Official “2006 Collingwood excuse thread”. Start posting.

Remove this Banner Ad

ShepBoy said:
I know something that is funnier than that.

Trevor Barker played his whole career at St. Kilda and NEVER EVER played in a final!

Beautiful!

There's a few platers that are good that missed out, sadly he was one, saw some highlights of him, good marks, and a good player.

Such a shame he got cancer and passed away:(

mediumsizered said:
Who told you this? Hawthorn were never taking him at pick 3. Collingwood was the only team interested in picking him up in the top 5. Hawthorn were expecting to lose Ellis at 2 and therefore take a Kennedy/Ryder/Dowler type at pick 3.

Was tipped by Burgatron and confirmed by Dermie within 24 hours of the draft...but never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

You're right though, Hawthorn did expect Collingwood to take Ellis at 2. They also expected Collingwood to take Thomas at 5 so decided to take him at 3 assuming Ellis had already gone.

History shows that Collingwood valued the Thomas/Pendlebury combination more than Ellis. Both sides got their men, time will tell who made the right choices.

The Majestic said:
There's a few platers that are good that missed out, sadly he was one, saw some highlights of him, good marks, and a good player.

Such a shame he got cancer and passed away:(

The fact he dies of cancer is irrelevant. I have not referred to his illness nor made fun of his death.

What is funny is that playing for St. Kilda means you play for 16 years and dont play one finals game.

THAT IS HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Fireman said:
A culling ? :p
If he was a Saint supporter I would not come to his defence , I'm sure there are a few dumbos like him in our midst but I tend to steer clear of them.

PS You have Zeke on another thread making a dill of himself, gets back to what I was saying choosing a club by it's supporter base.

I find your post a tad (read massively) hypocritical as evidenced by your tacit approval of the vile things that spew forth from Joffboy's keyboard.

You sir are a two faced bitch.

tess said:
True The Fireman maybe a bitch, although I find that hard to swallow. But you ShepBoy are an A grade moron. But your our moron, so we love you.

tess. I suggest you butt (no pun intended) out. Just worry about the hospitals and Barry Gibb's dentures.

ShepBoy said:
tess. I suggest you butt (no pun intended) out. Just worry about the hospitals and Barry Gibb's dentures.

No Puns on my butt.

As for Bazza's teeth.... If I remember correctly they are all his own teeth.

Now obviously your a regular, watch yourself son.

They're going to play in 2006 as the Collingwood "Ifs".

If [insert any of 10 player names] is fit ...
If [insert any of 10 player names] can play up to his overblown reputation...
If MM's well-earned contract extension enables the club to concentrate on 2006 ...
If having more football department staff than players is a recipe for finding a couple of useful ones ...
If Tarrant can get a free ...

Traditional black and white stripes on the guernsey replaced by a large black question mark on white.

irukandji said:
They're going to play in 2006 as the Collingwood "Ifs".

If [insert any of 10 player names] is fit ...
If [insert any of 10 player names] can play up to his overblown reputation...
If MM's well-earned contract extension enables the club to concentrate on 2006 ...
If having more football department staff than players is a recipe for finding a couple of useful ones ...
If Tarrant can get a free ...

Traditional black and white stripes on the guernsey replaced by a large black question mark on white.
any club has "ifs" that they need to go their way to have a successful season.

take out [insert any of 10 player names] from any side and they'll struggle to perform to the best of their abilities.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ShepBoy said:
Come on, you have to admit it is funny! Where is your sense of humour?

Playing for 16 seasons and you NEVER play a finals match.

Whenever I am feeling down I think of that and it cheers me up no end.

Oh well, at least he bagged Sher I suppose.:D

I think you'll find it's Cher, Einstein.

As for your Trevor Barker joy, I find the same joy watching Bob Rose's coaching career. So close Bobby....... :D

Trevor Barker was a champion - could have gone anywhere for truckloads of money. He didn't, he stayed loyal which speak volumes for the bloke.

Coin_Toss said:
Seriously, What excuses do we need this year?
It's do or die for Malthouse. Simple as that. ......

Go easy on Mick. He’s got close to the best out of a very ordinary list talent-wise. Not sure if he’s entirely to blame for the Pies terrible recruiting over the past 5 years. :)

parrot said:
Go easy on Mick. He’s got close to the best out of a very ordinary list talent-wise. Not sure if he’s entirely to blame for the Pies terrible recruiting over the past 5 years. :)

I agree parrot, but what's the excuse for Pagan?

He's proven at North that he is one of the elite coaches but has fired nothing but blanks at Carlton. Who does the blame sit with?

parrot said:

Yes, but if you are struggling on-field, everything falls back on the coach.
Mick is a good coach. I am sure we would be back to our best this year.

The recruiting manager is always the blame for bad recruiting - not the coach.

"We have Tarrant and Rocca in out team which really handicaps us and our midfield is slow, useless, with not a grain of talent between them"

Remove this Banner Ad

Official “2006 Collingwood excuse thread”. Start posting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back