Official Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Good start.

Allen a little unlucky considering he was coming off a knee reco, I thought he was worth another year, but I guess his size counted against him and Byrnes (similar stature) being promoted wouldn't have helped his cause.

also, is anyone at all surprised that we didn’t get any trade worked out for spriggs?? how costly the decision to play him in the qualifying final has proven to be. I know hind sight is a wonderful thing but how many of us said at the time that he shouldn’t be played?? it was just a bloody mystery how he wasn’t promoted when he was playing well in the 2’s, and then it was decided that we might as well put him up in a final when the pressure is really on.

jmain14 said:
also, is anyone at all surprised that we didn’t get any trade worked out for spriggs?? how costly the decision to play him in the qualifying final has proven to be. I know hind sight is a wonderful thing but how many of us said at the time that he shouldn’t be played?? it was just a bloody mystery how he wasn’t promoted when he was playing well in the 2’s, and then it was decided that we might as well put him up in a final when the pressure is really on.
I doubt either way he would have had people trade for him, he will no doubt be picked up in the preseason draft.

I am not sure why we only made two official delistings maybe it depends on whether Ben Graham stays or goes on who else is delisted. e.g. if he goes delist a player like Slade or Thurley and if he stays delist a Loats or McCarthy.

I am stilll perplexed why they only delisted two, I could understand 3 and waiting for the fourth but not 2 with a further two to go.

Robin Hood said:
I am stilll perplexed why they only delisted two, I could understand 3 and waiting for the fourth but not 2 with a further two to go.

4 in total, the rookie list players still count. we had 44 on both lists and still have (as you note) 2 more to get back to 38.

Graham may be a thought to them (however I still think he will play one more year).

worthogs said:
4 in total, the rookie list players still count. we had 44 on both lists and still have (as you note) 2 more to get back to 38.

Graham may be a thought to them (however I still think he will play one more year).
I mentioned Graham because whether Graham goes or stays might affect the type of players they delist.

2 more to go... has to be Loats and either Slade, Rooke, Rahilly or Thurley. Providing that Graham stays (he better) then my bet is probably Thurley unless we are keen of picking up more players in the draft.

grimace58 said:
2 more to go... has to be Loats and either Slade, Rooke, Rahilly or Thurley. Providing that Graham stays (he better) then my bet is probably Thurley unless we are keen of picking up more players in the draft.
Rooke won't go. It is Loats plus hopefully Thurley AND Slade. I'd like to see both dropped. i'd keep rahilly.

Robin Hood said:
I mentioned Graham because whether Graham goes or stays might affect the type of players they delist.

True but I doubt it. If he goes they still will drop Loats as he is a Hawthorn hack dud If he stays they will get rid of Loats, as he is a Hawthorn hack dud

worthogs said:
True but I doubt it. If he goes they still will drop Loats as he is a Hawthorn hack dud If he stays they will get rid of Loats, as he is a Hawthorn hack dud
Perhaps another KPP like McCarthy will get scraped if Graham stays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Catman said:
Not very costly. We got flogged by 9 goals and barely had two players who could hold their heads high. Not his fault we lost.

I think he was moreso referring to his trade value.

phatandphreaky said:
I think he was moreso referring to his trade value.

Yeah, your probably right.

The same comment applies though. Clubs know his weaknesses and I can't see that his efforts in it did his chances of going to another club any further damage.

Catman said:
Yeah, your probably right.

The same comment applies though. Clubs know his weaknesses and I can't see that his efforts in it did his chances of going to another club any further damage.
He will get picked up tho even tho he is a hack. Someone will take him, someone is stupid enough. Maybe St Kilda because I heard Aaron Hamill punches donuts so maybe him and Spriggs could tag team Lenny Hayes or something.

Catman said:
Not very costly. We got flogged by 9 goals and barely had two players who could hold their heads high. Not his fault we lost.
yeah thanks phat, you are right - was just referring to trade value. I understand that spriggs wasn't the reason we lost that game, however what I was suggesting was that playing him may have cost us a trade.

his ordinary skills were out there for all clubs to see yet I still think that some clubs would have rated him prior to the game. I would actually venture to say that it may have cost us brent moloney or at least our first selection at 16. who knows?? maybe pick 16 and spriggs could have been enough for ottens...

in the end, richmond may not have had a choice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back