Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

tige19 said:
Wrong! He might have trained but i just spoke to him and his coming with me 2moro to Tatura training. All his signed is a clearance to Lalor which means squat.

I think you are wrong tige19.

how are yous travelling anyway.?

tige19 said:
Wrong! He might have trained but i just spoke to him and his coming with me 2moro to Tatura training. All his signed is a clearance to Lalor which means squat.

'sounds familar tige, good stuff getting him up to tat, hopefully he is home when you got to pick him up

kanga fan man said:
I think you are wrong tige19.

how are yous travelling anyway.?

Nah brother im pretty sure im 100% right, spoke to him about an hour ago and i can assure you his coming up tommorow. I know he signd a clearance to Lalor but thats all, he hasnt signed a contract holding him to the club for the season and even if he did that can be broken as he hasnt accepted any money off them like a sign on yet.

I think the fact he could probably get a bit more with us money wise might be to hard to knock back as he has a young family. Hopefully being a mate he will stick to his word and come up with me, as long as he gets in the car i would think he would sign.

Still about 2 big blokes of the finals, need a Full forward and Full back apart from that we have a very good backline and a strong midfield with a good ruckman. Will struggle up forwward unless someone can suprise.

Interesting to note that an M.Brown was in the best players for Numurkah in their 107 point hammering of Tongala in the Barooga Night Series.

Further qualifies the comments made by Dave Williams on 3SR last week that Brown had knocked back the Tigers for the Blues.

Now where's that report in the Shepp News....

tige19 said:
Nah brother im pretty sure im 100% right, spoke to him about an hour ago and i can assure you his coming up tommorow. I know he signd a clearance to Lalor but thats all, he hasnt signed a contract holding him to the club for the season and even if he did that can be broken as he hasnt accepted any money off them like a sign on yet.

I think the fact he could probably get a bit more with us money wise might be to hard to knock back as he has a young family. Hopefully being a mate he will stick to his word and come up with me, as long as he gets in the car i would think he would sign.

Still about 2 big blokes of the finals, need a Full forward and Full back apart from that we have a very good backline and a strong midfield with a good ruckman. Will struggle up forwward unless someone can suprise.
tige19- marty has signed a contract, a clearance and has accepted a sign on fee. not much but he has. if you are talking about sticking to your word then that has just summed it up.

Junkie said:
The truth is that very few people would really have a clue what he is on and estimates like this mean sweet f..... all:rolleyes:

I have another mate who came out of the AFL system and not for the life of me could I ever get out of him how much coin he was on. He would only say "I'm on about yada, yada" and then if you asked him again he would deliberately make up some other amount.

The point I'm trying to make is Rory will know what his on, Xav would know what he's on and maybe 1 or 2 others but the rest of us are just throwing numbers around Willie nillie without a f...ing clue!!!

There would no doubt be plenty of people up that way claiming to know what coin certain players on but I am confident they would be talking through their @r$e:thumbsdown:

Never did I profess to say I know, just what I was told, not much else to talk about this time of year, roll on round 1 and then we can pay out those who dont appear to be earning their $$$ I say :p

far canal said:
tige19- marty has signed a contract, a clearance and has accepted a sign on fee. not much but he has. if you are talking about sticking to your word then that has just summed it up.

I dont think signing a contract would mean much to Marty.....the only thing going through his head while putting pen to paper would be $$$$$$$$$$$

Flat Track Bully said:
Interesting to note that an M.Brown was in the best players for Numurkah in their 107 point hammering of Tongala in the Barooga Night Series.

Further qualifies the comments made by Dave Williams on 3SR last week that Brown had knocked back the Tigers for the Blues.

Heard the interview last Satdy morning also FTB - Dirty admitted him and the Tigers recruitng boys met with Brown again recently but from memory he said talks seems to have fallen down and they missed out on him.

Now that it's been on BIg Footy the Shepp News boys will be all over it . . . .

Doona2 said:
Heard the interview last Satdy morning also FTB - Dirty admitted him and the Tigers recruitng boys met with Brown again recently but from memory he said talks seems to have fallen down and they missed out on him.

Now that it's been on BIg Footy the Shepp News boys will be all over it . . . .
I reckon the Shepp News boys would probably know more about what Brown is doing than us here on BF. Doesn't Brown work at the Shepp News?

Flat Track Bully said:

They're probably all busy working on the next round of Brett Deledio articles.

have nothing really constructive to post but thought I'd write so as the thread would be back on the first page again. wtf is with you boys back in aus not posting in this thread on a friday anyway?? its an insult to rowey who started this thread many months ago.

Doona2 said:
$1200 a game is the figure from a local source, and dont let the Euroa boys play it down because if it aint that it is pretty damn close!!!
Well this may come as a surprise but ther is no player at Euroa on more than $600 a game so i don't know where you got $1200 a game from! I think that is what Mansfield offered him!!! I know of at least 4 clubs paying players over the $600 -$1000 mark and they include Seymor, Tatura, Mooroopna and Benalla!!! Would say Euroa Have used the money they have very wisely by not paying overpriced players to come to the club!!! Everyone is mates that want to play together and are quite happy to play for less to play together and go the next step!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marty Mcgrath signed last night at Tatura and his clearance will go through in the next week. Templestowe havent cleared him to Lalor yet and im pretty sure Tat officials have made contact with Templestowe and come to an agreemant. Also looks like a bloke who played in the WAFL and won a Colts B&F at under 16 or 19 level will play as well.

Anyone have any info on a guy named Fabian Kickett, been told that he is a genuine gun about 185cm but will hold down FB.

GVFLFAN said:
Well this may come as a surprise but ther is no player at Euroa on more than $600 a game so i don't know where you got $1200 a game from! I think that is what Mansfield offered him!!! I know of at least 4 clubs paying players over the $600 -$1000 mark and they include Seymor, Tatura, Mooroopna and Benalla!!! Would say Euroa Have used the money they have very wisely by not paying overpriced players to come to the club!!! Everyone is mates that want to play together and are quite happy to play for less to play together and go the next step!!!

What a load of rubish.... as if Euroa arnt paying anyone more than $600, most clubs would be, they would just be sayin that so that word doesnt get out on how much players are worth, and euroa havents used there money very wisely as they lost didnt come out with the premiership last season....

tige19 said:
Marty Mcgrath signed last night at Tatura and his clearance will go through in the next week. Templestowe havent cleared him to Lalor yet and im pretty sure Tat officials have made contact with Templestowe and come to an agreemant. Also looks like a bloke who played in the WAFL and won a Colts B&F at under 16 or 19 level will play as well.

Anyone have any info on a guy named Fabian Kickett, been told that he is a genuine gun about 185cm but will hold down FB.

he has signed a contract at lalor . he told the club he went to tat n friday nite but he not playing there

kanga fan man said:
he has signed a contract at lalor . he told the club he went to tat n friday nite but he not playing there

I was writing a descent response to your dribble but thought id save you the embarrasment and just say it once more that Martie is at Tatura, he signed his contract and commited for the season. Furthermoore his mate Fabian Kickett/Winmar (cant remember his last name) looks a possibility to sign to. There is little to no chance that Martie will be at Lalor. I heard that Lalors training is rubbish and the standard was terrible hence the reason Martie probably wants to play elsewhere.

tige19 said:
I was writing a descent response to your dribble but thought id save you the embarrasment and just say it once more that Martie is at Tatura, he signed his contract and commited for the season. Furthermoore his mate Fabian Kickett/Winmar (cant remember his last name) looks a possibility to sign to. There is little to no chance that Martie will be at Lalor. I heard that Lalors training is rubbish and the standard was terrible hence the reason Martie probably wants to play elsewhere.

Well we will see then. marty also said that he only went up because they were harrassing him so he just went up there to shut em up.

His partner is playing in our womens team and her cousins play at lalor.

Where ever he plays im sure he will dominate anyway

tige19 said:
cmon tige19 theres no need to have a go at lalor mate. when you hardly win a game you dont have a right to talk down other comps or teams. I could imagine your training when half the side live in melb, it would be disgraceful. if we played tat in a practice match we would not just pump ya but we would punch the c u n t out of you aswell. top 5 or 6 teams in gv are very good but the bottom 4 or 5 (tatura) are absolutely putrid. maybe ya should do what tongala have done and go to a lesser comp. I suggest the heathcote league.

tige19 said:
cmon tige19 theres no need to have a go at lalor mate. when you hardly win a game you dont have a right to talk down other comps or teams. I could imagine your training when half the side live in melb, it would be disgraceful. if we played tat in a practice match we would not just pump ya but we would punch the c u n t out of you aswell. top 5 or 6 teams in gv are very good but the bottom 4 or 5 (tatura) are absolutely putrid. maybe ya should do what tongala have done and go to a lesser comp. I suggest the heathcote league.

GVFLFAN said:

Jenga how dare you come out with ******** like that, you know do you what we are all on here at seymour, I think not, and please tell me and all of us here on bigfooty what players are on more than $600 a game at my club ???????

No Heart said:
Jenga how dare you come out with ******** like that, you know do you what we are all on here at seymour, I think not, and please tell me and all of us here on bigfooty what players are on more than $600 a game at my club ???????
GVFL players must now be playing for discount wages. 10 years ago Peter White ( deceased) not the coach was playing for $800 at Ky when they won the flag. Common wages 5 years ago was 500-600 for good players. Tat used to lead the way. In the last few years Mooroopna has spent plenty to get Hall, Campbells, Singh, Tremellen & others. Why are the Shepp clubs struggling ? Because they haven't paid big money other than to Mellington & Hickmott. Why are Seymour & Euroa so strong. Because they have paid money to get good players Saad etc - maybe $800 and they have also got mates to play for reasonble money. However as someone has said who really knows . Good clubs do not overpay. Stupid clubs want to buy a flag in one year and they never do. Apparently Wakool are paying Shane Harvey $2000.

No Heart said:
Sorry to offend you whichever alias this is today but just stating some facts to clear a few things up!!! Not going to name names mate but i do know a fair few guys at your club and know what they at least were on the first year they went up and it was $600 not a dollar more or less!!! They also offered a mate of mine the same amount this year!!! I think you should have a better look at things mate!!! Don't want to get into a money bashing thing here as obviously your club has more money to spend so they are well in their rights to spend it, all i was really trying to clear up is that my club, Euroa, may not have the same money coming in as it is the smallest town in the league so the dollars everyone thinks we are on is well less than everyone thinks so my previous statement that no one is on more than $600 is very very valid!!! Lets just let the footy do the talking!!! Bring on Round 1!!!

just left the euroa pub and talking to a few locals down there that tell me next weekend euroa have there first hit out in an itra-club match. it is what is happening the next day the really got me . the day after on the sunday the players will be competing in a last man standing fitness test. early bets are being taken to who will win and who will be forced out first. bets can only be on regular senior players.

Wayne Weideman said:
just left the euroa pub and talking to a few locals down there that tell me next weekend euroa have there first hit out in an itra-club match. it is what is happening the next day the really got me . the day after on the sunday the players will be competing in a last man standing fitness test. early bets are being taken to who will win and who will be forced out first. bets can only be on regular senior players.
The survivor camp is not going ahead mate it is just a intra club game on the saturday with some light training and a bbq afterwards!!! Thank god cos the survivor camp would of been tough considering who their coach is and how hard last years camp was at mount wombat!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad