O and M 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

You've obviously got a mate in the loop at Yarra.. Ednie & McMillan linked with (but haven't committed to) shep united in the GV, Keenan & zac o'brien to Melbourne, Jez possibly interstate, Archie undecided, haven't heard anything in regards to wollington not playing & stevo's always rumored to be leaving but hasnt signed anywhere. I'd say at this stage only 3 on your list definitely won't be there next year, but still a lot of water under the bridge. And don't disregard raiders, it may only be 3 players but they're all absolute jets & will dominate O&M if fit. You're right, though, the tigers are an impressive outfit & will take some beating.. Why no love for lavi..?

I was told that a NFL div 1 team was talking with Ednie and two others!

I was told that a NFL div 1 team was talking with Ednie and two others!

Yeh montmorency, who have signed his good mate, kayne Pettifer & simon Seddon. I imagine if he played there he'd move back to melb, will be interesting to see where he does go, if at all. Personally I still think united's in the box seat.

Yeh montmorency, who have signed his good mate, kayne Pettifer & simon Seddon. I imagine if he played there he'd move back to melb, will be interesting to see where he does go, if at all. Personally I still think united's in the box seat.

No, not Monmorency. He has a tie at another club. Pretty close though!

Haberecht is the ex-Lavi kid (he, he, he)
Recurring theme developing here......

Seems another ex Lavi boy, Lonnie "I love Danny bcause he lied to me" Hampton was not well accepted at training. Rumour has it the boy reported back to some former team mates that the reception was icy, apparently not in the clique as yet.

Whilst on a player moving between clubs it appears young Jack Andrew decieded to move to Panther Park and has since recieved four scathing phone calls from Tigerland. Not bad company when you get:
1. Sargent "I know nothing" Schultz
2. Daniel "Why have they put this other idiot with me" Maher
3. Danny "I will get you drafted by GWS" Stevens and
4. Paul " Super coach and now Godfather" Spargo.

Is some one leaving the club hitting a nerve in the den? That is some pretty heavy company to be attacking a kid with half a dozen or games on the clock.

Perpahs Danny needs to feed him the Hampton line or has he stopped using the old GWS drafting line since the letter from his former employer was recieved telling him not to use their name in his underhanded endeavours.

Seems another ex Lavi boy, Lonnie "I love Danny bcause he lied to me" Hampton was not well accepted at training. Rumour has it the boy reported back to some former team mates that the reception was icy, apparently not in the clique as yet.

Whilst on a player moving between clubs it appears young Jack Andrew decieded to move to Panther Park and has since recieved four scathing phone calls from Tigerland. Not bad company when you get:

Is some one leaving the club hitting a nerve in the den? That is some pretty heavy company to be attacking a kid with half a dozen or games on the clock.

Perpahs Danny needs to feed him the Hampton line or has he stopped using the old GWS drafting line since the letter from his former employer was recieved telling him not to use their name in his underhanded endeavours.

Good on the kid for moving somewhere where he is a chance to play senior football!

What is that old saying "you can't have your cake and eat it too" or something to that effect!

They are the ones recruiting top line players to the club of course the kids would get sick of this and go else where!

If true they should have a good hard look at themselves !

Good on the kid for moving somewhere where he is a chance to play senior football!

What is that old saying "you can't have your cake and eat it too" or something to that effect!

They are the ones recruiting top line players to the club of course the kids would get sick of this and go else where!

If true they should have a good hard look at themselves !

True but they arrogance of those running the den do want their cake and everybody else's as well.

The latest from Danny "I will get you drafted to GWS" Stevens to the assembled multitude of junior players at training was: " We will run this as an academy for GWS and even if you are not in our Under 18's you will be watched at St Pats etc. juniors".

Why does this man continue to use the GWS name after he has terminated from their employment and has received a strongly worded letter telling him to stop using their name?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If truethis will have a big impact at Yarra, so where are they off to?

I know that some of them are travellers from Melbourne, are the planning on playing down there or are a few heading to the GV as some have speculated previously?

Reliable source down the Murray tells me the Pigeons are scattering from the coup.

Sam Keenan - Melbourne
Matt Wollington - Cobram
Clint Runnalls - Barooga
Steve McKee - Barooga
Craig Ednie - Shep United / Barooga
Marcus McMillan - Shepp United / Barooga
Sean Johns - Mulwala - Bad Loss - YFNC Coaches have not rang since GF
Andrew Cussen - Mulwala
Kyle Archibald - Mulwala
Michael Stevens - Tocumwal - land package
Big NEws - Brandon Symes - Tungamah
Zach O'Brien - Melbourne
Jeremy O'Brien - Apsley QLD
Joel Smith - retired
Luke Toull - Melbourne
Corowa and Albury circling around Nick Brockley

While the Tigers may have only one coach come season 2012. I am told that the committee are not happy with D Stevens trotting out the GWS line during school clinics, and Maher has said to the committee, if it continues he is out !!!

Stay tuned !!! Interesting the Border Mail have been pumping up Albury, word has it a lot of money has been poured in for favourable articles.:cool:

Reliable source down the Murray tells me the Pigeons are scattering from the coup.

Sam Keenan - Melbourne
Matt Wollington - Cobram
Clint Runnalls - Barooga
Steve McKee - Barooga
Craig Ednie - Shep United / Barooga
Marcus McMillan - Shepp United / Barooga
Sean Johns - Mulwala - Bad Loss - YFNC Coaches have not rang since GF
Andrew Cussen - Mulwala
Kyle Archibald - Mulwala
Michael Stevens - Tocumwal - land package
Big NEws - Brandon Symes - Tungamah
Zach O'Brien - Melbourne
Jeremy O'Brien - Apsley QLD
Joel Smith - retired
Luke Toull - Melbourne
Corowa and Albury circling around Nick Brockley

While the Tigers may have only one coach come season 2012. I am told that the committee are not happy with D Stevens trotting out the GWS line during school clinics, and Maher has said to the committee, if it continues he is out !!!

Stay tuned !!! Interesting the Border Mail have been pumping up Albury, word has it a lot of money has been poured in for favourable articles.:cool:

Could not blame Mahery for his mind set. Mr GWS Stevens seems hell bent on destroying everything that has been built over the past 3 years.

Did my eyes decieve me or was the 2011 Recruit of the Year on the training track last week? Mr Marty "I can't get to Myrtleford because I have been dropped" Thompson on the track. Scary the power of Ried Bricklaying really!!!!

So can Massive Merv assume that young Jack Andrew is one of the few that doesn't work for their major sponsor and is therefore able to choose a club on his own free will?

Stay tuned !!! Interesting the Border Mail have been pumping up Albury, word has it a lot of money has been poured in for favourable articles.:cool:[/quote]

I would like to see that backed up with some evidence so we can send it down to Jonathon Holmes and the Media Watch team.

What stories have these been and what major benifiy would there be for Albury or the BM?

I would like to see that backed up with some evidence so we can send it down to Jonathon Holmes and the Media Watch team.

What stories have these been and what major benifiy would there be for Albury or the BM?[/quote]

Surely the BM would be better off getting into the Tigers as they would sell a lot more papers.

everyone having a stab at AFC are just hacks. Albury is run by smart businessmen and families that live and breath tigerland. nothing to do with $$ and recruiting. Luke Carroll had a young team that drew with Wang (Premiers of 2008) in the last round of the 08 season before spargo came on board. all of this club management has been building for years. albury based clubs like lavi and north will struggle for success if they dont use the same 'savvy' approach the tigers use with development and training regime.

you dont win premierships making friends with the O&M community. get over it and get competitive pretenders!! because they are smashing the O&M at the moment. and they bloody deserve it!

everyone having a stab at AFC are just hacks. Albury is run by smart businessmen and families that live and breath tigerland. nothing to do with $$ and recruiting. Luke Carroll had a young team that drew with Wang (Premiers of 2008) in the last round of the 08 season before spargo came on board. all of this club management has been building for years. albury based clubs like lavi and north will struggle for success if they dont use the same 'savvy' approach the tigers use with development and training regime.

you dont win premierships making friends with the O&M community. get over it and get competitive pretenders!! because they are smashing the O&M at the moment. and they bloody deserve it!

No doubt there are some valid points there, but your ignorance towards some aspects is one of the reasons the rest of the comp, and other comps are ripping on albury at the moment. Cant faulter the fact the club is run well, but the double standards albury have are a joke. They are allowed to poach anyone they want, but get angry when their own leave. You have to remember that you can only field 3 sides on any given saturday, so what is wrong with blokes leaving in order to get a game elsewhere.

Also the "savvy" approach the tigers use for success is simply not financially viable for many other clubs, so how can you expect everyone else to adopt a similar approach. Credit to them on their success, but if a line isnt drawn somewhere you will find the ovens and murray slipping further and further down in terms of strength. There has already been a gradual decline in standard over the past decade, but if you look at the amount of departures from the league over the past couple of years its not hard to tell not a lot of men/boys dont want to play o and m anymore.

Besides the years when spargo coached and they bought every premiership, i can remember when albury were the joke of the o and m and once joss realises it would be better to invest in his and his families future instead of propping up the footy club year after year. It wont be long before albury is again the laughing stock of the league and community. untill then enjoy your well paid success you tossers

Besides the years when spargo coached and they bought every premiership, i can remember when albury were the joke of the o and m and once joss realises it would be better to invest in his and his families future instead of propping up the footy club year after year. It wont be long before albury is again the laughing stock of the league and community. untill then enjoy your well paid success you tossers

I think Albury's two u16 sides both played off in the Junior League Grandfinal. Joss must be paying for there school fees!! I think you will be calling Albury tossers for quite a while.

you w***er.

Speaking of those under-16 teams where are all those kids playing next year?
They won't all get a game, 27 I read in the paper during the year, plus the bottom-agers from the under-18s still eligible next year?
Country footy is what is and the best resourced clubs generally win flags, but there are double standards at play at present.
You've got a wave of kids ready to come up through the ranks which is great, but the Danny and Danny show want to keep bringing them in (two from Broken Hill or wherever, Lonnie Hampton and no doubt plenty of others they are chasing)....
Do the maths my friend....

Remove this Banner Ad

O and M 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back