Review NTH v GC Review thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Bad....
  • I bought 2 memberships this year because I thought we had truly turned the corner
I agree with everything said except for this.

You don't buy memberships when your team is winning/looking the goods.

You buy memberships because you are a loyal supporter and will turn up to every match in Melbourne to give the boys the support they need.

It's been a big problem with our club. If we lose a couple, f*** all people turn up. This gives the connotation that our supporters aren't loyal, do not care and are only there for the wins.

I work my ass off over summer to have enough money for a membership and to attend every game possible during the season. Year after year I do the same because I am loyal and I truly care about the club whether we win or not.

This team seems to find new and interesting, tantalising ways of sabotaging their season. If it's not playing exciting footy and then scraping in and getting drubbed in week one of finals, it's playing even better than that but losing all of the games needed to make finals by less than a goal. And if it's not that, it's 'working on a defensive side' and beating teams we never usually beat..

.. Only to ****ing well lose to teams we should be damn well pencilling in as wins by now.

This team is a mirage. A tease. Look at Port - it's a mindset. Our guys don't bring it consistently.

And f*** "It will come". It took Port one year for "it to come'. These well-paid professionals need to get in the moment, and bleed for the jumper, or go.

If they want to know why fans are fickle and don't always turn up, it's because THE PLAYERS ARE FICKLE AND DON'T ALWAYS TURN UP.

Essendon, Collingwood, and now Gold Coast games are all completely unacceptable.

But I don't see anything changing from an administration that publicly defends, and therefore accepts mediocrity from it's leaders.

I agree with everything said except for this.

You don't buy memberships when your team is winning/looking the goods.

You buy memberships because you are a loyal supporter and will turn up to every match in Melbourne to give the boys the support they need.

It's been a big problem with our club. If we lose a couple, f*** all people turn up. This gives the connotation that our supporters aren't loyal, do not care and are only there for the wins.

I work my ass off over summer to have enough money for a membership and to attend every game possible during the season. Year after year I do the same because I am loyal and I truly care about the club whether we win or not.
I think u have got it wrong here, the poster said he bought 2 memberships, he don't have to, one is enough, so he is showing support just fine. The fickled people are the ones who don't buy a single membership because we perform poorly.
I buy memberships for my whole family every year, will no matter what, but if they want to get more out of me, I think they gotta live up to their end of the bargain and today was total rubbish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think u have got it wrong here, the poster said he bought 2 memberships, he don't have to, one is enough, so he is showing support just fine. The fickled people are the ones who don't buy a single membership because we perform poorly.
I buy memberships for my whole family every year, will no matter what, but if they want to get more out of me, I think they gotta live up to their end of the bargain and today was total rubbish.

Ahhh right, so he normally buys 1 each year but bought 2 this year just in case?

I got mixed up, sorry The Northerner .

I really thought north needed to contend for a premiership this year or next as then the GC/GWS phenomenon will take over, I was wrong Gold Coast are already ahead of us and while we may play finals this year, we are not going to contend.

Agree.

With Wells, Swallow, MacMillan to come back we can make the finals and perhaps win one. Not contend. i.e. Top 4 this year.

Need to play Daw although with the Tarrant situation I do not think we have much choice.

Agree.

With Wells, Swallow, MacMillan to come back we can make the finals and perhaps win one. Not contend. i.e. Top 4 this year.

Need to play Daw although with the Tarrant situation I do not think we have much choice.
Definitely gotta play Daw, we got something with him, big men are hard to find and Daw could provide a strong focal point for us

My wife suggested to me that NMFC are the Sam Stosur of the AFL. When we should win a game easily we lay down and when we're expected to loose we grind out a win.

I didn't really agree at the time but I think she could be on to something with that analogy.
Well for what its worth Stosur still ultimately won a grand slam.
If we could replicate that by winning a flag would be over the moon :D:rainbow:

This team seems to find new and interesting, tantalising ways of sabotaging their season. If it's not playing exciting footy and then scraping in and getting drubbed in week one of finals, it's playing even better than that but losing all of the games needed to make finals by less than a goal. And if it's not that, it's 'working on a defensive side' and beating teams we never usually beat..

.. Only to ****ing well lose to teams we should be damn well pencilling in as wins by now.

This team is a mirage. A tease. Look at Port - it's a mindset. Our guys don't bring it consistently.

And f*** "It will come". It took Port one year for "it to come'. These well-paid professionals need to get in the moment, and bleed for the jumper, or go.

If they want to know why fans are fickle and don't always turn up, it's because THE PLAYERS ARE FICKLE AND DON'T ALWAYS TURN UP.

Essendon, Collingwood, and now Gold Coast games are all completely unacceptable.

But I don't see anything changing from an administration that publicly defends, and therefore accepts mediocrity from it's leaders.

Really good post DJ.

Been putting this off for five hours but I'll have my say;

- Gold Coast demolished us in the clearances in Q1 and it set the match up for them. They're a quick side and we made them look even faster chasing their tails after losing clearance after clearance. We've dropped our clearance game this season and it's no coincidence it's due to Swallows omission.
- Due to their dominance early they got deep, dangerous inside 50s which were borderline impossible to stop. Midfield to blame early.
- Didn't date Gold Coast's keys until today, they have some really dangerous tall forwards and look genuinely capable of making the 8 this season.
- Four backs plus Firrito doesn't work, Tippett won't play Brisbane and will make way for Swallow/Wells.
- Daw was frustrating but midfielders did him no favours, kick 15m in front of him and he would of had 10 marks today. Like his presence he stays in for me.
- Ziebell was okay, don't understand the concern on the board today. Will naturally be better when Swallow returns also.
- Thought Thompson played his first average game in two years today, maybe having a week off wasn't great for his game.
- Cunnington should be leading the Syd Barker thus far.

On a side note sure we were poor today but people talk as if there aren't opponents, other teams are equally looking to 'bring the mindset' or 'be desperate to improve' keep that in mind and remember these blokes do bust a gut for the jumper week in week out. It's about execution, not passion or desire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

there's a very probable chance we could meet the suns in the first week of the finals,

I dont think i like the thought of that.

Experience counts for a lot. If it was to happen it will be very easy for our young team to be overwhelmed by the moment, especially if it happens in Melbourne.

Thanks for the chats and debates through the week team. Despite the scoreline was a fantastic entertaining game and I look forward to building on our rivalry in coming years.

All the best for after the bye and the rest of 2014! :thumbsu:

Experience counts for a lot. If it was to happen it will be very easy for our young team to be overwhelmed by the moment, especially if it happens in Melbourne.

Thanks for the chats and debates through the week team. Despite the scoreline was a fantastic entertaining game and I look forward to building on our rivalry in coming years.

Much too good today. The future looks very very bright.

Been putting this off for five hours but I'll have my say;

- Gold Coast demolished us in the clearances in Q1 and it set the match up for them. They're a quick side and we made them look even faster chasing their tails after losing clearance after clearance. We've dropped our clearance game this season and it's no coincidence it's due to Swallows omission.
- Due to their dominance early they got deep, dangerous inside 50s which were borderline impossible to stop. Midfield to blame early.
- Didn't date Gold Coast's keys until today, they have some really dangerous tall forwards and look genuinely capable of making the 8 this season.
- Four backs plus Firrito doesn't work, Tippett won't play Brisbane and will make way for Swallow/Wells.
- Daw was frustrating but midfielders did him no favours, kick 15m in front of him and he would of had 10 marks today. Like his presence he stays in for me.
- Ziebell was okay, don't understand the concern on the board today. Will naturally be better when Swallow returns also.
- Thought Thompson played his first average game in two years today, maybe having a week off wasn't great for his game.
- Cunnington should be leading the Syd Barker thus far.

On a side note sure we were poor today but people talk as if there aren't opponents, other teams are equally looking to 'bring the mindset' or 'be desperate to improve' keep that in mind and remember these blokes do bust a gut for the jumper week in week out. It's about execution, not passion or desire.

Next time ask them to go easy on us before you pay for dinner.

Can't wait until the day you blokes beat Hawthorn by 20 goals. It will be in the next decade I hope.

There's already been one request to play nice in this thread. Please heed it.
FG do us all a favour and
Ummm.
Is that aimed at me berniemccarthy ?[/QUOTE]

Not sure which one but if that was you with the pious attitude to other supporters who do not have your Christian charity towards Ablett receiving free kicks to which he is not entitled and infringing on north players and not being penalised then the answer is yes. Football is an adversarial contest. That means you take sides. I take North's side.

I really thought north needed to contend for a premiership this year or next as then the GC/GWS phenomenon will take over, I was wrong Gold Coast are already ahead of us and while we may play finals this year, we are not going to contend.
The amount of improvement to come in them compared to us is a scary thought.

Swallow, Bennell, O'Meara, Prestia, Martin, Rischitelli

Even without Ablett, that midfield is very good. And Day/Lynch is starting to come on as well, absolutely destroyed us today those two.

Scary.

I think there was a movie years ago called the 7 year itch.

When GC qualify for FA they'll have Clubs all over them like white on rice .

Unless they're given an extra 10 mil in the cap they'll be ****ed. :)

I think there was a movie years ago called the 7 year itch.

When GC qualify for FA they'll have Clubs all over them like white on rice .

Unless they're given an extra 10 mil in the cap they'll be ******. :)

They lose what 4 or 5 players and get compensation picks.

They have multiple first round picks currently not in the side plus one of the best up and coming rucks out injured.

They will be a force for a very long time.

Not too many teams have won coming back from the perth trip, but I really thought the group would want to prove that they could back it up the following week. That's probably why its really disappointing and frustrating. We can't handle the hype.
When we get swallow, wells and Tarrant back, that's a lot of games experience, hopefully more consistency from 22 guys then. One positive is we may well get a lot of games into Majak, McKenzie and McDonald, which will be vital in the long-term with the fear of gws and gold coast rising.
I just wish they'd rotate a bit more like geelong and other clubs do. Wood, Garner, Dumont, Tippett playing the odd game here and there would benefit us in the long run and freshen the team up and give some spark

they showed us up for skill and execution
it was sort of amazing that we got close before folding however it did bring to light some nightmare scenarios that are bubbling in the background
Sometimes the backline just looks plain unskilful
what happened to grima from last week? just so uncertain and timid
Thommo played about as well as he did against Cloke so thats 2 bad ones in a row

Cant believe the entire board isn't talking about Bmac This bloke is the invisible man Drop him for a month
Adams? See Grima above, great last week, no show today
JZ clearly not right but good enuf IMO
Maj I wld play at FF and see how he goes

Re Crumbers: Isnt this Garner and Harper as quick fwds who will fill that position

I think today we learnt that JMac is missed down back

Remove this Banner Ad

Review NTH v GC Review thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back