Official 18's GVFL Thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Offical 18's gvfl thread

us swannie boys did well again united last night... united said to be one of the teams to beat. i believe we can do that. still got a few handy players to come into the side which will strengthen us right up. also some fitness will do us good... alot of teams will be suprised what swannies do this year.
yeh both teams seemed alright..a few out for each..fitness and skills will come for both teams.

us swannie boys did well again united last night... united said to be one of the teams to beat. i believe we can do that. still got a few handy players to come into the side which will strengthen us right up. also some fitness will do us good... alot of teams will be suprised what swannies do this year.
Don't get too cocky United were far from full strenght on the night

Don't get too cocky United were far from full strenght on the night

swans were far from full strenght also.. dont believe united have a great deal to come back into thier side... Jamo can be forgotton he will play bushies all year and when not bushies it will be senior footy for him

name a thirds side that hasn't had a player that hasn't been up to it... you can't... it's impossible to get a team of 25-28 kids that are good enough for junior footy... any junior coach should agree with that... it's how the betta players work the one's that aren't so good into the game... matty rendina from united is the best i've ever seen in doing that

simple murph they go out to the lesser leagues -with respect to those players. We are not talking junior footy - thats Under 16's mate. This is Third 18 footy. That's why the three GVFL Thirds sides (well possibly two of them) will have to cut some players. United already have cut at least 4 I understand. Swans are yet to cut and the Bears are struggling with numbers. They had about 6 Under 16 players in the side that played Kyabram tonite. The Bears apparently won the game and Ky looked average which is surprising as the have good kids coming up from Under 16's last year. Thompson, Curnow, Vick, Pryde, Lovison, Young, and others etc etc. Harris and Gooley both Under 16's were in the Bears better players. Again it is only a practice match so lets not get carried away.

swans were far from full strenght also.. dont believe united have a great deal to come back into thier side... Jamo can be forgotton he will play bushies all year and when not bushies it will be senior footy for him

To be fair they have Trevaskis and Shaw to come in who would strengthen the side I would suggest. Burness, Doyle, Rendina would not be in their best 22. Also the swans have some quality to come back also. it should be a good game when they meet.

simple murph they go out to the lesser leagues -with respect to those players. We are not talking junior footy - thats Under 16's mate. This is Third 18 footy. That's why the three GVFL Thirds sides (well possibly two of them) will have to cut some players. United already have cut at least 4 I understand. Swans are yet to cut and the Bears are struggling with numbers. They had about 6 Under 16 players in the side that played Kyabram tonite. The Bears apparently won the game and Ky looked average which is surprising as the have good kids coming up from Under 16's last year. Thompson, Curnow, Vick, Pryde, Lovison, Young, and others etc etc. Harris and Gooley both Under 16's were in the Bears better players. Again it is only a practice match so lets not get carried away.
how did these boys go? who was best for ky?

You might be a little wrong there, Ky actually won the game by about 4 goals over running the bears in the last quarter. Both sides showed patches of good footy and I felt that Ky were the better side on the night. Bears were not help with key players being rested for long patches eg Ridings, Thorsen and Buctin. I think both these sides will be very competitive this year..

To be fair they have Trevaskis and Shaw to come in who would strengthen the side I would suggest. Burness, Doyle, Rendina would not be in their best 22. Also the swans have some quality to come back also. it should be a good game when they meet.
I think Burness will be in their best 22. Others to consider that were missing on the night were Goodwin and Handley. Goodwin has played GV before and is a solid player while Handley comes with big raps from Shepp East. I don't believe the night games really gives any indication of how a side might be going. United had players out of position, returning from injury and rotating players all the time. Round one will give a better guide.

was at the Ky bears game last night, to put an accurate spin on it Ky won the game easily 15 goals to 8. Ky had only 19 players with 8 unavailable, injured or playing in the later game. Bears I thought looked OK but hard to get a gauge on both teams as they had quite a few out. Ky have a fair bit of improvement in them from what i saw and what has got to come back into the side.

was at the Ky bears game last night, to put an accurate spin on it Ky won the game easily 15 goals to 8. Ky had only 19 players with 8 unavailable, injured or playing in the later game. Bears I thought looked OK but hard to get a gauge on both teams as they had quite a few out. Ky have a fair bit of improvement in them from what i saw and what has got to come back into the side.

ky only played well for about half the match and even when the bears had more of the ball they managed to kick as many goals. much better side. Becky dominated in the air while edwards did well on ball then up forward when he was moved. Curnow provided a strong target up forward while dylan smith was solid down back. One of Ky's stars wade demasi only played about half a quarter on ball spent the rest a full forward resting a tight hamstring. Thorsen was hardly rested, ridings only played half while it wouldn't matter how long they rested buctin he had no impact anyway!!

ky only played well for about half the match and even when the bears had more of the ball they managed to kick as many goals. much better side. Becky dominated in the air while edwards did well on ball then up forward when he was moved. Curnow provided a strong target up forward while dylan smith was solid down back. One of Ky's stars wade demasi only played about half a quarter on ball spent the rest a full forward resting a tight hamstring. Thorsen was hardly rested, ridings only played half while it wouldn't matter how long they rested buctin he had no impact anyway!!

Interesting to see your view on the match valley man. Ky did play well, do you expect them to be a top 4 side this year, they seem to have a lot of top age kids playing that may play in the senior side. Bucktin went better in the middle than up forward. I think shepp had a few out as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who were the 4 that United cut, i know baldwin was one. And i thought Swans had their cut after Sunday nights practice match, who did they get rid of!

Interesting to see your view on the match valley man. Ky did play well, do you expect them to be a top 4 side this year, they seem to have a lot of top age kids playing that may play in the senior side. Bucktin went better in the middle than up forward. I think shepp had a few out as well.

Top 4 easy if they can keep edwards, demasi, beck, orr and co in the thirds. There may be a few extra numbers coming back to ky senior side now that chris atkins is coming back to play. so that could help keep the younger guys in the thirds

How many have they got to cut and who do you think they will be!
i dont know but i think they have a list of about 30-32.
so i dont know how many they will cut, not many of the boys will play seniors as the senior side is pretty strong.
so that should give them an advantage over other teams.

i dont know but i think they have a list of about 30-32.
so i dont know how many they will cut, not many of the boys will play seniors as the senior side is pretty strong.
so that should give them an advantage over other teams.

or their just not good enough to get a ones game

You might be a little wrong there, Ky actually won the game by about 4 goals over running the bears in the last quarter. Both sides showed patches of good footy and I felt that Ky were the better side on the night. Bears were not help with key players being rested for long patches eg Ridings, Thorsen and Buctin. I think both these sides will be very competitive this year..

Conflicting reports on the result but a Bears player tells me that they got beaten by 2 goals. Anyway who really cares it is a practice match and used for that. Interested in your comments D4E as the Bears had Harris from Wanganui Under 16's and at least four players from Notre in that side. Was not at the game however given the names that played in both Thirds and Seniors it would suggest to me that they are struggling for numbers if you have to have 5-6 Under 16's playing 4 you. Crawf from Bears did not play but not too sure how many others were out. They also have Thompson from Shepparton High who played on the night who will be playing for them yet he is also eligible for Under 16's. I think Chappy Young is also eligible for Under 16's as well. That makes 7-8 players from the Under 16's that played on the night. In terms of your earlier comments D4E I believe these Under 16's should be playing as much Junior footy as they can. Unfortunately your neighbours prefer to rape the Junior competition just to try and pinch a couple of good players. They have b...s..ted to one of my players and he is playing with them all year yet he had the opportunity to play in the Under 16's comp, play Interleague etc etc and get back into the bushies squad ( he was cut at the last training night). But you cannot get it thru to some of these kids because of all the crap that club spreads. I believe it is ruining our young players whom are not ready physically, mentally, emotionally and footy sense wise. Anyway you cannot control the actions of others!! Must catch up one day mate:cool:

Conflicting reports on the result but a Bears player tells me that they got beaten by 2 goals. Anyway who really cares it is a practice match and used for that. Interested in your comments D4E as the Bears had Harris from Wanganui Under 16's and at least four players from Notre in that side. Was not at the game however given the names that played in both Thirds and Seniors it would suggest to me that they are struggling for numbers if you have to have 5-6 Under 16's playing 4 you. Crawf from Bears did not play but not too sure how many others were out. They also have Thompson from Shepparton High who played on the night who will be playing for them yet he is also eligible for Under 16's. I think Chappy Young is also eligible for Under 16's as well. That makes 7-8 players from the Under 16's that played on the night. In terms of your earlier comments D4E I believe these Under 16's should be playing as much Junior footy as they can. Unfortunately your neighbours prefer to rape the Junior competition just to try and pinch a couple of good players. They have b...s..ted to one of my players and he is playing with them all year yet he had the opportunity to play in the Under 16's comp, play Interleague etc etc and get back into the bushies squad ( he was cut at the last training night). But you cannot get it thru to some of these kids because of all the crap that club spreads. I believe it is ruining our young players whom are not ready phsically, mentally, emotionally and footy sense wise. Anyway you cannot control the actions of others!! Must catch up one day mate:cool:

Was speaking with bears playerlast night and he said they got beat by 6 goals so very interesting! He said they played a few under 16s to make up numbers as the seniors were taking a few for their game! Dont think you will find they are raping the under 16s which is a shocking way of describing it! I tried out 4 a rival club and all they were interested in was bringing in top age kids to win and flag and not worry about kids that had helped them out the previous year! Interesting to see the swans not making a cut and holding onto a large list! A lot of juniors not going to get a game! Poor form i would have thought! Whos the one home from you to bears merc! Can i still come down there 4 a run?

Last year the Bears only had 2 under 16's who had great local and representative form in U15's.

AJ Crawford- GM Murray schoolboys, Vic Country U15
Luke Lowden- Picola League, GM Murray schoolboys

Shepp United have Cam Hall who is an under 16 this year.

Hardly raping and pillaging the local league.

Good recruiting, I'd call it.

Last year the Bears only had 2 under 16's who had under great and local form representative form in U15's.

AJ Crawford- GM Murray schoolboys, Vic Country U15
Luke Lowden- Picola League, GM Murray schoolboys

Shepp United have Cam Hall who is under 16 this year.

Hardly raping and pillaging the local league.

Cam Hall struggles i reckon lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad