Official 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics - Men's Hockey thread

Remove this Banner Ad

And how many shots does each team tend to have in a game? Would it even be 10? Exciting. :thumbsu:
Sometimes more, depending on the game. I fail to see how a scoreline can dictate how exciting a game can be.

I would ask more but I dont want to drag this out into a long debate in a Hockey thread.

2-1 Slovaks.

Sometimes more, depending on the game. I fail to see how a scoreline can dictate how exciting a game can be.

I would ask more but I dont want to drag this out into a long debate in a Hockey thread.

2-1 Slovaks.
Last one. I agree low scoring games can be exciting, but nearly every single game? Gets a bit much. But yeah, we'll end it there because we could be here a while.

I'm laughing at how inept the Finns are at almost every aspect of the game.

I'm laughing at how inept the Finns are at almost every aspect of the game.
Well, I did say they don't look good 5 on 5 and struggle to score on it. They've also struggled on the PP since the German game and thats no surprise as Germany were shit!

Did Radovojevic just get done on video evidence? I don't think the refs saw it initially but saw the whack in the head on Jokinen on the replay board.

And Slovakia scores on the PK. Demitra with the SH. 3-1 Slovakia.:eek:
Linesmen are allowed to inform the Refs after the play is over of a double minor high stick. First time I saw this was in a San Jose game last season.

Linesmen are allowed to inform the Refs after the play is over of a double minor high stick. First time I saw this was in a San Jose game last season.
I'm not sure that the linesman even was sure about it. He chased after Jokinen to have a look at his cheek and then went and saw the ref. He might have seen something but I don't know how much he saw.

Finns get some help by the undiscipline play of the Slovaks and a mistake by Halak.

Kipper with some grand theft larsony late on and then helped by the post. I couldn't even see Kipper late on in that game there was that many bodies infront of the net.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone confirm that it is 0715 Monday Melbourne time? And if so, what channel? Nein, or one of the Foxtel channels (which I haven't paid for)?
Foxtel will be live, Nine wont be apparently. Live it starts 7:15 Melb.

I cannot believe on the last day of the Olympics, the much anticipated USA/Canada Gold medal game, Nine will be showing the Today show instead. Yes that's right, the Today show. :rolleyes:

They have done it with grand slam finals and final round of golf majors. Doesn't surprise me at all.

So the only way to see the Ice Hockey final is to get a $10 day pass for channel 189 - Creekside?

I will probably do this.

Schedule says 7:10 - 10:15 in the morning, and repeated 3 times during the day.

So the only way to see the Ice Hockey final is to get a $10 day pass for channel 190 - Vancouver?

I will probably do this.
That is to see it live and uninterrupted without annoyance. If you want to watch it delayed. Nine will show it after the today show (as far as I know, I am not certain) and interrupted with ads (since it is delayed).

Some of us a) want to watch sport live, and b) have day jobs. I could watch it live and get to work a little late but it doesn't look like I have that option. Stupid Optus Customer Service is only open M-F 8-7 and Sa 9-5 :rolleyes:. Why the **** do I need to actually talk to someone to book PPV? Even the Foxtel system is stupid, where it allows you to purchase via a home phone connection. Um, hello, some of us don't need, want or have a home phone.

**** :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Official 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics - Men's Hockey thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back