking of a mid year draft for North Gippsland - Bottom club on ladder has first pick of player within the league, then next team so on and so on, can be anyone to aid your weaknesses. This is a mock draft which is quite interesting...some of the best players just dont suit some sides as to where they are.
1. Cowwarr - L.Mcdonald desperate need of some class in the middle, he would provide that and more.

2. Stratford - T.Ronaldson the big fella would give a big body using his skills to free up the runners for Stratford.

3. Glengarry - S.Anderson great ball user who would be suited to Glengarrys hardness and ball winning ability, providing efficient smart disposal.

4. Sale City - A.Stevens the most versatile big man in the league who would solve Citys problems as a forward/ruckman.

5. Gormandale - J.Schuback in desperate need of speed and this fleet footed left footer would be forced to play in the midfield, wher his skills and ability would stand out.

6. TTU - J.King a strong forward who can turn the game on its head would be great at TTU.

7. Rosedale - D.Domaille would love a mature hard bodied midfielder, who will be consistent week in week out.

8. Churchill - N.Hider/J.Staley both would be great at churchill i can see plusses for both as Hider adds to a strong midfield and Staley would be a headache in anyones team.

9. Boisdale Briagolong - W.Knight/N.Dowse both have become fast midfielders who love to kick goals there defensive pressure and speed would top Boisdale off.

10. Heyfield - Adam Brander probably best defender in league can play on small and talls. A great competitor who would free up some of Heyfields prime movers.

woodside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back