Official 18's GVFL Thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Offical 18's gvfl thread

Finnen, Barolli, Preece, Grant and Timothee all played Interleague last year. They have all been invited to Bushies training in the past with Finnen progressing the furthest.

What is the hurry to play senior foooty when you are just out of junior footy? Their are a lot of players coming up from the Under 16 ranks that have the ability to play senior footy in time. But lets give them time to develop, grow into their bodies physically, handle the demands of thirds footy and in general become adults. The boys are all very mature however over the next 12 months they will start getting their drivers licences, some may even move out of home etc etc and their life will change enourmously. Its a big world out there and this time of life is very important and Cooch, Nicho and Wellsy have a huge responsibility in developing these players for the future. These guys are all good coaches and more importantly sensible guys who want their players to develop into quality people primarily and then the footy ability that these players have will shine through on the footy field.:cool:

Totally agree with you merc! All 3 coaches have a huge responsibility to make sure there kids are not thrown into senior footy too early because they are good juniors! It is a big step ame even some of the best under 18 kids dont handle it ame then drop away! It is more important that there kids develop their skills and become good young men in the community!

:thumbsu: i agree with this... could anyone see the shepp bears holding their gun juniors back to have a crack at the 3rds flag?? rather than getting a majority of a senior group of the thirds players to play up. this senior group has been building for a while now.. and if they did play 'up' it is going to be a long year for the bears, in all forms.

But Normo and Dash were in pretty strong senior sides those years and that is thje situation that thses boys are in mate !!

yer but none of the 8 guys you mentioned are in the same category as what them blokes were...

at the same age Dash and Normo had already played Vic u12s, Vic Country 15s and 16s, had a full season in the GV 3rds and a full u18s bushies pre-season.. hence part of the reason they played seniors at the age they did and why next to none of the guys you mentioned will play a senior game this year.. just my opinion anyway. they/you might step up and prove me wrong and good luck i hope you do mate :thumbsu:

yer but none of the 8 guys you mentioned are in the same category as what them blokes were...

at the same age Dash and Normo had already played Vic u12s, Vic Country 15s and 16s, had a full season in the GV 3rds and a full u18s bushies pre-season.. hence part of the reason they played seniors at the age they did and why next to none of the guys you mentioned will play a senior game this year.. just my opinion anyway. they/you might step up and prove me wrong and good luck i hope you do mate :thumbsu:
i never said they would play seniors..
because the swans have a strong seniros line up

saying that 8 guys coming straight out of of the u16s comp would be able to play seniors is pretty unrealistic!! 6 of then guys have never even played un u18s game at GV yet and your already saying they could play seniors GV footy...

You would be lucky to get one of them playing a game of seniors in their first year... in the last couple of years from swans Dash has played seniors one year out of 16s and he has played vic country every year, same with nomo at united, and even they had a full year in the 3rds before doing that as 15/16yr olds...

i think you might be under-estemating (spelling) the standard of GV seniors just a bit...
Last Year United had 7 or 8 thirds players get senior games, of these on James Cullum, Friedlieb and Daniels were in there 1st year out of Under 16's or aged 16 or 17. Rendina, S Campbell, T Campbell, Bingham, were all in their last year of thirds. Friedlieb had hieght on his side, Daniels was in bushies and Cullum was just a freak show. The point I am trying to make is that it takes an exceptional footballer to crack seniors first year out of 16's. All the swan players mentioned are no doubt exceptional players. However at this stage I think Finnen would be the only one capable of cracking a senior game. The others need to mature in body and skill levels and no doubt will all be pushing in their second year.

Last Year United had 7 or 8 thirds players get senior games, of these on James Cullum, Friedlieb and Daniels were in there 1st year out of Under 16's or aged 16 or 17. Rendina, S Campbell, T Campbell, Bingham, were all in their last year of thirds. Friedlieb had hieght on his side, Daniels was in bushies and Cullum was just a freak show. The point I am trying to make is that it takes an exceptional footballer to crack seniors first year out of 16's. All the swan players mentioned are no doubt exceptional players. However at this stage I think Finnen would be the only one capable of cracking a senior game. The others need to mature in body and skill levels and no doubt will all be pushing in their second year.
Yes i totally agree

Bushies shouldnt matter... the bushranger system is not the greatest and there is some players who could be playing under 18 TAC cup football... i have no dought that nearly all the players metioned from the swans side could play senior footy and will... body wise still have a little bit to grow but all have great footy minds to adapt to the standard and play there body can play. skills from those players is at a standard of those senior footballers. the only thing stoppin them is such a strong list... Senior football can help a young player in development. football wise and as a person in society. It would not only be an honour to play senior footy as a young fella but a huge responsability..

Bushies shouldnt matter... the bushranger system is not the greatest and there is some players who could be playing under 18 TAC cup football... i have no dought that nearly all the players metioned from the swans side could play senior footy and will... body wise still have a little bit to grow but all have great footy minds to adapt to the standard and play there body can play. skills from those players is at a standard of those senior footballers. the only thing stoppin them is such a strong list... Senior football can help a young player in development. football wise and as a person in society. It would not only be an honour to play senior footy as a young fella but a huge responsability..

I would have thought a grand final in the TAC Cup at the MCG on AFL grand final day is pretty impressive.

A first, and a second round draft pick and rookies to boot would also say that they ticked those boxes too.

Runners up to the Calder Cannons who have been the benchmark for a number of years in the TAC Cup is a great achievement. The regional TAC Cup clubs also have greater logistical issues. I guess there is no pleasing some people.

Maybe you could tell us all, how they should do it.

saying that 8 guys coming straight out of of the u16s comp would be able to play seniors is pretty unrealistic!! 6 of then guys have never even played un u18s game at GV yet and your already saying they could play seniors GV footy...

You would be lucky to get one of them playing a game of seniors in their first year... in the last couple of years from swans Dash has played seniors one year out of 16s and he has played vic country every year, same with nomo at united, and even they had a full year in the 3rds before doing that as 15/16yr olds...

i think you might be under-estemating (spelling) the standard of GV seniors just a bit...

Totally agree mate.

think ur placing to much importance on playing senior footy. Thirds is the last chance u get to play with ur mates and senior footy will be there for next 5-10 years of ur career. 3-4 bottom age ky players got asked last year that said no and a couple of other bottom age players played seniors. Neither developed or made them any better players.

I would have thought a grand final in the TAC Cup at the MCG on AFL grand final day is pretty impressive.

A first, and a second round draft pick and rookies to boot would also say that they ticked those boxes too.

Runners up to the Calder Cannons who have been the benchmark for a number of years in the TAC Cup is a great achievement. The regional TAC Cup clubs also have greater logistical issues. I guess there is no pleasing some people.

Maybe you could tell us all, how they should do it.

what I mean by bushies is not the best system because there are other players out there who could play TAC cup footy but are judged on 1 or 2 pray matches... if u can get in then good luck u done well...

think ur placing to much importance on playing senior footy. Thirds is the last chance u get to play with ur mates and senior footy will be there for next 5-10 years of ur career. 3-4 bottom age ky players got asked last year that said no and a couple of other bottom age players played seniors. Neither developed or made them any better players.

Yes I agree its last chance to play mates and have some fun..a couple games of senior footy out of 36 is not going to hurt a player and help in development.. It also depends on the mind set of a person and how they handle it..for those kyabram boys its extremely hard to develop when your side is getting belted everyweek..

Yes I agree its last chance to play mates and have some fun..a couple games of senior footy out of 36 is not going to hurt a player and help in development.. It also depends on the mind set of a person and how they handle it..for those kyabram boys its extremely hard to develop when your side is getting belted everyweek..

spot on mate. us boys that got asked last year will probably play ones this year but still play a few thirds games when we play the better thirds sides because the thirds have a good chance of making finals and doing well. hopefully!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know of any practice games around Shepparton this weekend? If so, when and where?

how do u think the dees will go against tat and echuca...
IMO I think United will be very strong against both sides. Tatura will be relying on their Bushies boys in Hicks, Durwood and Buffer to field their best side on the day. I don't know if they will have enough depth to match up with the Dees. Echuca on the other hand will be stronger and match up evenly with the Dees. A lot will depend on individual availabilities and performances on the day. I think this years third's competition will be close with a lot of sides improving and not too many blow outs. From what I have heard I think Euroa will struggle and everyone else has improved. Can't wait to see the results from the split round next week.

yer well heard united have a few out so is this going to effect there performance on the night. who will the match ups be do u think

yer well heard united have a few out so is this going to effect there performance on the night. who will the match ups be do u think

if they have a few out it prob will affect their performance lol. this is a pracy match... you wont see a full strength unit out there.

alex keath to bears. wont get to many games as he plays in melbourne bu will be handy in the games he plays for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad