Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

GVFLFAN said:
The survivor camp is not going ahead mate it is just a intra club game on the saturday with some light training and a bbq afterwards!!! Thank god cos the survivor camp would of been tough considering who their coach is and how hard last years camp was at mount wombat!!!

did that camp involve running up near strathbogie nude for some of the boys?

Wayne Weideman said:
That was a part of the 14km run through strathbogie which im sure all players will never forget!!!

Wayne Weideman said:
That was a part of the 14km run through strathbogie which im sure all players will never forget!!!

GVFLFAN said:

f#####g funny when i got told earlier though.
icon10.gif

GVFLFAN said:
Well this may come as a surprise but ther is no player at Euroa on more than $600 a game so i don't know where you got $1200 a game from! I think that is what Mansfield offered him!!! I know of at least 4 clubs paying players over the $600 -$1000 mark and they include Seymor, Tatura, Mooroopna and Benalla!!! Would say Euroa Have used the money they have very wisely by not paying overpriced players to come to the club!!! Everyone is mates that want to play together and are quite happy to play for less to play together and go the next step!!!

I think it has been clearly stated on BF that no one knows exactly what people are getting. People here a rumour, jump on BF and post it. There were rumours of $1,200-$1,400 on Hiltons head floating around.

Janzy, didn't you want to come to seymour? A seymour coach told me that you asked for a rediculous price above your ability, a price which euroa had offered, and the RUMOUR was above $600, you wanted Seymour to offer it to you, but the coach thought it was a waste of money...and i think the GF backed that statement up, we already had schotty. Now a Morrison medallist, no need to waste money on a back up ruckman.

Anyhoo, this certain coach told you to take the Euroa offer cos you won't get a better deal anywhere...

whether that is truth or not, i'm not sure...i'm sure you will get back on here and tell us all its a crock of s h i t...but its exactly the same mumbo jumbo you have heard about what Seymour, Benalla, Tatura, etc pay their players,

Lets go over this again, face the facts that all these blarzay figures people throw around are incorrect, know one knows, so lets not argue.

Your statment before about what the seymour blokes are on is way off by the way...just like our info is on the Euroa boys is...obviously.

GVFLFAN said:
Well this may come as a surprise but ther is no player at Euroa on more than $600 a game so i don't know where you got $1200 a game from! I think that is what Mansfield offered him!!! I know of at least 4 clubs paying players over the $600 -$1000 mark and they include Seymor, Tatura, Mooroopna and Benalla!!! Would say Euroa Have used the money they have very wisely by not paying overpriced players to come to the club!!! Everyone is mates that want to play together and are quite happy to play for less to play together and go the next step!!!

Funny that as i have heard a whisper of a few current Euroa players intially being interested in heading to Seymour, only to be knocked back because of a high price tag they put on their head....

far canal said:
cmon tige19 theres no need to have a go at lalor mate. when you hardly win a game you dont have a right to talk down other comps or teams. I could imagine your training when half the side live in melb, it would be disgraceful. if we played tat in a practice match we would not just pump ya but we would punch the c u n t out of you aswell. top 5 or 6 teams in gv are very good but the bottom 4 or 5 (tatura) are absolutely putrid. maybe ya should do what tongala have done and go to a lesser comp. I suggest the heathcote league.

that is bull******** mate! not sure if you play in the GV or not but Tatura are a proud club with a very good record over the past 15 years. One down season and you think they should leave the comp...???

That is the dumbest comment I have read on this thread yet!

Tongala moved leagues due to successive seasons down the bottom caused by a number of things from population, $$ and in the last couple of years economic reasons in the township. Tat no where near being in the same position as that.

Suggest you try learning a bit about the GV before posting on the thread.

ilovetogetblind said:
that is bull******** mate! not sure if you play in the GV or not but Tatura are a proud club with a very good record over the past 15 years. One down season and you think they should leave the comp...???

That is the dumbest comment I have read on this thread yet!

Tongala moved leagues due to successive seasons down the bottom caused by a number of things from population, $$ and in the last couple of years economic reasons in the township. Tat no where near being in the same position as that.

Suggest you try learning a bit about the GV before posting on the thread.
I know a lot about the gv. this tig19 goose wants to hang ******** on other teams training ability when he has not even witnessed it. tat used to be a powerhouse but at the moment they are putrid. you could imagine training at tat where most of the ******s would be marking with their face. I suggest they open up their checkbook again because if they try and rely on their locals, it wont be long before they do end up in a minor league.

I agree that the prices that people think players are on is way over the top so i think we should just leave it at that and get on with the season at hand!!! Even you mr peterson making up rumours about other plaers is out of whack so once again get the facts right before you start posting rubish again!!! Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ex-Tiger to boost Bulldogs' chances

By Richard Goodbody

March 13 2006
Shepparton News

Tatura's premiership stocks received a timely boost at the weekend when it secured the services of former Richmond utility Marty McGrath.

The 22-year-old, who played four games for the Tigers during the 2003 season, agreed to terms with the Bulldogs on Friday night after training with the club.

"He'll be a welcome addition to our side," Tatura coach Travis Ryan said yesterday.

"He looks really fit and he moved well on Friday.

"I dare suggest we'll play him through the midfield with bursts up forward.

"But he's the type of player who can play anywhere."

After being selected by the Tigers with the 77th pick in the 2001 National Draft, McGrath burst to prominence in round 17 of the 2003 season when he kicked five goals on debut against the Western Bulldogs.

He played three more matches against Fremantle, St Kilda and Essendon, but managed just one more goal.

At the end of the 2003 season, however, McGrath was controversially sacked by Richmond, despite its executive denying there had been a specific incident contributing to his de-listing.

Since then, the former South Fremantle youngster has spent time with North Ballarat in the VFL and more recently with Templestowe in Eastern Football League.

"He'll base himself in Melbourne and travel up with a couple of our other guys," Ryan said.

"But we're pretty happy with the way things are going.

"We've got good numbers on the track, so things are shaping up pretty well."

Tatura begins its premiership campaign against Mooroopna on April 15.

CATS SINGHING AFTER SIGNING

By Richard Goodbody

March 13 2006
Shepparton News

Mooroopna hopes it has secured the final piece of its premiership puzzle by re-signing former Adelaide draftee Balraj Singh for another season.
The former Crow, who joined the Cats last year after dramatically walking out on the Griffith Swans, booted 63 goals during his debut Goulburn Valley Football League season.

"It's great to have him back," Mooroopna coach Derek Hall said.

"We weren't sure whether he was going to or not, but I can definitely confirm to you that he's coming back.

"He formed a pretty good combination with Robert Osborne last year and that will only help this year."

During the summer months Mooroopna has been one of the competition's most active recruiters, luring former Carlton bad-boy Karl Norman to the club, as well as former GVFL representative Jarrod Best, Wodonga onballer Nick Aloi and star Tongala defender Geoff Conally.

"I was actually planning on playing Karl at centre halfforward, but Singhy's kind of thrown that out the window," Hall said.

"It's a nice problem to have, but now I will have to go back to the drawing board.

"I'm sure it will all work out in the end."

After a decade of doom and gloom in the GVFL, the Cats now appear to have finally turned the corner.

After storming home during last year's premiership season, only to miss out on playing finals by the barest of margins, Hall has only one thing in his sights in 2006.

"Finals has got to be our aim," he said.

"It's all well and good to rant and rave about it, now we've got to do it.

"We've put a good list together, but now we need to grab a couple of early wins to get our season off and running.

"We haven't been able to do that in the two years I've been here, so that's the challenge."

Mooroopna begins its premiership campaign against Tatura on April 15.

Grimmett said:
CATS SINGHING AFTER SIGNING

Mooroopna hopes it has secured the final piece of its premiership puzzle by re-signing former Adelaide draftee Balraj Singh for another season.

During the summer months Mooroopna has been one of the competition's most active recruiters, luring former Carlton bad-boy Karl Norman to the club, as well as former GVFL representative Jarrod Best, Wodonga onballer Nick Aloi and star Tongala defender Geoff Conally.

After a decade of doom and gloom in the GVFL, the Cats now appear to have finally turned the corner.

After storming home during last year's premiership season, only to miss out on playing finals by the barest of margins, Hall has only one thing in his sights in 2006.

I reckon the Catters are one of just 4 teams - along with Seymour, Euroa and Benalla - you can pencil in as certain finalists ahead of the 2006 season.
Interested to hear the thoughts of others.

Grandale said:
I reckon the Catters are one of just 4 teams - along with Seymour, Euroa and Benalla - you can pencil in as certain finalists ahead of the 2006 season.
Interested to hear the thoughts of others.

yeah they have a good team, just depends if they get it together on the ground. haven't had a winning culture for a long time!

No doubt they will win more games this year and a good chance to make the finals, but it will be interesting to see how they go in the big games against the top teams. Will depend on whether their top 5 players can step up in these games and will also test how good their bottom 5 are.

Anyone else find it interesting that Derek Hall was saying how a salary cap should be introduced a few weeks ago and now his team has 5 ex-AFL players (amongst a few other recruits)?

GVFLFAN said:
I agree that the prices that people think players are on is way over the top so i think we should just leave it at that and get on with the season at hand!!! Even you mr peterson making up rumours about other plaers is out of whack so once again get the facts right before you start posting rubish again!!! Cheers

Mr Jansz, i never made any of that up, its what i was told...don't shoot the messenger.

My source is credible, but, he may be just spinning me s h i t, and if he is, you can say it is s h i t that i am talking and thats fine, wouldn't bother me. But its funny that others are hearing the same stories!!

I'm not starting rumours, just posting what i was told...which may be a rumour my source is starting.

anyhoo, enough bull crap money talk. Who cares, everyone spends it, how much is up to each club...cats to make finals, showed heaps of promise end of last year to almost scrape into finals. Top 4.

This season seems to be shaping up very interestingly with Moroopana signing Norman and getting back Singh for another season, also with Tatura grabbing Marty Mcgrath, and also possibly Fabian Winmar who played WAFL and won a junior league medal in the WAFL they could suprise. No news on Kyabram??

An early ladder prediction?

Euroa
Benalla
Seymour
Mooropana
Mansfield
Shepp United

Tatura
Rochester
Echuca
Shepp Swans
Shepp Bears
Kyabram

fat back pocket said:
Mr Jansz, i never made any of that up, its what i was told...don't shoot the messenger.

My source is credible, but, he may be just spinning me s h i t, and if he is, you can say it is s h i t that i am talking and thats fine, wouldn't bother me. But its funny that others are hearing the same stories!!

I'm not starting rumours, just posting what i was told...which may be a rumour my source is starting.

anyhoo, enough bull crap money talk. Who cares, everyone spends it, how much is up to each club...cats to make finals, showed heaps of promise end of last year to almost scrape into finals. Top 4.
Your source would be SJ and i did speak to seymor as i also spoke to a few different clubs!!! Was always going to Euroa!! There are always a couple of clubs that you speak to if you come from a half decent level of footy!! Not a crime i wouldn't think and by no means did i say i wanted to play for seymor!!! Thats why i said it was a false rumour!!! the same can be said for Adam Reid who was either going to come to us or go to you!!! He was training with you guys and nearly came to us after having a change of heart and he spoke with Dave but it didnt work out!!! Oh well im sure he is happy now with a medallion around his neck!!! Who do seymor play in their prac matches and how is Bails and Rama going??? Rumour is from a source of mine who talks to ramma all the time is that he may not come back cos he is not sure how his knee will go!!! Any info???

GVFLFAN said:
Who do seymor play in their prac matches and how is Bails and Rama going??? Rumour is from a source of mine who talks to ramma all the time is that he may not come back cos he is not sure how his knee will go!!! Any info???

The Lions were meant to play Jago's mob on Saturday but he rang up on Thursday and cancelled after only 15 or 16 blokes were available.
Play Bundoora this weekend, Northcote Park the week after and East Burwood on April 1.

GVFLFAN said:
Your source would be SJ and i did speak to seymor as i also spoke to a few different clubs!!! Was always going to Euroa!! There are always a couple of clubs that you speak to if you come from a half decent level of footy!! Not a crime i wouldn't think and by no means did i say i wanted to play for seymor!!! Thats why i said it was a false rumour!!! the same can be said for Adam Reid who was either going to come to us or go to you!!! He was training with you guys and nearly came to us after having a change of heart and he spoke with Dave but it didnt work out!!! Oh well im sure he is happy now with a medallion around his neck!!! Who do seymor play in their prac matches and how is Bails and Rama going??? Rumour is from a source of mine who talks to ramma all the time is that he may not come back cos he is not sure how his knee will go!!! Any info???

It wouldn't take long before the number 1 key on your keyboard starts to ware off hey !!!!!!!

Interesting comment regarding Ramsay... would be a big blow

ilovetogetblind said:
It wouldn't take long before the number 1 key on your keyboard starts to ware off hey !!!!!!!

Interesting comment regarding Ramsay... would be a big blow
Yeah your probably right cos i always use an exclamation mark in everything i write even on my emails!!! Bad habit i have there!!! Full stop is somewher on the keyboeard but just cant seem to locate it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad