Official - Eddie has the job

Remove this Banner Ad

Fez

Rookie
Sep 19, 2003
Looks like Collingwood may need a new president, and the footy show will probably die a slow death without him.

At least it means no more Eddie commentating on Collingwood games.

Fez said:
Looks like Collingwood may need a new president, and the footy show will probably die a slow death without him.

At least it means no more Eddie commentating on Collingwood games.
Link?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Qsaint said:
What has he actually run? A football club, which he admitedly he has done Ok at, but this is not a listed Business

President of a board and CEO of that company are not even in the same book.

He is a Television presenter, he is charasmatic, he loves his Pies.But he has never run a business before at any level, even a small business.

I wonder if he will be made the scapegoat for the demise in the ratings.

jmerino said:
President of a board and CEO of that company are not even in the same book.

He is a Television presenter, he is charasmatic, he loves his Pies.But he has never run a business before at any level, even a small business.

I wonder if he will be made the scapegoat for the demise in the ratings.

I realise that, it showed eddy didn't when he said he'd still try to run 3 tv shows. At Collingwood he'd have what 40 employees and 40 odd players with a turnover of 25/30 million. In the scheme of things thats still a small business.

At chanel 9 1000's of employees, billion dollar turnover and he actually has to run it day to day, invent the strategies and big picture idea's; all he had to do at collingwood was get a few sponsors on board and run a tighter ship, turnup once a week

Qsaint said:
What has he actually run? A football club, which he admitedly he has done Ok at, but this is not a listed Business
We're not just a football club, we're the football Club! :p

Don't make out like being a CEO is rocket science. It's about making "common sense" decisions and using your resources, both human and monetary, well.

A tenner says he does it at least as well as any import would!

FIGJAM said:
We're not just a football club, we're the football Club! :p

Don't make out like being a CEO is rocket science. It's about making "common sense" decisions and using your resources, both human and monetary, well.

A tenner says he does it at least as well as any import would!

Like your optimism, I have worked in both large and small businesses, and it seems to me Eddie is very much the small bussiness type

bye eddie !! the lions will miss you badly !! (not) footy show may even be worth a look now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official - Eddie has the job

Remove this Banner Ad

Back