Official 18's GVFL Thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Offical 18's gvfl thread

i hardly think one players going to make that much of a difference especially to elevate then to favourite status when united have been well outplayed by other contenders so far this year.
with united seniors also in finals id say the good thirds would be in the seniors best side any how...

Its actually not that hard to see how they can be elevated to favourite status.. dont know how u can say that they have been well outplayed? they've only lost to 2 teams all year and one of those teams they have then gone on to beat in the later part of the year and only lost to tat by 46 points when tat nearly had a full side and united had 8 players out and had to find 3 permit players.. I think normo would make a fair difference in a gvfl u18s team.. after playin u17s all aus and vic u18s of course someone with that experience could make a fair difference

is it true he farran played aus all star team!
hes a good cricketer
i remember braden in the picola league he'd carve it up so much!

is it true he farran played aus all star team!
hes a good cricketer
i remember braden in the picola league he'd carve it up so much!

Yep pretty sure thats true... i watched that game.. at the G or telstra (cant remember) but didnt know faz back then so cant tell u how he went sorry

Its actually not that hard to see how they can be elevated to favourite status.. dont know how u can say that they have been well outplayed? they've only lost to 2 teams all year and one of those teams they have then gone on to beat in the later part of the year and only lost to tat by 46 points when tat nearly had a full side and united had 8 players out and had to find 3 permit players.. I think normo would make a fair difference in a gvfl u18s team.. after playin u17s all aus and vic u18s of course someone with that experience could make a fair difference

Losing to tat by 46 points who be a fair indication of why i said they've been out played!
for both sides these players arnt gonna change that much, and definately not a 46 point turn around. thats a wolipping!
all tats players r gonna be playing thirds n most of uniteds players r gonna be playing seniors!
yeah maybe, enough to get himself best on ground.. i doubt things will change...
united ppl just hoping for this to be the facts.

tat & echuca in a couple wks will be a good one.

Losing to tat by 46 points who be a fair indication of why i said they've been out played!
for both sides these players arnt gonna change that much, and definately not a 46 point turn around. thats a wolipping!
all tats players r gonna be playing thirds n most of uniteds players r gonna be playing seniors!
yeah maybe, enough to get himself best on ground.. i doubt things will change...
united ppl just hoping for this to be the facts.

tat & echuca in a couple wks will be a good one.
Tat are the form side at this stage. United are the only team to have beaten Echuca. At the end of the day it boils down to which ever side has the most winning positions will win the game. Tat have done this twice and have beaten the dees twice.

Tat are the form side at this stage. United are the only team to have beaten Echuca. At the end of the day it boils down to which ever side has the most winning positions will win the game. Tat have done this twice and have beaten the dees twice.
benalla beat echuca

:) Echuca thirds will finally get back 4 more players this week, all top quality and another top line player next week. All have had injuries, 1 playing seniors and will be back after 4 weeks and the player back next week will be a BIG surprise. Echuca Looking the goods. Seymour, mansfield only beaten by Echuca by 10-14 odd points but Echuca had 5 u16 players playing and have done for the last 4-5 games. Watch this space!

wat happened with echuca against shep on the weekend? did these players not come back? or are shep are better team than i thought?

wat happened with echuca against shep on the weekend? did these players not come back? or are shep are better team than i thought?
was a really good game. echuca had everyone playing besides josh straun playing apparently, with bears missing 2 of their starting 18 through injury. shepp arent as bad as people think, they have just had a bad run with injuries.

a huge positive for the bears at the moment is the form of Matt Rickards. apparently the bushies are having a real good look at him because they like his athleticsm which they beleive is needed for next years side. He kept Eljay Connors very quiet on the weekend. He looks very promising and is really in the elite of the gvfl thirds

wats every1 think about Benalla and there chances 4 finals there been playing well and with somebig names coming back

Very very well said. I saw that thread too, which was a lowly, lowly and unjustified act. No need to further mention the young fella on the end of it.

I hope kurt_11's senior coach doesn't read the GVFL senior forum because he's also stated that he is coaching poorly last season and this season. Now that his name has been exposed, I'm sure it will get back to him.

