Official 18's GVFL Thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Offical 18's gvfl thread

Was speaking with bears playerlast night and he said they got beat by 6 goals so very interesting! He said they played a few under 16s to make up numbers as the seniors were taking a few for their game! Dont think you will find they are raping the under 16s which is a shocking way of describing it! I tried out 4 a rival club and all they were interested in was bringing in top age kids to win and flag and not worry about kids that had helped them out the previous year! Interesting to see the swans not making a cut and holding onto a large list! A lot of juniors not going to get a game! Poor form i would have thought! Whos the one home from you to bears merc! Can i still come down there 4 a run?

The player is from an Under 16 club not the Swans. The swans are yet to have their cut as far as I know so if you want go there for a run. i do not have any official capacity at the club just an interested onlooker.:cool:

Last year the Bears only had 2 under 16's who had great local and representative form in U15's.

AJ Crawford- GM Murray schoolboys, Vic Country U15
Luke Lowden- Picola League, GM Murray schoolboys

Shepp United have Cam Hall who is an under 16 this year.

Hardly raping and pillaging the local league.

Good recruiting, I'd call it.

Last year is history and I made no mention of United. The reference is to the Bears who had up to 8 Under 16's in the side. The are struggling for numbers. There are enough 16 and 17 year old running around footy fields that could be given a chance to play at a GVFL club wherever that maybe.

important to remember that this site creates debate and we are all entitled to our thoughts. We all have different thought processes on what is right or wrong.:cool:

Conflicting reports on the result but a Bears player tells me that they got beaten by 2 goals. Anyway who really cares it is a practice match and used for that. Interested in your comments D4E as the Bears had Harris from Wanganui Under 16's and at least four players from Notre in that side. Was not at the game however given the names that played in both Thirds and Seniors it would suggest to me that they are struggling for numbers if you have to have 5-6 Under 16's playing 4 you. Crawf from Bears did not play but not too sure how many others were out. They also have Thompson from Shepparton High who played on the night who will be playing for them yet he is also eligible for Under 16's. I think Chappy Young is also eligible for Under 16's as well. That makes 7-8 players from the Under 16's that played on the night. In terms of your earlier comments D4E I believe these Under 16's should be playing as much Junior footy as they can. Unfortunately your neighbours prefer to rape the Junior competition just to try and pinch a couple of good players. They have b...s..ted to one of my players and he is playing with them all year yet he had the opportunity to play in the Under 16's comp, play Interleague etc etc and get back into the bushies squad ( he was cut at the last training night). But you cannot get it thru to some of these kids because of all the crap that club spreads. I believe it is ruining our young players whom are not ready physically, mentally, emotionally and footy sense wise. Anyway you cannot control the actions of others!! Must catch up one day mate:cool:
Agree with your thoughts Merc. IB from Notra should really stay and finish his last year in under 16's he is a strong boy but really still needs to give himself every chance to dominate at interleague and hopefully get noticed again by the squads. The Bears have been aproaching a lot of Under 16's to play and some of the ones you have mentioned have signed. I understand they also had a crack at Patone. I have been told that Harris and Gooley are staying with their junior clubs for the season. I hope this is true as the junior comp has had quality developing over the last couple of years and it would be good to see what these boys can really do this year. United actually have 2 under 16's on their list, Hall from Dookie and Tetley from Katunga. Like the swans, I believe that United does not currently have any SDJFL under 16's on their list. The Harris's, Patones, Bruns and Patones of the league can still learn a lot from quality coaches in Kitto and Timothee to name a couple. I don't understand what the hurry is to play GVFL Thirds.

im not exactly sure but i think maybe that the ones who cant get a game in the 3rds will play 2nds...
I think you will find that 30 to 32 will be needed on the list to cover every possibilty. It might mean that a rotation will take place if everyone is fit and available.

Was speaking with bears playerlast night and he said they got beat by 6 goals so very interesting! He said they played a few under 16s to make up numbers as the seniors were taking a few for their game! Dont think you will find they are raping the under 16s which is a shocking way of describing it! I tried out 4 a rival club and all they were interested in was bringing in top age kids to win and flag and not worry about kids that had helped them out the previous year! Interesting to see the swans not making a cut and holding onto a large list! A lot of juniors not going to get a game! Poor form i would have thought! Whos the one home from you to bears merc! Can i still come down there 4 a run?
The players brought in may well have been better skilled then yourself. Having talked to a number of coaches this year, they have all stressed how difficult it was to select a squad. They go for quality as a player and a person and not whether they are top age or bottom age. Having spoken to Cooch at United and Nicho at Swans, both of them start identifying players to recruit as soon as the season commences. They are both planning ahead. If you were cut or told not to bother you should ask the relevant coach for some feedback which may help your development.

If Mario uses him correctly and they are supportive and patient, he'll be good.:thumbsu:
I have seen this kid play a couple of games last year and have watched him during pre season. He has muslced up a bit and grown 3 inches since last year. Still pretty raw and has a lot to learn but I reckon cooch and the recruiters may have uncovered a good one in Hally. I thought he went alright and had a red hot go in the night game last week and kicked a goal. Anyway we will see as the season goes on.

far as i know most of the Swans sqaud are bottom age so they will be getting a game. They are better quality that most of the top age boys that are still there....... at the moment. Who is to know who might get the chop in the next few weeks.

Agree with your thoughts Merc. IB from Notra should really stay and finish his last year in under 16's he is a strong boy but really still needs to give himself every chance to dominate at interleague and hopefully get noticed again by the squads. The Bears have been aproaching a lot of Under 16's to play and some of the ones you have mentioned have signed. I understand they also had a crack at Patone. I have been told that Harris and Gooley are staying with their junior clubs for the season. I hope this is true as the junior comp has had quality developing over the last couple of years and it would be good to see what these boys can really do this year. United actually have 2 under 16's on their list, Hall from Dookie and Tetley from Katunga. Like the swans, I believe that United does not currently have any SDJFL under 16's on their list. The Harris's, Patones, Bruns and Patones of the league can still learn a lot from quality coaches in Kitto and Timothee to name a couple. I don't understand what the hurry is to play GVFL Thirds.

Can confirm they had a crack at Patone, along with Cosgriff and a few others. They have put pressure on Harris as well.

Conflicting reports on the result but a Bears player tells me that they got beaten by 2 goals. Anyway who really cares it is a practice match and used for that. Interested in your comments D4E as the Bears had Harris from Wanganui Under 16's and at least four players from Notre in that side. Was not at the game however given the names that played in both Thirds and Seniors it would suggest to me that they are struggling for numbers if you have to have 5-6 Under 16's playing 4 you. Crawf from Bears did not play but not too sure how many others were out. They also have Thompson from Shepparton High who played on the night who will be playing for them yet he is also eligible for Under 16's. I think Chappy Young is also eligible for Under 16's as well. That makes 7-8 players from the Under 16's that played on the night. In terms of your earlier comments D4E I believe these Under 16's should be playing as much Junior footy as they can. Unfortunately your neighbours prefer to rape the Junior competition just to try and pinch a couple of good players. They have b...s..ted to one of my players and he is playing with them all year yet he had the opportunity to play in the Under 16's comp, play Interleague etc etc and get back into the bushies squad ( he was cut at the last training night). But you cannot get it thru to some of these kids because of all the crap that club spreads. I believe it is ruining our young players whom are not ready physically, mentally, emotionally and footy sense wise. Anyway you cannot control the actions of others!! Must catch up one day mate:cool:

Ky kick 15 goals 2 behinds bears about 8-9 goals with 5-6 points cant remember exactly but. this is the score given to me by the ky thirds coach

Can confirm they had a crack at Patone, along with Cosgriff and a few others. They have put pressure on Harris as well.

I was speaking to a bears player the other day and he said that the under 16 kids will all play 16s except maybe brun! They have just been at training! As 4 harris they told him to play 16s and will see him next year! I think you will find all clubs have a couple under 16s!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mate u have never seen any of the swans bois play so are in no place to comment ..

big call seeing u wouldnt no who i am. played against them last year and will this year. who are the 8 u think would play?? Say in ky seniors because their list isn't strong, so might give em a chance

big call seeing u wouldnt no who i am. played against them last year and will this year. who are the 8 u think would play?? Say in ky seniors because their list isn't strong, so might give em a chance
first of all the list of swans 3rds is about 10 times better than it was last year and i would say these 8 would be able to play GV seniors at maybe Tat, Ky, Bears, and maybe United..
Ant Tutala
Finnen
Ben Timothee
Parris
Poustie
Barolli
Grant
Preece

first of all the list of swans 3rds is about 10 times better than it was last year and i would say these 8 would be able to play GV seniors at maybe Tat, Ky, Bears, and maybe United..
Ant Tutala
Finnen
Ben Timothee
Parris
Poustie
Barolli
Grant
Preece

how many of those played last year??

how many are top age/lower age? I heard finnen and preece good, not much on the rest.

all of those boys are bottom age player... being bottom age wont matter they will take the senior position and fill it quite well... Dont be suprised to see some of those boys gettin a game for swans senior side

how many of those played last year??

Finnen, Barolli, Preece, Grant and Timothee all played Interleague last year. They have all been invited to Bushies training in the past with Finnen progressing the furthest.

What is the hurry to play senior foooty when you are just out of junior footy? Their are a lot of players coming up from the Under 16 ranks that have the ability to play senior footy in time. But lets give them time to develop, grow into their bodies physically, handle the demands of thirds footy and in general become adults. The boys are all very mature however over the next 12 months they will start getting their drivers licences, some may even move out of home etc etc and their life will change enourmously. Its a big world out there and this time of life is very important and Cooch, Nicho and Wellsy have a huge responsibility in developing these players for the future. These guys are all good coaches and more importantly sensible guys who want their players to develop into quality people primarily and then the footy ability that these players have will shine through on the footy field.:cool:

Finnen, Barolli, Preece, Grant and Timothee all played Interleague last year. They have all been invited to Bushies training in the past with Finnen progressing the furthest.

What is the hurry to play senior foooty when you are just out of junior footy? Their are a lot of players coming up from the Under 16 ranks that have the ability to play senior footy in time. But lets give them time to develop, grow into their bodies physically, handle the demands of thirds footy and in general become adults. The boys are all very mature however over the next 12 months they will start getting their drivers licences, some may even move out of home etc etc and their life will change enourmously. Its a big world out there and this time of life is very important and Cooch, Nicho and Wellsy have a huge responsibility in developing these players for the future. These guys are all good coaches and more importantly sensible guys who want their players to develop into quality people primarily and then the footy ability that these players have will shine through on the footy field.:cool:

Totally agree, let em develop.

saying that 8 guys coming straight out of of the u16s comp would be able to play seniors is pretty unrealistic!! 6 of then guys have never even played un u18s game at GV yet and your already saying they could play seniors GV footy...

You would be lucky to get one of them playing a game of seniors in their first year... in the last couple of years from swans Dash has played seniors one year out of 16s and he has played vic country every year, same with nomo at united, and even they had a full year in the 3rds before doing that as 15/16yr olds...

i think you might be under-estemating (spelling) the standard of GV seniors just a bit...

saying that 8 guys coming straight out of of the u16s comp would be able to play seniors is pretty unrealistic!! 6 of then guys have never even played un u18s game at GV yet and your already saying they could play seniors GV footy...

You would be lucky to get one of them playing a game of seniors in their first year... in the last couple of years from swans Dash has played seniors one year out of 16s and he has played vic country every year, same with nomo at united, and even they had a full year in the 3rds before doing that as 15/16yr olds...

i think you might be under-estemating (spelling) the standard of GV seniors just a bit...
But Normo and Dash were in pretty strong senior sides those years and that is thje situation that thses boys are in mate !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad