List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Dangerfield + Pick 50 for Picks 9, 28 and Dean Gore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't being serious about Cockatoo. I'm just mocking Cats fans in here that think we won't be matching, and that a deal hasn't already been brokered. 2 first rounders and a player (who I don't know at this stage - Gregson, Murdoch, Gore?).

Sorry but a player will not be traded. Draft picks yes, players NO.

Don't pretend to care about the freedom of movement when we are clearly gonna trade him to geelong anyway......this is just based on your club wanting him for cheap and possibly not getting your way

Sorry but where have THE CLUB stated that they want to get him for cheap? As far as i know they havent commented AT ALL on Dangerfield yet.

He also said in his speech last night he hopes a fair TRADE gets done
If you are going to quote someone and capitalise a word to emphasise it.... you probably need to actually quote what was said

Not what you wanted to hear

Don't forget, Adelaide can make any offer they like within the salary cap and not be bound by reality because Dangerfield won't take it anyway. They could offer ludicrous money just to force Geelong's hand, it doesn't really matter. Whatever offer we make on the other hand, we will have to follow-through with.
Ah if Adel match they have to prove they have the cap to make that offer, they can't just match it to force us to offer more.

Arrangement

Flog

1 player moving between 2 clubs. The 2 clubs in question negotiate a suitable 'arrangement' to enable that transfer to occur. What other form of arrangement could there be that ends up with Patty at Geelong and also satisfies the AFL's rules on player movements. Hanging a hat on that word is a little odd, considering that there's really not anything else that it could reasonably infer.

1 player moving between 2 clubs. The 2 clubs in question negotiate a suitable 'arrangement' to enable that transfer to occur. What other form of arrangement could there be that ends up with Patty at Geelong and also satisfies the AFL's rules on player movements. Hanging a hat on that word is a little odd, considering that there's really not anything else that it could reasonably infer.
Keep dreaming

He also said in his speech last night he hopes a fair TRADE gets done

The deal will be the 2 first round picks (2015 and 2016), I am about 99% certain of it.
I want to see proof where the crows have the funds to match the offer. Didn't Tex sign a 3yr deal of late and said he is happy for Dangerfield to go. I'd call Fagan's bluff!

All contracts are filed with the AFL so they would already know exactly how much cap space each club has.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dangerfield is already being paid around what Geelong are offering him.

The deal will be the 2 first round picks (2015 and 2016), I am about 99% certain of it.

All contracts are filed with the AFL so they would already know exactly how much cap space each club has.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dangerfield is already being paid around what Geelong are offering him.
So you know the offer? Strange as it hasn't been announced yet

So in the fairness of reasoned discussion, can you please explain to me, and ill happily play the dumb one here, how exactly a player like Cocky, but anyone could be used at this point, that has recently re-signed with Geelong (and presumably their action of re-signing indicates a willingness and happiness to remain at GFC) will now magically become a willing tradable asset in this alleged mega trade for PD.

Picks I could see - but that is for another post. Happy to hear any reasonable explanation. Discuss.

GO Catters

It can't. There's no way that forcing an unwilling player out for a defined replacement would be a productive decision. We did it with Vince to get a draft pick and that's bad enough. No club would do it as part of a trade scenario these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dwayne Russell seems to suggest it's Geelong's first pick this year and the 2016 first round pick.

I can;t believe people take Derrrwayne's word as gospel, yet everyone else who reported Danger was going to leave was a "gutter journo"

Only going by what has been alleged. Everyone has suggested that Geelong have a set pay structure and are unwilling to compromise it and that Dangerfield will be paid less than Selwood.
Then how can you be confident you will match or if Paddy is being paid nearly the same amount anyway?

Not smart are you?

I'm 100% sure you'll get pick 14 only

What's the run down?

Nothing new really. Negotiations happening behind closed doors, he isnt involved. He thinks it's all being handled more amicably than some in the media want to make it out to be.

They showed a potential round 1 2016 team, they had Taylor lining up in the forward line with Vardy, Clark and Hawk...which is strange. Duncan starts on the bench, Blicavs in the ruck. I think he was restrained in that he didnt laugh hysterically at it after seeing it on screen.

Then at the end they spent time reminding us that Chris and Brad are bro's, which never gets old...

If we are silly enough to cough off two first round draft picks, given the strong position we are in, then some serious questions need to be asked. I understand the Crows may match the offer, but we still hold all the cars here. We need to offer something like a first rounder and a second rounder and that's it. They need to Understand they aren't going to get "market value", they need to meet us half way. This is all moot at the moment anyway. They won't know whether they can match the offer until they've actually seen it. Unless Geelong have already told them what it'll be and that trade discussions are under way as we speak.

Then how can you be confident you will match or if Paddy is being paid nearly the same amount anyway?

Not smart are you?

I personally think there's a chance that Patty will be getting a bit more than $850k. But if this is the case, then Geelong don't want the offer tabled because it tends to becomes public knowledge and may contravene your clubs stated salary cap system. I'm a bit of a conspiracy theorist though.

The guy is the most self centered ego centric footballer I've seen. Buyer beware.
tredrea-5668856.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back