Discussion [OFF-TOPIC] What are you listening to right now?

Remove this Banner Ad

I live semi-rurally on the northern outskirts of Adelaide.

If I lived in the city i'd use my car a lot less frequently, but i'd still have one.
I just don't really have a need for a car right now, PT gets me everywhere I need to go, and if it isn't an option a cab will do.

Joss Whedon was awesome when I was a teen and in his target demographic. I was right in the heart of the age group that Buffy was made for.

I loved Firefly as well, but I think it's legacy is better as a 1 series + 1 movie thing. It would have gotten old over 5 or 6 series.

But obviously never, ever watch any of Joss Whedon's stuff back several years later. Ever. You'll cringe so hard you'll crack a rib. It's better in the memory bank.

Joss Whedon was awesome when I was a teen and in his target demographic. I was right in the heart of the age group that Buffy was made for.

I loved Firefly as well, but I think it's legacy is better as a 1 series + 1 movie thing. It would have gotten old over 5 or 6 series.

But obviously never, ever watch any of Joss Whedon's stuff back several years later. Ever. You'll cringe so hard you'll crack a rib. It's better in the memory bank.
Ive actually just finished watching Firefly for the first time and I loved it. Its got me hooked. I wish they at least made one more series and another movie and left it at that. Theres the fanbase and support for it, the actors want it and so does Joss himself. Its only a company like Fox who's holding back.

Are these fellas still going around? Haven't heard from them in this decade.
Strangeland came out in 2012 and is pretty nice, they've been doing a little touring in Euro and released a greatest hits thing a year or so ago. One of my favourite bands, wish they'd come down here. Discovered them in FIFA 07 (Nothing In My Way) and haven't looked back since.

Are these fellas still going around? Haven't heard from them in this decade.

Strangeland came out in 2012 and is pretty nice, they've been doing a little touring in Euro and released a greatest hits thing a year or so ago. One of my favourite bands, wish they'd come down here. Discovered them in FIFA 07 (Nothing In My Way) and haven't looked back since.

They've been on hiatus since 2013.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

public transport and walking isnt as difficult as it sounds
One of my relations was in the same situation. She used to live in the city so she never bothered with her license, public transport got her where she needed to go. She's only getting it now (she's in her 20's) because her and her boyfriend life out in the country and she needs to drive their son around while he's away at work.

If I lived in the city and had absolutely no need to leave it, I'd probably not bother with my license. Infact even when I do go into the city I don't drive. I stop at the closest transperth station and PT it. Far to crazy for me and my tank.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion [OFF-TOPIC] What are you listening to right now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back