Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

bradrowe#32 said:
Should be interesting to see how they go Travvy. Adding those guys to the Campbell brothers, Hall and the others should form a good combination.

However, they have had pretty talented teams before, but haven't done much good. Have they actually made the finals in the last 20 years (after their back to back in the mid 80's)?

1990 I believe was their last finals appearance.

BTW Rowey, why weren't you in class yesterday! :p

Keen to know peoples views on the ex Syemour forward Patrick Rattray. How did he hold up during the year with both performance and fitness? would he be a reliable recruit and does anyone know if or where he's playing this year?

Con Kreteshoez said:
Keen to know peoples views on the ex Syemour forward Patrick Rattray. How did he hold up during the year with both performance and fitness? would he be a reliable recruit and does anyone know if or where he's playing this year?

I believe big Patty is playing with Bendigo bombers this year, or at least, I'm confident he completed pre-season with them..I think most supporters from Seymour would have been reasonably happy with how he performed last year. He seemed to relish being the 3rd or 4th string forward, the year before he played at Avenel and didn't play as relaxed when he was the main focal point.

Not sure how reliable he'd be, but no doubt any club outside of VFL level would be happy to have him onboard. Can take a big grab and knows where the sticks are..

GVFLFAN said:
Your a Goose Champ!!! Hilton is flying along with the rest of the Euroa Players!!! Doubt Hilton if you dare i reckon!!! Bring on Round One!!!!

What makes you think that i'm from seymour???
I'm actually one of happy's mates.

Patty Ratray was last year voted the best looking player to play in the GVFL. to bad he's not playing in the GVFL anymore because i reckon he would still keep his title

Seeking Glory said:
Didn't say you were from seymor!!! Just found it strange that you would bag Hilt's when he is flying at the moment!!! Will be hard to stop!!!

Seeking Glory said:

Sure you're one of Happys mates...

No one said you were from seymour dipsh i t, they didnt have to you've given yourself up there...

Seeking Glory said:
Doubt whether you are one of happy's mates. If you are one of happy's so called mates, where is he now?

FOOTYBOSS said:
Doubt whether you are one of happy's mates. If you are one of happy's so called mates, where is he now?

Where you been FOOTYBOSS round 1 is fastly approaching and Im awaiting some light hearted banter amongst the Hume Hwy clubs. You gunna be playing or still heading OS?

gta3 said:
Patty Ratray was last year voted the best looking player to play in the GVFL. to bad he's not playing in the GVFL anymore because i reckon he would still keep his title

I can't believe he beat Hickmont for that title. He is one sexy beast.

bradrowe#32 said:
Should be interesting to see how they go Travvy. Adding those guys to the Campbell brothers, Hall and the others should form a good combination.

However, they have had pretty talented teams before, but haven't done much good. Have they actually made the finals in the last 20 years (after their back to back in the mid 80's)?
yes, a very good call there young rowey. to be honest I know bugger all about the club (and am writing this post from countries away) so its probably wrong for me to call but I am going to say it anyway - it seems a culture thing there to produce rubbish results. despite these players they have recruited I still predict an 8th or 9th finish for the cattery. will stand by this call and cop any critism from any mooroopna posters on here if I happen to be wrong.

Doona2 said:
Where you been FOOTYBOSS round 1 is fastly approaching and Im awaiting some light hearted banter amongst the Hume Hwy clubs. You gunna be playing or still heading OS?
Ive been busy with work for a change and just been reading occasionaly to see what is happening on this forum. Im heading OS next wednesday afternoon for 3 and a half weeks. I arrive back in Melbourne 2 days before the much anticipated round 1 clash between us and seymour. Unfortunately I will not be taking to the field until about round 8 or 9. So will miss the chance t beat the lions. I will however be drinking numerous amounts of cans while watching this game and throwing out abuse like any supporter does. Look forward to it.

No heart was just stirrin with the ******** scared call, I was obviously quite bored at work and looking for a response.

Tige, I have also heard Marty McGrath has had talks with a load of clubs, played with Templestowe in Divvy 3 of the Eastern Footy League last year and failed to set the world on fire.....Work Ethic.....

Were still a month and the Euroa / Seymour comments are still flying in thick and fast, lets not get too nasty on the internet boys.......;) , theres that many of ya's on here, I wouldnt be suprised if you ran into the rooms at half time and posted on BigFooty on ya lap tops!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i thought this was the gv thread all that i read about is seymour. thats good coz i play for them but i want to find out more from other clubs. ps: son of a priest must be on drugs or something he has been talking up the boys a fair bit i see hopefully they can back it up.

