Racing October Daily Punt: Planting a Cup on top of Everest

Remove this Banner Ad

Check these prices out, mini rave out in the birdcage area.
They serisously going to sell tickets to this? Over $300 a ticket for 6 hours music when most people are there to watch the horses not some used up DJ.

Land Legend @ $11 looks a play in Sydney getting weight off a pretty ordinary bunch. Had no luck at Ascot behind Desert Hero and Valiant King and should have finished much closer, then was only 3 lengths off Tower of London and co at Newmarket. Happy to then forgive the flop in the French swamps.

Would have a saver on Cleveland in that race as a two horse play getting 3-5kg off his Metrop rivals with the step up in trip a positive.

Land Legend @ $11 looks a play in Sydney getting weight off a pretty ordinary bunch. Had no luck at Ascot behind Desert Hero and Valiant King and should have finished much closer, then was only 3 lengths off Tower of London and co at Newmarket. Happy to then forgive the flop in the French swamps.

Would have a saver on Cleveland in that race as a two horse play getting 3-5kg off his Metrop rivals with the step up in trip a positive.

I reckon you’ll get better on the day than $11. The market won’t find it

Cleveland is completely cooked (floating artist cooked not gold trip cooked)

Check these prices out, mini rave out in the birdcage area.
I’am a degenerate, more worried about the next at Kembla grange on a Saturday afternoon over some DJ..
Or depending on the time could be the first at the meadows..

Also it’s $385 for a guest pass during the spring Carnaval, what a load of bullshit

I’am a degenerate, more worried about the next at Kembla grange on a Saturday afternoon over some DJ..
Or depending on the time could be the first at the meadows..

Also it’s $385 for a guest pass during the spring Carnaval, what a load of bullshit
VRC is a rip off.

i paid $225 for a MRC young membership (under 35yo)

i get a frree drink every time i go, 10 guest passes for the season and they have already given me 2 GA tickets for the guineas this week which i gave away.

Militarize or Steparty in the Guineas?

I am on Militarize
Militarize the one to beat but has never ran clockwise before.

Scheelite will beat steparty home and still worth an each way ticket at 13s Ladbrokes

Watch the replay of the prelude. Scheelite came from further back than steparty, had better sectionals and missed by less than half a length.

Militarize/Scheelite quinny

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scheelite will beat steparty home and still worth an each way ticket at 13s Ladbrokes

Watch the replay of the prelude. Scheelite came from further back than steparty, had better sectionals and missed by less than half a length.

Militarize / King Colorado quin for me .... sticking with the GR form

Speaking of which .... and not caring what anyone else thinks ..... I can't ignore Shinzo in the Everest at 17s .... you just can't trust Waller not to have this horse ready and primed

Watching the GR again he was back last, got pushed wide and his last 600 was equal fastest in the race .... over an unsuitable 1400m which will strip him fitter and he drops kilos ...... against the weakest Everest field probably ever assembled

He has drawn 6 so should be around midfield with cover closer to the speed than he was in the GR and I know some here give him no chance but I won on him in the Slipper and I will struggle to forgive myself if he gets up ..... at 17s he is not the worst ew bet

Scheelite had better sectionals but ran slower overall time. Interesting

Speaking of which .... and not caring what anyone else thinks ..... I can't ignore Shinzo in the Everest at 17s .... you just can't trust Waller not to have this horse ready and primed

Watching the GR again he was back last, got pushed wide and his last 600 was equal fastest in the race .... over an unsuitable 1400m which will strip him fitter and he drops kilos ...... against the weakest Everest field probably ever assembled

He has drawn 6 so should be around midfield with cover closer to the speed than he was in the GR and I know some here give him no chance but I won on him in the Slipper and I will struggle to forgive myself if he gets up ..... at 17s he is not the worst ew bet

Name the last golden slipper winner to bomb first up and come back.

At 17s the win he is one of the worst bets you could ever see on a racetrack. You’d be wanting 17 the place to play.

It’s a genuine 150s chance

Dont get sucked in.. Shinzo is the horse most likely to come last

Name the last golden slipper winner to bomb first up and come back.

At 17s the win he is one of the worst bets you could ever see on a racetrack. You’d be wanting 17 the place to play.

It’s a genuine 150s chance
If you say so but I don't think he necessarily bombed 1st up over a inadequate distance where he was 2.5 lengths from the winner who is very likely the best 3yo in the land and who had the benefit of a previous run .... he will strip fitter as well and he trialled nicely the other day .... back in distance with a cosy run he could finish all over them if they go too fast up front .... and he has the weight pull and Waller Waller Waller in his corner

Remove this Banner Ad

Racing October Daily Punt: Planting a Cup on top of Everest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back