Official “2006 Collingwood excuse thread”. Start posting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder what excuses the pies will come up with for drafting a pair of duds in Thomas and pendlebury. Once again they had early draft picks and they blew it :)

celtic_pride said:
I wonder what excuses the pies will come up with for drafting a pair of duds in Thomas and pendlebury. Once again they had early draft picks and they blew it :)
Why do you think that these players are duds ? Now I am not a Magpies supporter but I seem to remember that most of the "mock drafts" had Pendlebury at least going fairly high in the first round picks.

celtic_pride said:

Bit harsh. I think Thomas will turn out to be a good player. A Cole/Shaw type. Surprised he went top-8, let alone #2. Not sure about Pendlebury- probably would have made 8th to 16th. Perhaps the Pies hierarchy know something about these 2 footballers that the rest of the football world doesn’t. :)

celtic_pride said:
Mate, wait and see. Thomas > Murphy easily. Murphy only went one because of the attention on him after his decision not to go to brisbane. He is not that good and certainly not worthy of a number 1 pick.
And your pick 4, Kennedy, hahahahahahahhahahaahha. You have wasted a good pick on a merely average player. Kennedy is a younger version of Nick Holland, who certainly doesn't merit pick 4.
I would rather Pendlebury than Kennedy, and that is in all honest.
Your drafting was far worse than ours last year.

Manunz said:
Mate, wait and see. Thomas > Murphy easily. Murphy only went one because of the attention on him after his decision not to go to brisbane. He is not that good and certainly not worthy of a number 1 pick.
And your pick 4, Kennedy, hahahahahahahhahahaahha. You have wasted a good pick on a merely average player. Kennedy is a younger version of Nick Holland, who certainly doesn't merit pick 4.
I would rather Pendlebury than Kennedy, and that is in all honest.
Your drafting was far worse than ours last year.

So how did you rate the draft then?
?
1. Thomas
2. Pendlebury
99. Kennedy
100. Murphy
?

Hahaha! You're a funny guy. :p
But a little deluded. ;)

Funkalicous said:
So how did you rate the draft then?
?
1. Thomas
2. Pendlebury
99. Kennedy
100. Murphy
?

Hahaha! You're a funny guy. :p
But a little deluded. ;)
No mate. I'd have almost taken Brisbane's first pick at 1, Thomas 2, Murphy 3, Ellis 4 and Pendlebury could have gone anywhere from 5-19. Kennedy also should have been 10-20 bracket, certainly not 4.

Manunz said:
No mate. I'd have almost taken Brisbane's first pick at 1, Thomas 2, Murphy 3, Ellis 4 and Pendlebury could have gone anywhere from 5-19. Kennedy also should have been 10-20 bracket, certainly not 4.

Interesting, because we now know that both the Blues and Hawks had no intention of using either of their first 2 picks on Thomas. Most pencilled him in to go between 8th and 15th

The general consensus

1. Murphy
2. Ellis
3. Kennedy
4. Dowler
5. Ryder

After the top 5 it was a little less clear

The Blues and Hawks still can’t believe the Pies took Thomas at #2 – it effectively meant the Blues picks 1 & 4 became 1 &3, while the Hawks 3 &5 picks, became 2 & 4. Thank you Collingwood. Looks like the Pies used their 2 top-5 picks on Shaw/Cole types. Old habits I guess. :)

parrot said:
Interesting, because we now know that both the Blues and Hawks had no intention of using either of their first 2 picks on Thomas. Most pencilled him in to go between 8th and 15th

The general consensus

1. Murphy
2. Ellis
3. Kennedy
4. Dowler
5. Ryder

After the top 5 it was a little less clear

The Blues and Hawks still can’t believe the Pies took Thomas at #2 – it effectively meant the Blues picks 1 & 4 became 1 &3, while the Hawks 3 &5 picks, became 2 & 4. Thank you Collingwood. Looks like the Pies used their 2 top-5 picks on Shaw/Cole types. Old habits I guess. :)

Actually Parrot, Carlton rated them as:
1. Murphy
2. Kennedy
3. Hurn
4. Ellis/Ryder
:cool:

Funkalicous said:
Actually Parrot, Carlton rated them as:
1. Murphy
2. Kennedy
3. Hurn
4. Ellis/Ryder
:cool:

I know but I was referring to the General consensus in the non-Collingwood football world. BTW I’m wrapped we’ve got Murphy and Kennedy – easily the best midfielder and KP forward in the draft by a huge margin. :)

parrot said:
I know but I was referring to the General consensus in the non-Collingwood football world. BTW I’m wrapped we’ve got Murphy and Kennedy – easily the best midfielder and KP forward in the draft by a huge margin. :)
yep, one is a midget and the other is plagued by shoulder injuries:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, you can bookmark this if you want for September but i will go out on a limb to say Collingwood will definitley make the top 8 this year :)

parrot said:
The "general concensus of the non-Collingwood football world" was that it was an even draft.

That the general concensus of BigFooty-ites was that Ellis and Murphy were sure things to go 1 & 2. What the collective BigFooty says is about as worthy as what Mike Sheehan says!

FWIW, the only Collingwood opinion which matters is Derek Hine's which was:

1. Murphy
2. Thomas
3. Pendlebury
4. Ryder
5. Kennedy
6. Ellis

You may get a chance to see young Thomas play this weekend. I did last weekend and I can tell you that he's a gem!

FIGJAM said:
The "general concensus of the non-Collingwood football world" was that it was an even draft.

That the general concensus of BigFooty-ites was that Ellis and Murphy were sure things to go 1 & 2. What the collective BigFooty says is about as worthy as what Mike Sheehan says!

FWIW, the only Collingwood opinion which matters is Derek Hine's which was:

1. Murphy
2. Thomas
3. Pendlebury
4. Ryder
5. Kennedy
6. Ellis

You may get a chance to see young Thomas play this weekend. I did last weekend and I can tell you that he's a gem!
Are you definite that this was Hine's exact ratings , I've read differently.
Umpires , bird flu and poltergeists are the only reasons Collingwood can possibly be defeated this year

parrot said:
Polly want a cracker.
Dermot "Hood" Brereton said Hawthorn we're planning on taking Thomas at 3, yet you are saying that they didn't rate him that highly.
Interesting that Parrot knows more about Hawthorn than a guy involved with the club and its draft making decisions.

Micky Malthouse's list so far this year:

1. Matches @ night
2. Shot Clocks
3. Bibs
4. Chris Connelly's under pressure!
5. Last years injuries = a slow start this year

Greatest post ever Parrott, year long entertainment as Micky changes the subject from the Pies onfiled performance.

ShepBoy said:
Come on, you have to admit it is funny! Where is your sense of humour?

Playing for 16 seasons and you NEVER play a finals match.

Whenever I am feeling down I think of that and it cheers me up no end.

Oh well, at least he bagged Sher I suppose.:D
A bit like Des Tuddenham never playing in a winning GF.

Parrot and fellow lemmings getting in before the Carlton history is r*ped by the Southport Sharks/Blues. Hands up who voted for the AFL plant that is Ian Collins?:D Nice bit of deflection Parrot :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Official “2006 Collingwood excuse thread”. Start posting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back