FOOTYBOSS said:

Actually havn't seen Happy for a while. I live in melb now. About Hilton a mate told me he put on some weight from you or your mates message he hasn't. How much money is he on?

Seeking Glory said:
How much money is he on?

$1200 a game is the figure from a local source, and dont let the Euroa boys play it down because if it aint that it is pretty damn close!!!

Doona2 said:
$1200 a game is the figure from a local source, and dont let the Euroa boys play it down because if it aint that it is pretty damn close!!!

i kind of new it was around the $1000 mark. Any ideas, who's on the most $$$ per game.

tige19 said:
Was good mates with marty when he was at Coburg but always thought he would be a bit like what you said. Sort of doesnt know if his coming or going. In saying that i would hope his word to a mate would count for something.

I know that the only other club he has spoken to this year is Lalor and what they have offered him is nothing special and would be beaten easily by other clubs.

I will know more by Friday what his gonna do, well ill know 100% what his gonna do but any club that gets him he would really be an elite player for. In regards about his car i would go get him every week if it meant he will play, the kid has unbelivable talent, just has got to want it and love playing footy again.

cheers

Marty has signed at Lalor and trained again tonite, was lookin sharp with the skills aswell...

Doona2 said:
Doubt whether he is actually on that much Doona. If so, its a fair amount of money. But lets not start that topic again. Have heard that Euroa have a few injuries at the moment and quite a few players wont be ready for the round 1 clash. Can thee Euroa boys confirm this?

Good to see big Balraj Singh commit to another year at the cats. I believe they will finish in the top 4 this year. Have him and Brad Campbell down forward. Karl Norman down back and coach HAll floating around the ground taking marks everywhere. Good onballers in Tremellen and Blake Campbell as well. My smokey this year is the cats.

LOBSTER said:
Doubt whether he is actually on that much Doona. If so, its a fair amount of money. But lets not start that topic again. Have heard that Euroa have a few injuries at the moment and quite a few players wont be ready for the round 1 clash. Can thee Euroa boys confirm this?

Good to see big Balraj Singh commit to another year at the cats. I believe they will finish in the top 4 this year. Have him and Brad Campbell down forward. Karl Norman down back and coach HAll floating around the ground taking marks everywhere. Good onballers in Tremellen and Blake Campbell as well. My smokey this year is the cats.

Lobster do u really think that any Euroa player or supporter for that matter worth half their salt is going to get on this thread and confirm with u "who" is not right for rnd 1.? Mate. !!!!

Doona2 said:
Doona, you usually post with a fair bit of common sense and without much hyperbole but whether or not he is on or near that figure, I doubt that your "local" source would know themselves.

There is every chance they are guessing just as much as anyone else.

TuskenRaider said:
Doona, you usually post with a fair bit of common sense and without much hyperbole but whether or not he is on or near that figure, I doubt that your "local" source would know themselves. There is every chance they are guessing just as much as anyone else.

I do expect the Euroa followers to deny this and you's dont have to believe me, it's not a guess it came from someone whom I value their football knowledge and info up that way

I actually reckon $1000-$1200 is about the mark an xe AFL straight out the system should be on - so if Rory is as fit and firing as indicated then the Magpies will be very pleased on the return on their investment

Doona2 said:
I do expect the Euroa followers to deny this and you's dont have to believe me, it's not a guess it came from someone whom I value their football knowledge and info up that way

I actually reckon $1000-$1200 is about the mark an xe AFL straight out the system should be on - so if Rory is as fit and firing as indicated then the Magpies will be very pleased on the return on their investment

The truth is that very few people would really have a clue what he is on and estimates like this mean sweet f..... all:rolleyes:

I have another mate who came out of the AFL system and not for the life of me could I ever get out of him how much coin he was on. He would only say "I'm on about yada, yada" and then if you asked him again he would deliberately make up some other amount.

The point I'm trying to make is Rory will know what his on, Xav would know what he's on and maybe 1 or 2 others but the rest of us are just throwing numbers around Willie nillie without a f...ing clue!!!

There would no doubt be plenty of people up that way claiming to know what coin certain players on but I am confident they would be talking through their @r$e:thumbsdown:

kanga fan man said:
Marty has signed at Lalor and trained again tonite, was lookin sharp with the skills aswell...

Wrong! He might have trained but i just spoke to him and his coming with me 2moro to Tatura training. All his signed is a clearance to Lalor which means squat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad