Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7415/newsid/112826/default.aspx

The last line sums up our club and it's leader to perfection. Our captain faces the media after yet another 'insipid'(MFC legend Brian Dixon's word) performance, and gets asked to deliver a message to all Melbourne supporters on what they can expect from Sundays game.

Green's response 'Hopefully you'll see a competitive Melbourne outfit running out there on Sunday'.

Hopefully? This club and it's leaders need to seriously grow some balls. As a supporter, I don't hopefully want to see a competitive outfit run out against Adelaide, I damn well demand a competitive outfit run out against Adelaide, and every other week for that matter!

And yet again, we tell the media how good the opposition were! We did it when we played Essendon in Round 2 of the Nab Cup after a crap performance, we did it after our match against Hawthorn, Bailey even said how good Gold Coast's kids are after a less than memorable win, and now we are telling the world how good West Coast are! I'm sick of hearing this shit! You can't deflect how poorly the side is going anymore by praising the opposition. Time to grow some balls Brad. You are now the captain of this once proud club! Tell the world how pathetic we were and demand a respectable performance from this group of so called 'talented players'! Don't 'hope' as a leader that as a team, we might be competitive, bloody lead by example, grow some balls and lead like a real captain should....

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7415/newsid/112826/default.aspx

The last line sums up our club and it's leader to perfection. Our captain faces the media after yet another 'insipid'(MFC legend Brian Dixon's word) performance, and gets asked to deliver a message to all Melbourne supporters on what they can expect from Sundays game.

Green's response 'Hopefully you'll see a competitive Melbourne outfit running out there on Sunday'.

Hopefully? This club and it's leaders need to seriously grow some balls. As a supporter, I don't hopefully want to see a competitive outfit run out against Adelaide, I damn well demand a competitive outfit run out against Adelaide, and every other week for that matter!

And yet again, we tell the media how good the opposition were! We did it when we played Essendon in Round 2 of the Nab Cup after a crap performance, we did it after our match against Hawthorn, Bailey even said how good Gold Coast's kids are after a less than memorable win, and now we are telling the world how good West Coast are! I'm sick of hearing this shit! You can't deflect how poorly the side is going anymore by praising the opposition. Time to grow some balls Brad. You are now the captain of this once proud club! Tell the world how pathetic we were and demand a respectable performance from this group of so called 'talented players'! Don't 'hope' as a leader that as a team, we might be competitive, bloody lead by example, grow some balls and lead like a real captain should....

weres the like button

i wanted him to come out and PROMISE a win. would that have satisfied you masses?

'hopefully', maybe, possibly, promise a win!

I didn't want him to come out and promise a win, but I wanted more than 'hopefully a competitive effort'! Pathetic response from a captain that is struggling on and off the field to have an impact. The whole interview just reeks of deflection and no conviction whatsoever! Our whole football department need to grow some balls! Let's stop being poor old Melbourne where the whole football world feels sorry for us. Tappscott has the biggest balls at the club and he's 19 years old for christ sake. Get him to front the media. I bet he doesn't give us a soft and pathetic response like his captain did...

Brian Dixon might be a legend, but his 6-37-1 coaching record for 13.64% tells me he needs to calm down on bagging other people for the job they do.

(and if you think that's bad all six wins were at Arden Street. And I thought we couldn't travel... #statmybitchup)

Brian Dixon might be a legend, but his 6-37-1 coaching record for 13.64% tells me he needs to calm down on bagging other people for the job they do.

(and if you think that's bad all six wins were at Arden Street. And I thought we couldn't travel... #statmybitchup)

Wow, didn't realise what a poor record as coach he had.

Anyway, I think he has as much right to an opinion on the team's performances as we do. I'm pretty sure he's a life member of the club and a legend of the AFL. And let's not forget he was coaching during the dark days of this club. It's nice to see he hurts just as much as we do and willing to speak his mind.

Wow, didn't realise what a poor record as coach he had.

Anyway, I think he has as much right to an opinion on the team's performances as we do. I'm pretty sure he's a life member of the club and a legend of the AFL. And let's not forget he was coaching during the dark days of this club. It's nice to see he hurts just as much as we do and willing to speak his mind.

Agreed that he has his right to a say it, just don't think it's worth the media reporting whatever any ex-player says. Surprised they didn't pick Yze bagging the coaches on twitter and play it up as well while they were at it.

(P.S - Dixon coached North and it was after he went 1-21 in his second year in charge and got the boot that they signed Barassi and the rest was history. In a great piece of 70's semi-pro football history he doubled the last years of his playing career and his entire stint as North coach with being the MP for the seat of St Kilda)

Brilliant

Bring back the word COMPETITIVE. C'mon Bails you can do it.

I didn't like Green laughing and joking through the interview. It didn't look like he was hurting at all. There is no doubt a care free attitude at this club.

I want to see some emotion starting from the coach. I want him to go off his nut like Malthouse does every week. That is what good coach's do they are never satisfied, I think there are far too many people at the club that are satisfied to just go through the motions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, by all means criticize his on-field performance but his off-field stuff?

James McDonald, love him as I did, didn't exactly come out breathing fire in the press. The better captains shouldn't have to.

To be fair, by all means criticize his on-field performance but his off-field stuff?

James McDonald, love him as I did, didn't exactly come out breathing fire in the press. The better captains shouldn't have to.
JM produced on the field in almost every game he played captain or not.
I think a good motto for him would be
"actions speak louder than words"
That is all I want from Green, forget about the Captain bit play a good game and the rest will follow.
May well be trying to do too much at present.
As John Kennedy said " don't think do something any thing just do"
Well close to that anyway.

Good post Crusty. :thumbsu:

Good fair post crusty, love the passion. Are we able to recruit schwartz and Neitz back? can Alan Jackovich be found? and fit to play? what about Todd Viney? can he pull on the boots for us? i also wouldnt mind Grinter back also...

We had some tough players back in the day where are they now?

Good fair post crusty, love the passion. Are we able to recruit schwartz and Neitz back? can Alan Jackovich be found? and fit to play? what about Todd Viney? can he pull on the boots for us? i also wouldnt mind Grinter back also...

We had some tough players back in the day where are they now?

We have recruited a bunch of nice guys. The only exceptions would be Moloney and Tappscott. Sylvia is built like tarzan but plays like Jane most weeks. Jamar needs to channel Dean Brogan's anger every now and again. Frawley is about the toughest thing about our defence, and that isn't saying much. Again, has the muscle but would like to see him with aggression towards the ball and the man.

And then there's the forwardline! Some of the toughest, hardest players to ever play the game have played in the F50. Lockett, Ablett, Brereton, Matthews, Brown. We have Lynden Dunn and that moustache! He is literally the toughest thing in our forwardline!

In a couple of years time, Jack Viney could be the toughest player on our list at 18 years old. I don't want to see our players belt their opponents, that's not tough. Tough is tackling hard, head over the ball, putting your body on the line when you know it's gonna hurt like hell. We don't have anywhere enough players willing to do this for our club right now...

We have recruited a bunch of nice guys. The only exceptions would be Moloney and Tappscott. Sylvia is built like tarzan but plays like Jane most weeks. Jamar needs to channel Dean Brogan's anger every now and again. Frawley is about the toughest thing about our defence, and that isn't saying much. Again, has the muscle but would like to see him with aggression towards the ball and the man.

And then there's the forwardline! Some of the toughest, hardest players to ever play the game have played in the F50. Lockett, Ablett, Brereton, Matthews, Brown. We have Lynden Dunn and that moustache! He is literally the toughest thing in our forwardline!

In a couple of years time, Jack Viney could be the toughest player on our list at 18 years old. I don't want to see our players belt their opponents, that's not tough. Tough is tackling hard, head over the ball, putting your body on the line when you know it's gonna hurt like hell. We don't have anywhere enough players willing to do this for our club right now...
My description is Choir Boys CD
But otherwise you are 100% correct.
They all look thorouhly nice guys probably help your grandmother across the street.
I would actually prefer a couple of Jack Darlings.
Tough winners we need not fancy outside receivers.

Remove this Banner Ad

O Captain, My Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back