Official attendance figures at AAMI - are we being had?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, my understanding is we write them a cheque to make up the projected revenue shortfall budgeted for a crowd of 27,000. It's something like that anyway.

Surely we just pay the actual revenue shortfall based on actual catering sales don't we?

It seems silly that theoretically we could get 20k but everyone pays for parking, buys two hotdogs and two iced coffees and we have to pay for a 7k attendance shortfall, but we could get 30k and nobody parks or buys any food and we pay nothing.

There is no way the was only 21,700 there yesterday. The members was thin but you had about 2,000 in the northern stand ie about 1/3rd full which is bigger than normal on a dry day.

I parked in Matthews Street and it was a fair walk before I hit Frederick road because the backstreets were pretty full with cars. I expected a decent crowd and as I didn't get there before 3-45 I figured wouldn't waste time with the SANFL car park. Max Basheer Reserve was 90% full 20 minutes before bounce down and there was a fair few cars parked up in the Hangar/Shed section.

The club should get a print out from the SANFL and publish those members passes that were scanned and put them on the club's website and we do a members audit and see who was missed.

Our match day cost/ catering guaranteed revenue is dependent on crowd numbers. Andy D's bonus is driven by crowd numbers. Is Leigh and the boys trying to stuff Andy D's bonus?

I dont know whether they're trying to stuff Vlad's bonus but I think a strong case can be made for "skimming" - over time this would certainly add up to a substantial amount of money. Would definately be a plug-able leak of revenue IMO.

Was definately around 24-25. I watched it on FoxtelIQ recorded, because I had to work. When I was looking around at the crowd I said 24-25k. Less bay covers and a pretty dense crowd most of the way around. When I heard 21,000 I thought there is absolutely no way. I've been to a few 21,000 games and the place looks borderline empty.

Absolutely wrong figures.

A few things - there were 8 bay covers there yesterday. We usually have 12, correct?
My membership card didn't even scan if you can believe it! I showed the guy and he just pressed some button twice which allowed the turn still to accept me. Not sure if that means I was counted or not but I wonder if anyone else had that problem?
Gold Coast game had 21k to it as well and the eastern wing was much fuller than it was last year even with the less amount of bay covers.
The $NAFL are up to something again :thumbsdown:

I had one of the longest walks I have had to have at the footy after parking my car, I was late though.
But in the stadium when I got there I would have expected not too shy of 24/25K. I was surprised when I saw the 21K

Myself and my daughter went over to Bay 113 right on the other side of the members fence after half time yesterday.

I've been there before with a crowd in the low 20's and you could nearly all lie sideways and not have a problem. I had to struggle through more people than normal to get some seats though last night.

Surely it must have been upwards of 23-25k.

I'd love to see some pics of the ground during a past 21k attendance game for reference.

would not hurt to raise awareness in the media, give triple M a call about it, would mention 5AA but there would be no point

...... Is Leigh and the boys trying to stuff Andy D's bonus?
Leigh and the boys are looking after Leigh and the boys. They given even less of a toss about Andy D than they do about the PAFC. The sooner we are completely free of those parasites the better.

There are auditors around who can do a retrospective count based on TV footage and estimates on what percentage are actually in their seat at any one time - takes about an hour and remarkably accurate - used in Europe quite often I understand.

Reason is that team split the gate a lot more than they do here, in some cases as low as 60-40, and reporting low numbers actually helps the home team keep more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

would not hurt to raise awareness in the media, give triple M a call about it, would mention 5AA but there would be no point

Cornes is having a dig about low attendance today.

Was definately around 24-25. I watched it on FoxtelIQ recorded, because I had to work. When I was looking around at the crowd I said 24-25k. Less bay covers and a pretty dense crowd most of the way around. When I heard 21,000 I thought there is absolutely no way. I've been to a few 21,000 games and the place looks borderline empty.

Absolutely wrong figures.

I posted something similar in another thread - agree completely.

When other posters complain that the catering supplies ran out and they parked further away than usual, it tells you something.

Imagine the catering para$ites running out of supplies - unheard of and FFS $4.50 for a bottle of frigging water - wholesale cost of $0.50???

I posted something similar in another thread - agree completely.

When other posters complain that the catering supplies ran out and they parked further away than usual, it tells you something.

Imagine the catering para$ites running out of supplies - unheard of and FFS $4.50 for a bottle of frigging water - wholesale cost of $0.50???
What bought upon the large increase in prices for hot chips and drinks? FFS it was $5 for hot chips. I looked like an idiot waiting for change after giving the guy 5 bucks until he said the price was now $5! Coke is $4.80. $ANFL catering and get stuffed now. Better off going to westfield before arvo games these days

There is no way the was only 21,700 there yesterday. The members was thin but you had about 2,000 in the northern stand ie about 1/3rd full which is bigger than normal on a dry day.

I parked in Matthews Street and it was a fair walk before I hit Frederick road because the backstreets were pretty full with cars. I expected a decent crowd and as I didn't get there before 3-45 I figured wouldn't waste time with the SANFL car park. Max Basheer Reserve was 90% full 20 minutes before bounce down and there was a fair few cars parked up in the Hangar/Shed section.

The club should get a print out from the SANFL and publish those members passes that were scanned and put them on the club's website and we do a members audit and see who was missed.

Our match day cost/ catering guaranteed revenue is dependent on crowd numbers. Andy D's bonus is driven by crowd numbers. Is Leigh and the boys trying to stuff Andy D's bonus?

The bolded bit is the key to this whole stadium/SNAFL issue.

The premium that we pay for stadium membership (about $150 over a comparable season ticket) helps fund the SNAFL adminstration fat cats - and the overall impact including the drop off on Cat 1 (all) & 2 (hybrids) has really hit hard in previous seasons and seems to have continued this season irrespective of the additional advertising that has been done to increase sales.

Hopefully the running out of food/drinks just means the SANFL are ordering less. This would mean we won't have to make up the shortfall if not enough is bought. I believe that was one area we have been losing money?

I thought the crowd was around 27k but I am horrible at judging these things. Looked fuller than normal and with less bay covers.

A former Adelaide board member once told me he was aware that the SANFL used to understate the gate in order to retain more funds and not pass it on to the AFL. Looks like they are hiking up the scam now they only have two years left.

Soon the match report will read:

Port 21.13 (139)
Adelaide. 11.11 (77)

Crowd: Leigh, Max and a bloke called Kierkegaard who just sat there biting the heads off whippets.

BS for ages now.

I remember R1 2009 against the Bombers when the "official" crowd was 28,000 or so yet there was definitely 30 and above!

However, I think it may have worked the other way too. A cold game against WCE drew a crowd of about 14,000 when it was more like 359.

For this week's game - it felt like 24,000.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official attendance figures at AAMI - are we being had?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back