Kurt11=0

He won't be missed at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sick of hearing about kurt wots his face...lets not talk about him anymore.

my tips this week:
echuca v TATURA
mainfield v SEYMOUR
shepp united v MOOROOPNA
SHEPP SWANS v rochester
SHEPPARTON v euroa
KYABRAM v benalla

game of the round is echuca v tat will be a very tight and hard fought out match. tipping tat in a close one.
thoughts?...

sick of hearing about kurt wots his face...lets not talk about him anymore.

my tips this week:
echuca v TATURA
mainfield v SEYMOUR
shepp united v MOOROOPNA
SHEPP SWANS v rochester
SHEPPARTON v euroa
KYABRAM v benalla

game of the round is echuca v tat will be a very tight and hard fought out match. tipping tat in a close one.
thoughts?...

Echuca to beat Tat in a close one.
Mansfield to beat Seymore..
and United to beat Mooroopna...
Predicting an upset fruitbowl???

Echuca to beat Tat in a close one.
Mansfield to beat Seymore..
and United to beat Mooroopna...
Predicting an upset fruitbowl???
i don't think the echuca tat game will be an upset.
i think seymour will beat mansfield. hard to come back from a 153point thrashing...and i thought i'd tip agianst the trend and go mooroopna in the upset of the round.

i think seymour will beat mansfield. hard to come back from a 153point thrashing...and i thought i'd tip agianst the trend and go mooroopna in the upset of the round.

The tat - echuca game could go any way..
didnt realise seymore flogged mansfield.. But the game is at mansfield and they r a good side that i think could get up..
Mooroopna will have to have a 72 point turn around but it could happen!

The tat - echuca game could go any way..
didnt realise seymore flogged mansfield.. But the game is at mansfield and they r a good side that i think could get up..
Mooroopna will have to have a 72 point turn around but it could happen!

Shepp bears beat manfield at mansfield and on-one has been rating them

Seymour struggling for form at the moment having lost two on the trot and no certainty to win their last two against Mansfield and Benella. Mansfield are a tougher side at home and could get up against Seymour. Tatura are in better form then Echuca at the moment, close game. But i think Echuca will continue to get better and Tatura have been at their best for a month now. Echuca with a full squad to win by 13 points. Rochy to beat swans, Bears to flog Euroa, Benella to beat Ky and ruin their finals chances. United will easily account for Mooroopna even with 6 players out.

tat will beat echuca in a good hard game, united shood beat mooroopna, and if seymour are a genuine finals contender they shood beat mansfield over there

a huge positive for the bears at the moment is the form of Matt Rickards. apparently the bushies are having a real good look at him because they like his athleticsm which they beleive is needed for next years side. He kept Eljay Connors very quiet on the weekend. He looks very promising and is really in the elite of the gvfl thirds

must be doing preety good to be able to tag someone that hasnt played footy for 12 or so weeks.

Seymour struggling for form at the moment having lost two on the trot and no certainty to win their last two against Mansfield and Benella. Mansfield are a tougher side at home and could get up against Seymour. Tatura are in better form then Echuca at the moment, close game. But i think Echuca will continue to get better and Tatura have been at their best for a month now. Echuca with a full squad to win by 13 points. Rochy to beat swans, Bears to flog Euroa, Benella to beat Ky and ruin their finals chances. United will easily account for Mooroopna even with 6 players out.

Who will the 6 out be Demons4ever?

does any of the GV teams ever struggle for a full side or got one no matter what

Who will the 6 out be Demons4ever?
Not sure how up to date this is but last week Rendina, Campbell and Cullum were in the seniors, Normo in Bushies and a couple of injuries O'Sullivan and Wagdin? I think? Some good players there which I am sure would really make United a stronger side. I have noticed lately that United have had a few players on permits over the last 3 weeks, is this because of injuries?

does any of the GV teams ever struggle for a full side or got one no matter what
Seymour have had a fairly consistent team all year. Swans have also had the same squad most of the year ( not a very good one either). I know from reading the senior and thirds sides in the paper that Tatura, Bears, United, Benella, Euroa, Mansfield and Mooropna have all had a lot of players go through the bushies or seniors. Rochy has struggled for numbers all year. No idea what the go is at Kyabram but they seem to have the same side most weeks. Echuca have been pretty solid but have had a lot of players out with injuries who are just coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad