October - Daily Punt

Remove this Banner Ad

Quiet play today:

SALE:
R8#1 Not A Copy (if it fails to get a place today she must retire the old boy)
CUP: shocking field - #1

TERANG:
R5#10 TANTRUM

Cup: I'll have a little on Texan Warney however I think it is a stronger field than last week so will work around Ishant

R8#13 (good horse and has won 1st up - great weight)

HOBART:

R8#8 - Must win to determine if it comes to Melbourne

BORDERTOWN:

R4#3 Musee Market
R5#1 Ace or Joker - BB, loves it 1st up at the distance
R7#6 Ultra Savings

Quiet play today:

SALE:
R8#1 Not A Copy (if it fails to get a place today she must retire the old boy) X served it up for 4th. Can go to the All Greys at Flemington but needs a claim

CUP: shocking field - #1:thumbsu: ($5.50/$2.00)

TERANG:
R5#10 TANTRUM:thumbsu:($2.90/$1.50)

Cup: I'll have a little on Texan Warney:thumbsu:(0/$3.10) however I think it is a stronger field than last week so will work around Ishant X

R8#13 (good horse and has won 1st up - great weight)X

HOBART:

R8#8 - Must win to determine if it comes to Melbourne:thumbsu:($2.80/$1.50) MELBOURNE HERE WE COME!. Cannot believe the short price, but a winners a winner!

BORDERTOWN:

R4#3 Musee Market:thumbsu:($3.50/$1.80)
R5#1 Ace or Joker - BB, loves it 1st up at the distance Xstill trying to get out, needs Tourner on board!
R7#6 Ultra SavingsX

Nothing to write home about!

9: 4-0-1

A little profit for me Vinnie Troll!

Anyone having a bet in the Sale cup today?

3 horses that I'm looking at:

Fast Clip - ideal barrier draw, Nash on board, dropping back in class, finished 4 lengths behind King Mufhasa in the Toorak, should peak 4th up.

Eraset - Also peaking 4th up, form lines behind Happy Trails who ran a gallant 4th to Testa My Patience in the Crystal Mile yesterday. He's 1/1 at the course and distance too.

Cosmic Causeway - My roughy for the race. Loves the dead track and distance, hopefully the rain can stay away. Won his last two, admittedly at an inferior level to the Fast Clip and Eraset, but winning form is good form. Good EW chance.

Probably take Cosmic Causeway EW for a small bet, Eraset for the win, and a boxed trifecta with the 3 of them. Pinnacles I'm happy to write off, just don't think he'll win here today.

Edit: Didn't see previous posts, but glad to see some on the same page.

Nice tip Roosty, its almost like the rest of them were standing still...oh wait :eek:

Great ride by Arnold. Thought he was going to be boxed away but with the big weight it was the best option.

Annoyingly out of the quaddie in the first leg. So hopefully pick up another winner for some profit. Around b/e after the 2 winners so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For some reason IAS have taking money out of my account. I backed Pinnacles at fixed 7 and 2.50 before Eraset was scratched and they paid me out as normal. Thank they have taken monet out of my account for some reason. whats with this?

Same here except with Sportsbet. Had Pinnacles at 7 and 2.50 which they payed out properly. They then took out part of the payment for some reason..

Edit: Ah ok thanks

Sale Cup Day
1-Grand Schiller 2nd $2.10
2-Urbane Valour-Has shown ability, been gelded and should be an improver this prep.
3-Freereturn-was galloped on last start which is the reason for it's short lay off. Racing well through the grades before that. 1st $3.20
4-Stroemsky-He can be frustrating. His last start was encouraging though, hit the line like it always does in what was a strong race with the two that finished ahead of him right in there respective markets in much stronger races than this.
5-Causeway Cat-Last two runs been strong in races that I think are a touch better than this. Will be fit and seemingly set for this race.
6-Emerald Downs-Clear class runner of the race. Top weight the worry but has had very little luck in it's past 3. If it hasn't come to the end of it's prep I think it just wins.
7-Pinnacles-Has fantastic form through the epsom and rupert clarke. Beat Testa My Patience home earlier in his prep. Top weight the worry, and Eraset gets the good weight turnaround from the race it won at Caufield but Pinnacles is running fantastic. 1st $5.50 $2.20
8-Spatha-last run was a complete forget under lights at MV as per stewards. Prior to that it was looking good. Back to form here and it goes close. 1st $5.10
9-Commanding Time-Have done my cash on it a few times. But it has raced well in races better than this and with some luck will go well.

Quad: (1, 5, 7, 8/ 1, 2, 7, 9, 12/ 6, 7, 8/ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

Profitable day with 3 winners. Very happy for Pinnacles, fantastic old campaigner.

I'll use a bit of the winnings on a quaddie at Northam, (1, 2, 6/ 1, 5, 8, 10/ 1, 10/ 3, 5, 8)

Really like Rafferty in the cup. Beat Jappaloop last start, who won a better race than this yesterday. I don't think Rafferty would look out of place in a Group 3 over there. Think it will win but I like Xaaravid as well who has ran in better races than this and done well so have included him as well.

Frustrating to miss the quad @ Northam. Brilliant ride by Pike. I taped it and watched the replay and I think Pikes ride was the difference between it and Rafferty winning.

Remove this Banner Ad

October - Daily Punt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back