Official Delistings So Far

Remove this Banner Ad

Very unhappy about Phillips. Any chance of him going back on the rookie list?

Can't see the point of that. He clearly has more natural talent that most who play each week in Canberra. His delisting suggests either they don't think he'll ever have the body to play senior football or it reflects the disciplinary issues that were rumoured earlier in the year.

Have to say I'm a little surprised at his axing. There are a couple of others I'd have chopped first.

I think the writing was on the block when he had a very good patch through the middle of the season and wasn't even selected as an emergency. Very sad and I don't think he'll be picked up by another club.

Seeing we have 2 delisting threads, figure I'll double post. :)

Very pleased that Moore was retained, I thought he might be on the chopping block.

I can understand the Doyle delisting, but it does leave us very little cover in ruck, unless Playfair is seen as a back up.

Everiitt will be 34 in May next year, Currie has played very little football this year and is still only 18, so presumably Rowe (rather than Shaw I assume) will be retained (in some form or another).

its a shame to see them get delisted

i remember when Luke Vogels knocked me over when i was coming out of the bathrooms he was so sweet he helped me up & kept saying how sorry he was and that he should have been watching where he was going and then said thanx for supporting the swannies awwww

I don't think Moore was ever in danger of being delisted. I would delist Brabazon and Thornton before him.

Yes they probably see Playfair as an emergency ruckman now. He was actually playing in the ruck when King went down in the 05 SF.

I don't think Moore was ever in danger of being delisted. I would delist Brabazon and Thornton before him.

Yes they probably see Playfair as an emergency ruckman now. He was actually playing in the ruck when King went down in the 05 SF.

My concern with Moore was that he had only played 2 games (rds 5 & 6 ) this year and in the second he got virtually no game time.

I was working overseas for the second half of the season so only saw tapes of the firsts and obviously saw no ressies and even though Moore played well enough to win the Mulrooney medal (as did Spriggs last year), he didn't seem to be getting close to the firsts, so I feared his cards had been marked.

Poor old Stephen Doyle. He was always a very capable back-up ruckman. Extremely reliable.......to be out with some injury or another. Never really got the chance to realise his potential, and I think he did well to stick it out for so long, whilst getting so few extended injury-free periods and opportunities.
They must think Daniel Currie is progressing very well, so hopefully this is a positive move. My only worry is now who the next player will be to follow in the limping footsteps of guys like Heath James, Ryan Fitzgerald and Stephen Doyle, willing to suffer 50% of the teams injuries themselves?

Oldman-pop's word is always good, so I'll assume these are factual.

None of them are particularly surprising, but as noted by someone above Doyle's axing leaves us vulnerable in the ruck. I can only assume that this means a ruckman will be picked up with one of our first two draft selections.

Oldman-pop, do you know if Barry and O'Loughlin will be moved 'outside' the senior list next year? If so, then no more delistings are likely. Three rookie promotions (Barlow, Brennan and Jack), three draft selections and two trades will be offset by two players traded, four delisted and two placed on the external veteran's list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oldman-pop, do you know if Barry and O'Loughlin will be moved 'outside' the senior list next year? If so, then no more delistings are likely. Three rookie promotions (Barlow, Brennan and Jack), three draft selections and two trades will be offset by two players traded, four delisted and two placed on the external veteran's list.

I like the sound of Barlow, Brennan and Jack being elevated. Barlow is going to be a greta player and i have a good feeling about Brennan. I also want to see Jack in the team as the players with Rugby League backgrounds are usually good tacklers and he showed that he has abit of skill aswell.

In terms or ruckman. I hope we use pick 11 on a KPP defender/ or a great talent that has slid.

26 on a developing ruckman, maybe a Bellchambers.

They will probably go best player available but A KPP defender and ruck back up sounds good. There should be a decent ruckman left by our second pick. I hope this means that Schmidt and Moore get more games. I'm disappointed about Vogels going but the pressure is now on Grundy to perform.

Wow.....no vogels next year my boys loved him he was sweet. Not really a surprise just hope it wouldnt come to it. :thumbsdown: Not looking to informing my boys wen they get home.

Sounded about right. Though I thought Phillips had a chance to stay after Schneider was traded. I also thought that Thornton, being bottom aged, maight be delisted then re-rookied.

I guess now we have to wait and see how many of our rookies are retained/elevated/released. Now that we picked up Playfair, it'll be interesting to see whether we elevate or let go of Brennan.

They've had their chance. Lets get some new blood onto the list

how have they had a chance...the likes of simpkin and phillips didnt get a chance well phllips only played 5 games but simpkin didnt get a go..hard 2 delist someone without giving them a real go

how have they had a chance...the likes of simpkin and phillips didnt get a chance well phllips only played 5 games but simpkin didnt get a go..hard 2 delist someone without giving them a real go

Unfortunaatley its the way things go. Someone has to make way on the list. The system is designed to turn players over, and sadly, they had to go.

In terms or ruckman. I hope we use pick 11 on a KPP defender/ or a great talent that has slid.

26 on a developing ruckman, maybe a Bellchambers.

I seriously doubt Bellchambers will slide to 26, heres hoping...

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Delistings So Far

Remove this Banner Ad

Back