List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Dangerfield + Pick 50 for Picks 9, 28 and Dean Gore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That will do, we'll play nice and you can keep the other 3.

37700525.jpg

I'll be back here when that doesn't happen.

Geelong chased a trade to pick Cockatoo hard. We arent going to trade him a year after drafting him. You dont let Wells chase a draft pick that hard just to watch it walk out the door a year later, it's simply not going to happen.

Geelong chased a trade to pick Cockatoo hard. We arent going to trade him a year after drafting him. You dont let Wells chase a draft pick that hard just to watch it walk out the door a year later, it's simply not going to happen.
I wasn't being serious about Cockatoo. I'm just mocking Cats fans in here that think we won't be matching, and that a deal hasn't already been brokered. 2 first rounders and a player (who I don't know at this stage - Gregson, Murdoch, Gore?).

That will do, we'll play nice and you can keep the other 3.
Save yourself the heartbreak and give up any thoughts of getting your hands anywhere near Cockatoo... that's delusion at its finest.

I wasn't being serious about Cockatoo. I'm just mocking Cats fans in here that think we won't be matching, and that a deal hasn't already been brokered. 2 first rounders and a player (who I don't know at this stage - Gregson, Murdoch, Gore?).
You're dreaming... again.

Get it into your head, you aren't getting that.
The MOST the Cats COULD give you would be 2 first rounders, and that is Geelong being bent over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bent over? Two first rounders is us being bent over.

Why?
Cats got 2 LATE first rounders for a bloke the same age, who had won 2 flags, 1 Brownlow, 3 in a row MVPs, multiple All Australians and was regarded as one of the greatest players ever.
But you expect what is effectively double that for a bloke who until last night only had a few All Australians to his name?
Danger is a good player, bloody good player, but he certainly isn't a once in a generation Champion.
Wake up champ.

He also said in his speech last night he hopes a fair TRADE gets done

He used the word arrangement, not trade, and said he hoped both clubs would receive a fair outcome.

Arrangement could mean Adelaide get increased compo.

Someone on the Crows board suggesting we should trade Cockatoo and Guthrie to Melbourne for pick 6 and then trade pick 6 and 9 to them for Dangerfield.

That's pick 9, Cockatoo and Guthrie for Dangerfield.

#headexploding

And the only way that happens is through a trade. The AFL wont be getting involved (increasing compensation)

Why not?

Clearly Adelaide has been in talks with the AFL about potential compo for a long time. If Paddy snags the Brownlow tomorrow I daresay there are clear grounds for increased compo - a reigning Brownlow medalist and B&F winner, turning his back on huge offers to come home and play for under market value? It's a situation far removed from Buddy's Sydney deal.

FWIW, I think the a deal will be done and it will be something like our first round this year and second round next year. Adelaide fans will be unhappy that's all you get, and Geelong fans will be upset we had to trade anything in the first place.

Someone on the Crows board suggesting we should trade Cockatoo and Guthrie to Melbourne for pick 6 and then trade pick 6 and 9 to them for Dangerfield.

That's pick 9, Cockatoo and Guthrie for Dangerfield.

#headexploding

They are pretty special over there mate...
It is absolutely all about the inferiority complex most SA people have over Victoria.
It is a little sad to be honest.

They are pretty special over there mate...
It is absolutely all about the inferiority complex most SA people have over Victoria.
It is a little sad to be honest.

Even if Danger WASN'T a RFA and even if Danger WASN'T out of contract and even if Danger HADN'T publicly said he wants to play for Geelong, I still wouldn't even contemplate that deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back