Official 18's GVFL Thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Offical 18's gvfl thread

i think there was only 5 or 6 top age wanganui 16s who are playing thirds this yr! im thinking magee, shaw and grant will dominate!
yeh i totally agree, also i think normington (younger brother of former bushies, vic country ryan normo) will have a good year, has grown alot and will be an imposing figure down in the united forward line

yeh i totally agree, also i think normington (younger brother of former bushies, vic country ryan normo) will have a good year, has grown alot and will be an imposing figure down in the united forward line

Steady steady. Dont know about imposing. Lets not get carried away with what the boys did LAST year. It is an imposing step from Under 16 to GVFL 3rds. Let all the boys find their feet and then we can assess mid year.:cool:

so mercedes who do u think will go well for bottom age 3rds in the three shepp teams?

im not mercedes but ill have a crack.
SWANS grant preece bt finnen mears trelly i think will play well. swoopa also.
BEARS Crawf. thats all unless chappy and ivan play?
UNITED: Jordo. Tetly. Sully. Jacko. Kane and liam shaw. Burna and normo could be handy pickups to.

and what shepp team is looking to be the strongest

UNITED: Jordo. Tetly. Sully. Jacko. Kane and liam shaw. Burna and normo could be handy pickups to.

you seem to know a bit about the notre boys.
a classmate of them, bennyc?

Steady steady. Dont know about imposing. Lets not get carried away with what the boys did LAST year. It is an imposing step from Under 16 to GVFL 3rds. Let all the boys find their feet and then we can assess mid year.:cool:
last year young normo was a sensation, improvement out of site.
dominated at half forward with his strong marking and precise kicking.
also has pace to burn, will adapt to gv thirds with no worries at all, will probably be in the seniors after the first few rounds!

also has pace to burn, will adapt to gv thirds with no worries at all, will probably be in the seniors after the first few rounds!

gee i saw 7 or 8 games and he didnt set the world on fire, sure you arent talking about ryan lol?? he's a good kick and ok mark but wont be taking huge pack marks... as for seniors at united, dont think so, think of the gun juniors that played seniors at his age... vance, muston, ryan normington, rendina

gee i saw 7 or 8 games and he didnt set the world on fire, sure you arent talking about ryan lol?? he's a good kick and ok mark but wont be taking huge pack marks... as for seniors at united, dont think so, think of the gun juniors that played seniors at his age... vance, muston, ryan normington, rendina

RYAN NORMINGTON= DUD!

mate you left your own name off!!!:cool:

yer i thought he struggled in 16's so dunno how he will go in 3rds

i think young anton bell should have a pretty good season! he's pretty fit, good kick not bad of a mark! should develop well to GVFL.

i think young anton bell should have a pretty good season! he's pretty fit, good kick not bad of a mark! should develop well to GVFL.
mmm i dunno bout that, heard he was a bit of a dud with the footy.
apparently has a weird marking style?
can you comment on that bomberbandit?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mate you left your own name off!!!:cool:
good match between swannies and united tonight. was even all night until the last quarter where united pulled away. good players for both sides. i thought jye warren, freezer and muggleton were standouts for united while for swans anthony tuatala, barollli, preecy , bt and number 15 all played well.

Muggleton has not changed from congupna, he wont handball or kick to a team mate if he thinks they are a better player than him,.A CAPTAIN should leed the way as a team player,NOT be a HOGGGGGGGGGGG.I hope being captain was not part of the sign on deal?.grant, crow, and turner played well

Muggleton has not changed from congupna, he wont handball or kick to a team mate if he thinks they are a better player than him,.A CAPTAIN should leed the way as a team player,NOT be a HOGGGGGGGGGGG.I hope being captain was not part of the sign on deal?.grant, crow, and turner played well

When Muggleton got the footy last year i saw him kick and handball to players like rusty, dicko and matty p many time's i dont no what your on about because all of them players i are better than him.

us swannie boys did well again united last night... united said to be one of the teams to beat. i believe we can do that. still got a few handy players to come into the side which will strengthen us right up. also some fitness will do us good... alot of teams will be suprised what swannies do this year.

us swannie boys did well again united last night... united said to be one of the teams to beat. i believe we can do that. still got a few handy players to come into the side which will strengthen us right up. also some fitness will do us good... alot of teams will be suprised what swannies do this year.

United were too strong in the end but i was impressed with the never say die attitude of the young swans. most are bottom age and they stood up well to a physically stronger and more mature unit with a fair few older players. some of the united players were disappointing as too were some of the swans players. only early so the hit out will do both sides well. both clubs have players to come into the side so they both appear to be heading for a good season

dunno how many swans had out but heard united had about 7 or more of there starting line up out due to school commitments seniors and bushies. also when you look at guys like luke M who only played a bit over a quarter, ben rendias first game in probably over 12 months and shannon ralph who hasnt played since primary school footy... but i agree as you said swans played a solid game and did suprise and put up a good fight but if they play later in the year i think it might bit a much different game if both are at full strength. united seemed to fumble a fair bit and the skills on the night werent to flash by some of the players, maybe that just has something to do with the awesome lights they had up and going :rolleyes:

Saw the game at Stanhope between united and swans and thought both sides showed alot. Swans aren't overly big but their small players are good, united have good height across the ground and moved the ball well. I know it was only an early season practice match but I feel both sides will be very competitive and can look forward to finals footy.

Geez he must think alot before getting rid of it.

yea it is still early.... we had about 7 odd players out that can come into the side to strengthin right up... not a great deal of talls but make up for it with players playin bigger rolls

dunno how many swans had out but heard united had about 7 or more of there starting line up out due to school commitments seniors and bushies. also when you look at guys like luke M who only played a bit over a quarter, ben rendias first game in probably over 12 months and shannon ralph who hasnt played since primary school footy... but i agree as you said swans played a solid game and did suprise and put up a good fight but if they play later in the year i think it might bit a much different game if both are at full strength. united seemed to fumble a fair bit and the skills on the night werent to flash by some of the players, maybe that just has something to do with the awesome lights they had up and going :rolleyes:

Pressure would not have anything to do with it? I saw the game I believe that United thought it was going to be a stroll in the park and were taken back by the ferocity of the tackling of the swans. They did settle but some of the foot disposal was average. The Swans also had players whose disposal was below par also. The lighting was very ordinary as you suggest in jest. You would think that a club orgainising a night comp would ensure that all the globes actually worked!!!! As for some of the players you mentioned who played for the demons i doubt that they would be in the starting line up anyway. My observations of both sides suggest that both teams had players not up to that level on first impressions, however I am sure that both teams will improve further with fitness and also getting some of the players back into both sides that did not play. The lists I saw from both clubs had about 7 out of each team. Not all of those are up to it either in my opinion. Time will tell.:D

name a thirds side that hasn't had a player that hasn't been up to it... you can't... it's impossible to get a team of 25-28 kids that are good enough for junior footy... any junior coach should agree with that... it's how the betta players work the one's that aren't so good into the game... matty rendina from united is the best i've ever seen in doing that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad