Official Contracts Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From The Age this morning...

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...g-about-a-future-together-20100814-1245s.html

Watts and Demons talking about a future together

MELBOURNE has opened contract negotiations with Jack Watts, and the emerging forward appears headed for a hefty pay rise.

The Demons and Watts' manager, Paul Connors, had amicably put discussions on hold until the No. 1 pick from the 2008 national draft had recovered from a slow start to the season and been able to consistently play senior football.

F*** I love seeing that list with Frawley signed up till 2014.

RE Matty Warnock, unsure about his contract situation, but in another thread there was something about him being a 'team leader' for the trip to China?
Warnock is too valuable as depth to let go unsigned. Whether someone comes in with a trade offer is another question.

The Jamar re-signing was the big one this year IMO. Had to get him locked down.

Just heard from a mate that Newton is being kept on for another year. Not the biggest news story of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My opinion on that Bate-Dunn-Newton draft crop changes every year, has looked sublime at times, horrid at others. Who would have thought a couple of years ago that of those three, only Dunn would have a spot in the Best 22 come the end of 2010?

As long as Newton is kept on the rookie list, I could stomach it. We aren't exactly rolling around in rucking talent after the Russian and it's early days for big Max.

i like what melbourne has done with green frawley grimes and davey, locking em into very large contracts. Great news!

Bruce has reportedly asked for a 2 year deal melbourne is only giving him 1. Jordie Mckenzie is not being talked about in trade week so guaranteed he is signed on for next year or we will upgrade him via the draft

Seems that leaves Scully, Morton, The CELEBRATOR and Sylvia as the only key Dees with contracts expiring at end 2011 (and therefore potential GWS targets).

My preference would be to sign Scully to a 10 year deal with 5 year option to extend.

I think it is pretty clear none will leave that we dont want to. Jordie Mckenzie was attempted lured by adelaide or apparently more than money melbourne is giving him plus petterd signed on the bottom line in favour of gold coast, and he was one of the rumoured.

Melbourne players want to be at Melbourne. The culture is fantastic. Brock was pushed, CJ was never gonna get another game at Melbourne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back