Status
Not open for further replies.

demonfan9

Premiership Player
Oct 3, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Melbourne
Thought it would be a good idea to have a thread dedicated to player contracts. There is always speculation on who we should delist, who needs to be re-signed, and so on, yet there is no common resource for checking the status of our players contracts. So hopefully we can keep this thread regularly updated. If you have any links to articles relating to a player contract, please post them in this thread and I will eventually add them to the opening post.

Confirmed De-Listing

Daniel Bell
Kyle Cheney (Traded to Hawthorn with pick 66 for pick 52).
James McDonald (Retired)
Brad Miller

Contracted to End of 2010

Cameron Bruce (Veteran)
Rhys Healey (Rookie)
Danny Hughes (Rookie)
John Meesen (Rookie)
Michael Newton (Rookie)

Contracted to End of 2011

Dean Bailey (Coach)
Jake Fitzpatrick
Max Gawn
Brad Green
Jordan Gysberts
Addam Maric
Stefan Martin
Cale Morton
Tom Scully
Colin Sylvia
Austin Wonaeamirri

Contracted to End of 2012

Rohan Bail
Clint Bartram
Matthew Bate
Jamie Bennell
Sam Blease
Lynden Dunn
Colin Garland
Mark Jamar
Neville Jetta
Nathan Jones
Liam Jurrah
Jordan McKenzie (Upgraded to Senior List)
Brent Moloney
Ricky Petterd
Jared Rivers
Jake Spencer (Upgraded to senior list)
James Strauss
Luke Tapscott
Jack Trengove

Contracted to End of 2013

Aaron Davey
Jack Grimes
Jack Watts

Contracted to End of 2014

James Frawley

Unknown

Tom McNamara (contracted but dates not specified)
Paul Johnson
Joel Macdonald (Will be contracted, likely 3 year till which takes him to end of 2012. Need a source)
Matthew Warnock (Schwab said on twitter he is contracted past 2010, don't know how long for).

Keep in mind that these articles might not be the most recent ones (i.e. the McLean one is from October 2007, but who knows if he has signed a new contract since). So if you spot something that seems wrong, let me know. Cheers.

Bell till the end of next yr i think??

everyone is saying that, but unless he got a 1 year or 3 year contract along the way somewhere (I doubt it) he should be out of contract at the end of this season...

given all the draftees receive a standard 2 year deal, all the following players are contracted till the end of 2010

Jack Watts
Sam Blease
James Strauss
Jamie Bennell
Neville Jetta
Rohan Bail
Liam Jurrah *

* given Stef Martin just signed a new deal, you'd imagine LJ got a 2 year deal when picked up in the PSD like Stef did, so we can add him to the 2010 group...

looking at the 2007 draft, the following players are yet to re-sign this year if I'm correct, and would therefore currently be out of contract come seasons end?

Addam Maric
Kyle Cheney
Tom McNamara

Does anyone think Petterd may be on the GC radar seeing as though he's a local boy?

Would be a shame to let him slip through as the 'free' un-contracted player they get from Melbourne if they want at the end of 2010, especially given his recent form and glimpses of potential.

Does anyone think Petterd may be on the GC radar seeing as though he's a local boy?

Would be a shame to let him slip through as the 'free' un-contracted player they get from Melbourne if they want at the end of 2010, especially given his recent form and glimpses of potential.

The bastard better re-sign seeing as the club doctors saved his life last year.

I'm not particularly worried about losing players to the GC.

I think AFL players are generally pretty loyal and we'll keep hold of all our players.

Flash hasn't been signed up yet but he's very loyal to this club and will definitely stay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no way that Davey will walk out on us.

It's the end of next year that the GC take an uncontracted player yeah?

There are some good players coming out of contract at the end of 2010. I'd like to sign up Petterd nice and quickly.

Without a doubt- he'd definitely be on their radar.

As Dez said he'd be 6 feet under if it weren't for our docs so that oughta count for something!

We still need clarification on the following:

Simon Buckley
Clint Bartram
Paul Johnson
Colin Sylvia
Lynden Dunn
Daniel Bell
Brent Moloney
John Meesen
Jared Rivers
Cameron Bruce
Austin Wonaeamirri
Matthew Warnock
Mark Jamar

We still need clarification on the following:
Trent Zomer
Jake Spencer
Jordan McKenzie

Both rookies, along with Valenti... Spencer and Valents are both at the end of their 2nd year, so they need to be promoted to the senior list, or released into the draft, where we could draft them if we wish.

McKenzie along with Danny Hughes and Rhys Healey are 1st year rookies, so they can be released, retained on the rookie list or promoted to the senior list...

Pretty sure Bruce is contracted till the end of next season, not sure about the others, I would only be making educated guesses...

Hopefully he is coming out of contract so we can delist him.

Its bad enough that we still have Newton and Bell under contract.

Halfway through this year i would have agreed, since he came back aginst Geelong Round 16/17) he has played his best footy for the club. MacDonald playing may hurt his chances for a place in the side as they are both very similar players. Wouldn't mind seing him go back to his tagging role in the midfield.

just a little correction... you have Danny Hughes, Jordie McKenzie and Rhys Healey contracted till the end of 2010...

As rookies, unless you're drafted from interstate, you only receive a one year contract, with an extension of a 2nd year... So these guys should really be in the 2009 category...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back