Preview Offical Teams for GF Replay

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Congrats to the Sack

I still wouldn't be surprised if we paid the $10k and brought in Neon on gameday :p

Congrats to the Sack though, everyone think he's getting a run with role on Goddard?

pretty sure they have a plan for him

Anyone else think it will be hilarious when Leon goes to get his medal as number 1 first in his suit :p. Maybe they can put him in uniform...(assuming we win - dw we will)
He won't get the medal on the ground, it will be handed to him in the rooms after the match.

It's not tricks either because Davis isn't an emergency either.

Where did JMAC come from as an emergency? Where is the Skunk?
Im a big JMAC fan but he has one game against the hawks and basically cost us the match (meant nothing but still) I dont think he is match-fit... Would have preferred Medhurst!!

By leaving Leon off the emergency list, is this Collingwood's way of telling him they have lost faith in him totally? Will he be at another club next year?

I still wouldn't be surprised if we paid the $10k and brought in Neon on gameday :p

Congrats to the Sack though, everyone think he's getting a run with role on Goddard?

I think there is a chance he'll line up on Gilbert when Gilbert is playing as a forward, if not he'll stay down back taking someone.

I think playing him down back makes us more flexible allowing Heath Shaw to roam further up the field, or Alan Toovey to play a run with role in the middle. Similarly he can play Maxwell's role if he's getting attention. I really like the move personally. Leon has the capacity to go into the middle and therefore be flexible, but could only spend a tiny amount of time in there given his fitness and our other players in the midfield rotation.

I like the defensive flexibility Goldsack gives the team, and a set of fresh legs. I think his contribution is likely to be more predictable than Leon's.

Both clubs have made the right changes.

Very pleased to see Goldsack come in and look forward to him getting the opportunity. Presti is unlucky, I was 50/50 on whether or not to bring him back in but I do agree playing N.Brown after last weeks effort was the right one.

For St.K I think it was the right move to bring in McEvoy for Gardiner. Without a doubt they need the extra ruckman. Koschitzke can ruck and ruck well, but with his broken ribs for them I would be worried about how he would hold up for the entire game. Blake is the other one who can ruck for periods.

Probably would have taken Baker out. Don't think his 2nd game back will be as good as his 1st and Geary/ Armitage for would probably be the better choices, but Baker is a warrior so I don't think it is wrong to keep him in the side either.

Looking forward to it and hopefully we can beat St.K through superior ball movement. We need to get this done with a 30+ point lead by the half if we want any chance. Can't let this game become a man on man stoppage fest or St.K will win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One huuuuggggeeeeeeeeee positive for Collingwood is no matter what happens on Saturday, all 22 players who are selected in the current side will be at Collingwood next year.:thumbsu:

You couldn't have said that for sure if Presti, Davis and/or Lockyer were selected.

John McCarthy an emergency may mean a midfielder hasn't come up?

I am thinking this. Surprised Leon was not in the emergencies. Lockyer is a bit more flexible so he gets a gig over Leon. The risk on Presti must be there but is handy if Brown or Reid are late withdrawals.

McCarthy is the one that stands out. I am thinking there is a midfielder not quite right and he is insurance.

John McCarthy an emergency may mean a midfielder hasn't come up?

I love the guy, played school footy with and against him, but he must not play. In a year or so after a consistent run of games, but hasn't he played like 10 games and like 5 been against the Saints? Time for Malthouse to depart with the assumption that McCarthy is some sort of Saint-Destroyer.

One huuuuggggeeeeeeeeee positive for Collingwood is no matter what happens on Saturday, all 22 players who are selected in the current side will be at Collingwood next year.:thumbsu:

That is good to hear but can you be 100% sure?

Clearly brought him in because we had trouble with the kick-ins last week. :p

Nah, it was the right call. Goldsack is versatile and hungry. Leon, not so much.

Why can I see Goldsack unleashing a monster goal on the weekend? Like a 60 metre torp that pretty much seals the game?

Love the changes to both sides, I hope they line up that way.

No offence to J-Mac, I love him as a prospect and I think he'll be a terrific player for us in time, but if he plays on Saturday we're ****ed.

It was the change that had to be made. Goldsack should go to Goddard now. If not he may find his way to Gilbert if he moves forward. He gives us the extra defensive flexibility that we need at the expense of a player that isn't contributing.

Love having The Sack back. Was the only player still going at 100% in the 2nd half of the Preliminary Final. No wonder he wasn't picked for last week, was probably knackered whereas everyone else was in 2nd gear.

No torps on kickins though please... unless of course they come off. ;)

No offence to J-Mac, I love him as a prospect and I think he'll be a terrific player for us in time, but if he plays on Saturday we're ****ed.

Agree Sampler - Love J-Mac as Prospect for the Future season but Hope he does not play in the GF Replay with his Lack of Games this season and did nothing vs the Saints in RD 3 vs the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back